First Review by JohnKeith

Nice vegan place - Edit

We eat lunch here once, the owner was very friendly. Everything is vegan, but when we came he was not having any written menu, he just told us about the different options. Me and my husband ordered a vegan burger which was fine, but not really anything special. Our daughter was very pleaced With her tagliatelle With pesto and vegan cheese. The owner is Italian, so the majority of the dishes have an Italian influence.
The restaurant is very Nice, and sometimes they do special events.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good value

Wonderful ITALIAN food, but NO TAPAS - Edit

My mother and I came here a week or two ago. Place was lovely, small and cosy and the waiter (cook?) was very friendly. We asked for the menu, he says "I am the menu!" This was fine by us- having read the reviews beforehand I knew this was the case, and was really looking forward to a night of all-vegan tapas after all the raving reviews. We asked if they could recommend their best tapas dishes, and were told they didn't serve tapas at all! He said they serve Italian food. So after that we said ok, cook whatever is best.

We both had tagliatelle pesto pasta with vegan Parmesan. Very flavourful and generous with the olive oil, it was really enjoyable. Could perhaps have benefited from some veggies/nuts/whatever for texture variation, but other than that very lovely.

I'd update the listing as this is advertised as a tapas bar, but without the menu (and without fluent English/Spanish on either end) I couldn't check if this was the permanent situation or if they had only stopped serving tapas temporarily. He gave he impression it was pretty permanent though- I realised later that they had Italian flags on the walls. Maybe they changed management?

Pros: flavourful, authentic food, nice atmosphere, fairly central

Cons: not at all as advertised, no tapas, literally none

Great food and staff - Edit

Friendly staff and tasty food. Had the "Plato combinado" as an starter and really liked it. Has a great selection of vegan burgers, pastas and rice as well as Spanish tapas. Not the nearest from town but worth visiting.

This is the Point - Edit

What a welcome find in Spain - a vegan tapas bar with a great range of dishes including burgers and fab patatas bravas with spicy sauce. Music was great and the owner was really friendly and gave excellent but relaxed service. Overall we had a good meal at a good value price. The sort of place you want to support.

Pros: Relaxed enjoyable atmosphere, Welcoming staff, Vegan tapas!

Amazing food, friendly staff!! - Edit

Friendly staff, tasty tapas with lots of variety, a little hidden but great place for dinner and/or drinks! You can get so many kinds of tapas to choose from and I wanted to try them all so I persuaded a group of 6 omnivores to try this place out. We just asked the kitchen to prepare good tapas plates to share and everyone loved it! Their veggie tarts were amazing; spinach, broccoli.. Especially creamy cauliflower one. Other ones with some seasoned seitan pieces, lentil burger, bean burger were all very tasty. I remember that chickpea burger was a bit salty and escaragos wasn't that impressive. Oh and the price was also very inexpensive; we left very full all had one cana or a wine but price was only about 7 euro per person! Staffs are super nice and answered all my questions as well. Theres no outside seating so no great ambience of sitting in a plaza but you can have a good dinner with a drink and move on to another bar in old town which is only 10-15 min away on foot.

Pros: Delicious!, Lots of variety, friendly

Cons: no outdoor seating

Amazing Food, Drinks, Service - Edit

As Spain is not known for vegan food, we checked Happy Cow, and found Vegan Point. It is close to downtown, and not difficult to find with a map. It was recently opened by two guys from Italy, and the food and service is amazing. We were greeted at the door and invited in to a comfortable, modern decor setting. The chef makes everything from scratch, and uses local and organic ingredients where possible. We had the sampler plate on which everything was incredible. We then split a seitan with primavera sauce, something that even a carnivore would love. The desserts were as good as the rest, and we were happy to find a world class vegan restaurant in Alicante. The price for all of this was very reasonable. The owners speak a little English, so you can get by in English, Spanish, or Italian.

Pros: Food, Service, Decor

Return to Alicante Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Vegan Point closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2549 times since Feb 2014.