Take-out
Asian
Catering
Fusion

Asian fusion food with vegan sushi, banh mi and Buddha boxes. Take out only. Open Tue-Fri 10:00-16:00, Sat 11:00-17:00, Sun 11:00-16:00.

Venue map for Veganatomy - Vegan Sushi & Banh Mi Bar
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by LuzMaYAlbe

EatwellEatPlants

Points +122

10 Feb 2024

Incredible food!

Delicious, colorful food. I'd order the whole menu if I could 😋

Pros: Flavours

Cons: I live far away😒

RobertGoulding

Points +42

07 Feb 2024

Amazing vegan sushi

Stunning vegan sushi, cut fresh and delicious. Friendly owner, well worth a visit. Great boon to the area! Also, get the kimchi, it’s amazing.

Pros: The food, The staff, The food

jimbothejetset

Points +175

02 Feb 2024

Great lunch

Amazing bento box
Super friendly staff who were happy to help with allergens
Will defo be back

Libra77

Points +2681

25 Jul 2023

Veganatomy Vegan Sushi

Small counter front in a larger shared space with other food and drink vendors. Ordering is via app from your table. I just had a four piece on this occasion. It arrived pretty quickly and had been made fresh. It was very messy to eat however and fell apart on picking up. Staff were lovely and friendly. Venue does have loud music playing and communal seating, but a nice view over the water.

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-25

Wren7

14 Jul 2023

Amazing vegan, gluten-free options

This was the best food I've had in ages! Really fresh and good quality. Generous portions, made and served by lovely, friendly people!

Pros: Amazing food, catering for various dietary require, Friendly staff, Generous portions, good value

Abby98

Points +132

18 Jun 2023

Healthy and Delicious

The perfect spot by the river in the sun with beautiful food 🩷 my favourite place to sit for a drink and a bite to eat, couldn’t recommend enough

Pros: Healthy , Really filling , Plenty of choice

HelenSewell

Points +260

07 Jun 2023

Amazing!

Love this place. Everything we have had has been consistently great. The menu changes every month/few months as well.

Pros: 100% vegan , Reasonably priced, Good amount of choice

Cons: Isn’t open every day of the week

KatLezTomp

28 May 2023

Amazing!

Absolutely the best vegan eat out place I've had, best baguette I've ever had too. 100% will come again, venue is nice, staff are lovely, food is to die for.

Pros: Baguettes, The Sushi, The price

ninadcrocha

Points +59

03 Apr 2023

One of the best vegan sushis

The sweet potato sushi is just delicious! I also had the seitan sandwich and I couldn’t decide which one I liked most ♥️ amazing place

Pros: 100% vegan , Home made seitan , Delicious sushi

DanCooke

Points +34

01 Feb 2023

Amazing Vegan Sushi

Friendly staff, Outstanding food. If your in the area I definatly recommend you try this place.

Pros: Vegan Options , Good Prices , Looks great

NatalieAnneCharlton

Points +112

30 Nov 2022

Incredible food

Just had my first taste of veganatomy at there carriage kitchen takeover after trying for months to get through and try the food.
I cannot compliment it enough, absolutely stunning. There were 5 dishes on the menu for the evening and my mam and i decided to order them all so we could try each and take the rest home. Needless to say we had to order extra to take home. If you get the chance to try their food ( particularly the char siu saitan) then do so immediately.

Pros: Incredible food

tom_j_99

Points +85

20 Sep 2022

Best vegan sushi

Really good high quality sushi, gyozas, and banh mi.

NatashaRice

Points +114

20 Sep 2022

Incredible Vegan Sushi

The best vegan sushi I’ve ever tried. The presentation and taste is amazing! The banh mis are delicious too

Pros: Amazing Taste , Great presentation

Mshell

Points +39

31 Aug 2022

Fab food

Went for 1st time last week and we will be definitely returning soon. Had the mushroom Bahn mi each. TBH my hubby wanted the rice bowl but you have to order via the app and for some reason it wouldn't let him and kept deleting order ( we confirmed they had in stock ). However I can appreciate how ordering this way helps the traders free up time and prevents queues.
We were kindly given a few free sushi ( said had spare) and we thoroughly enjoyed it all.
The girl serving was lovely and so helpful.

Pros: Amazing food, Great staff

Cons: Ordering via App..... if its not working properly

hanmoore21

Points +58

28 Aug 2022

Best vegan sushi EVER

First tried at a vegan food market and wasn’t too sure about sushi at the time but these totally changed my mind! Think it was sushi with oyster mushrooms in and it was honestly so so delicious! I’ve also recently visited them at the by the river shop and was also super impressed! The owner is also sooo lovely, would recommend to anyone!

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Unique flavours

Jawbone

Points +15

Mostly Veg
14 Aug 2022

Fabulous

The food was just amazing and the staff were so friendly. I'll definitely be back

Pros: Everything is vegan

Cons: The ridiculously loud music at the venue

Dixon22

Points +57

13 Jul 2022

Phenomenal food

We so enjoyed the food- the best vegan sushi ever. We were disappointed there were no grazing boxes available especially as we were early in the evening -so ordered spicy sushi, rainbow sushi and a Viet sub. It was enough for 3 - little on the pricy side for street food. We went early on a Saturday evening and the loud music was so unpleasant it spoilt the whole experience. When checking out the venue prior to going, I watched a youtube video which said they catered from hipsters to hip replacements. As we were a senior party of three- one with dementia and one deaf we felt we fitted into the hip replacement category. However the loud music was distressing. Also you had to use an app and QR code to order which is also painful for more senior folk. This was a big turn off and thus my rating reflects this rather than the food.

Pros: Outstanding food- tasty and flavoursome, Staff very helpful and friendly, As an open air venue - dogs and children welcome.

Cons: being forced to use an app and QR code to order, very loud music, little pricy for street food

KateEmmett

Points +3315

19 Feb 2022

Delicious

Tried their deep fried sushi at Wylam Brewery food festival, so tasty I went back for more

pauldyson

Points +150

07 Nov 2021

Delicious

Top notch Asian street food. Loved the urban sub!

mariamc27

Points +1071

22 Oct 2021

Favourite place

We go so often and it never disappoints... Unreal

hack_man

Points +23074

27 Sep 2021

Tonight make it magnificent

We’d originally planned to get a Chinese take away that evening but having visited Newcastle Quayside Market then passing HWKRMKT on the way over the Swing Bridge decided to pay Veganatomy a visit. £35 for a sharing platter for two is a bit steep but to be fair they have to pay what I can only imagine are extortionate overheads to the container village in which they are resident so absolutely no complaints. The take away box was absolutely rammed full of delicious sushi, seitan and mushroom banh mi rolls, pickles and condiments all freshly and lovingly prepared. An absolute vegan extravaganza. Indulge, enjoy and appreciate.

Pros: vegan banh mi, vegan sushi

Museumofvegan

Points +207

29 Aug 2021

Food that fizzes with flavour and fun

I ordered a large graze box from Veganatomy which featured bahn mi sandwiches and a selection of sushi. The flavours complimented each other so well - Zoe has such a talent for bringing the taste of humble veg to its full potential, absolutely magical tastes.

The box itself was a riot of colour - perfect for a special occasion, or just a nice lunch by the river!

Pros: Fresh produce, Lots of choice , Incredible flavours

DeannaElliott

Points +135

25 Aug 2021

Best vegan food in Newcastle!

I can’t say enough good stuff about Veganatomy, I crave it constantly and have visited many times now! Absolutely amazing food!!!

BrunaTessaro

Points +15

Vegetarian
13 Jun 2021

Best vegan sushi

Staff are super nice, sushi is an explosion of flavour, and the place is great, really the best vegan sushi I have tried!

AbiM

Points +3695

12 Jun 2021

Tasty but messy

Not all the menu items were on when we visited so we had the ‘flavour town’ jackfruit and ‘it’s a sin’ seitan. Food came quickly and looked great. A bit messy to eat however, we are guessing we need to start taking cutlery with us everywhere!

Pros: Tasty

Cons: Would have liked to try sushi but it wasn’t on, A bit messy to eat

robrrrto.p

Points +22

09 May 2021

SO good you can’t ignore them!

Quick service, lovely staff, and food is absolutely AMAZING

Pros: Small selection of DELICIOUS food, DELICIOUS food, again DELICIOUS food, and great staff

Cons: No cons so far!

LuzMaYAlbe

09 May 2021

Amazing vegan sushi and Banh Mi

The best vegan sushi. It was the first time I try Banh Mi and what an amazing surprise it was absolutely delicious.
Lovely atmosphere and very good service.
I would recommend Veganatomy 100%, I will be back!