Vegan Restaurant

Contact 0404456887

Kittyhawk Avenue (at Wirraway Parade), Inala, Queensland,

Opened Nov 2015 a restaurant serving vegan Asian and western dishes. Complimentary drinks with your beverage. Previously located in Forest Lake. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Asian, Vietnamese

First Review by chelseyreid

Fantastic food, friendly staff - Edit

Great low key restaurant. I have received very good customer service every time I have visited. The pho is amazing. Fooled my non-vegan family. The other dishes I've tried hce also been fantastic.

All delicious - all VEGAN! - Edit

Great little 100% vegan restaurant! My partner and I go here quite regularly and have never had a bad experience. The staff are the kindest people you'll ever meet and are very passionate about veganism (you get a feel for that as soon as you walk in). Big selection with the meals and all generous serves too! Would be a good place to take non-vegans as they serve mock meats which scarily taste like the real deal.

Nice vegan option in the western suburbs - Edit

This is a small, unpretentious restaurant in a complex close to the major Forest Lake shopping centre.

The owner, Chin, was friendly, food came out pretty quickly, and three of us had an amusing night and low cost meal.

We had three dishes that we shared as well as some plain rice: vegetables in black bean sauce, 'fish' and chips, and a spicy 'chicken' dish. Each of us leant towards different things.

The vegetables in black bean sauce were tasty and something i think we all enjoyed.

The chicken had a zing and was quite gingery (too much for me, but the others liked it).

The 'fish' in the fish and chips was a piece of 'meat' substitute in seaweed, covered in batter. The batter was more doughy than greasy. As such, it's not like the greasy take away effect you get from the 'fish' and chips at at place like Feed The Earthlings - something some people might appreciate, others miss. The chips were nice.

One of us said that he would've eaten dessert, but there were only a few choices and none appealed.

Like the Loving Hut, this place is inspired by the work of Ching Hai. As such, you'll find posters, maybe tv (if it's on - it wasn't on the night), and written material from her organisation there.

All in all, good service, nice food and an enjoyable night. Hopefully the restaurant will make a go of it. I plan to return sometime!

Pros: friendly and relaxed, low cost, sound vegan fare

Cons: small selection of desserts

Interesting restaurant, good food. - Edit

I went to Vegan Restaurant, with my partner and a friend, not entirely sure of what to expect, other than, of course, that it was a vegan restaurant.

On entering the restaurant, we noticed a lot of advocacy material (some might say propaganda) posted on the walls. The TVs were playing various youtube videos advocating veganism. We was okay with that, but if you aren't, consider yourselves warned.

The food was very cheap. We ordered several dishes to share. We had a mock-seafood plate, lemon-grass and chilli mock-chicken, and a fried rice. The restaurant makes heavy use of mock meats, but they prepare them well, and all of the dishes were quite nice.

I'd recommend Vegan Restaurant to anyone looking for an interesting dining experience in the Forest Lake area.

Pros: Cheap, Good food

Return to Inala Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 956 times since Oct 2015.