CLOSED: Vegan Restaurant

Contact n/a

Renmin Road, Dali, China,

Walk east towards the lake, look for the pottery shop on the left side with the hand-painted sign "Vegan Restaurant" above the window. The pottery shop is owned by a vegan man who cooks meals each night for his friends and invites others to join for around 15RMB. There is no menu, and meals are at 7pm. Food is vegan and healthy (rice and vegetables) served Chinese style with dishes in the middle of the table for guests to take into their own rice bowl. Some nights the owner makes tofu and soymilk. Limited seating is in the small pottery shop with some more seating upstairs. The owner speaks some English. REPORTED CLOSED, JULY 2016. Open Mon-Sun 7:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese

First Review by sachadowell

Vegan Restaurant, Dali - Edit

2 of us walked the entire length of this street looking for the place described in the happycow listing. We couldn't find anything remotely resembling the description.

Cons: Closed for business

nice little place to eat a chinese-style meal - Edit

I only went here once but the food was excellent and it was nice to eat a vegan local-style meal with the locals! When I was there the guy had invited 4 friends and I was the only tourist. Only he could speak some english. The food included purple rice (healthier than white rice), eggplant with two kinds of tasty sauces, beans, very tasty mushrooms and soup with tomato and green veges. All were cooked and flavoured to perfection. It was great value at just 15RMB.
I forgot to ask the guy if he minded if I list it on Happy Cow but I forgot, oops! As I said above, the shop is small so they probably can't handle a big group showing up and anyway they'd want to know in advance to know how much to cook. But if just one or two people you should be able to show up just before 7pm to get a meal.

Pros: Nice to join in a family-style meal, Tasty and healthy food, Excellent value for money

Cons: No menu to choose from - set meal at 7pm, Small area to eat in

Return to Dali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Vegan Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.