Vegan Junk Food Bar - Westside

• ( 172 reviews )

Staringplein 22, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1054 VL

Vegan fast food bars est. 2017, the first of several outlets. Menu offers stacked vegan burgers, hot dogs, bitterballen, croissant sandwiches, chickn nuggets, faux fish, ice cream, onion rings, and loaded fries. Adds color to the buns and mayo. Cashless.
Note December 2021: Restaurants in the Netherlands must close between 5:00pm and 5:00am until at least Dec 19. Takeaway may be provided outside of allowed opening hours. A Dutch or EU Covid-19 certificate is required for indoor dining in the Netherlands. Open Mon-Fri 15:00-22:00, Sat-Sun 12:00-22:00.

Categories: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by small_trees

DaphD

Points +1008

29 Oct 2021

Smaller than other VJFBs

This place is a lot smaller and does not have cocktails or other freshly made drinks. The interior also looks different: black & white and harsh lighting. However, their food and drinks are as nice as I’m used from other VJFBs.

Cons: Small, No cocktails and fresh juices

30 Oct 2021

Hi DaphD,

We are happy you enjoyed our food and drinks. The reason that this VJFB is different from the others is because this is our new concept called VJFB 2D and it is intended to make you feel as if your in a comic book since everything is two dimensional. Nonetheless, we thank you for your review and hope to see you back soon.

Team VJFB💚

Rajeshwari

Points +584

25 Oct 2021

Expensive

So expensive. We had two burgers, fries and a sumoplate. The kombucha for 5,95 was about 0,2 liter- if we had known that, we wouldn’t took it.
In total this small meal was about 70€. Which is way overpriced.
In relation to our first visit the quality and amount of food decreased. Instead of flower blossoms as tasty garnish colorised mayo.

Pros: Fully Vegan

Cons: Expensive , Bored staff, No amounts/pieces labeled on menue

30 Oct 2021

Hi Rajeshwari,

Hi,

We are so sorry to read that you experienced our food as expensive. The reason for this is due to the fact that we develop, produce and distribute our key ingredients ourselves which makes it sometimes more expensive than average. On the other hand, for us making sure our customers are fully satisfied after visiting us is very important therefore we would appreciate it a lot if you could contact us via: a.carrillo.puentes@veganjunkfoodbar.com so that we can try to resolve this to your satisfaction.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Team VJFB💚

arjanvanderoest

Points +20

17 Oct 2021

Great kapsalon!

Enjoyed my vegan kapsalon with a fresh jalapeños. Too much to try in one go, so I would definitely eat here again… But complementary paracetamol should be included for the decor, it’s crazy 😜

Updated from previous review on 2021-10-16

Pros: Great junkfood, No animal cruelty, Making vegan mainstream

Cons: Not very cozy, very bright light., Prices a bit steep, may be a hurdle for others

18 Oct 2021

Thank you for leaving us a 5-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our food and we thank you for leaving us the feedback about the decor, we will take it into account.

Hope to see you back again soon.

Team VJFB

cippi

Points +412

04 Oct 2021

Good but a bit greasy

Good but a bit greasy food. Ok to fill your stomach

04 Oct 2021

Thank you for your feedback!

Rebacke

Points +189

15 Sep 2021

Loved every bite of it

What an unusual place with wonderful vegan food options. I had to try the Pink Burger with the blue sauce and it really lived ups to it’s looks.
The waitress was super friendly as well.

Pros: Lots of beautiful colors and fresh food, Everything looked great as well on other tables, Very friendly staff

Cons: No alcohol served

17 Sep 2021

We are really glad you enjoyed it and we hope to see you soon again💚

Colizei

Points +60

14 Aug 2021

Good

It was good. Check it out.

31 Aug 2021

Thank youuuu! we are glad you enjoyed it😊💚

Trashnottash

Points +19

14 Aug 2021

Amazing 😍😍

This restaurant was on my bucket list of vegan restaurants to visit and it didnt disappoint. I had the Mc Cruetly Free and my sibling had the Royal Smash Burger and we shared the iconic rainbow fries.Everything was perfect and we all thoroughly enjoy it. I was sad not to get to see the inside of the restaurant(due to covid😖)as I've seen insta post of there amazing decor but all in all an enjoyable experience😍Cant wait to visit again

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-14

Pros: Lots of vegan option, Friendly Accomidating Staff

Cons: A tad bit on the pricer side

31 Aug 2021

We are sooo happy you enjoyed it! and we really hope to see you soon again!💚😊

Plantqueen

Points +44

19 Jul 2021

Loved it!

Delicious food. Servings are decent sizes too that actually fill you up. Busy place which is a good thing to see.

Elinevl

Points +117

16 Jul 2021

The best!

We eat here every time we are in Amsterdam because it is soo good!

Pros: Everything is vegan

Thank you so much and we hope to see you soon again💚😊

MatthijsGerms

Points +126

18 May 2021

Vegan's fastfood wet dream paradise

Title says it all

17 Sep 2021

Hahaha thank you much we really appreciate it💚😊

motherrunner68

Points +69

10 May 2021

A Vegan’s Dream

Fun, eclectic vegan restaurant in beautiful Amsterdam. Not only is everything vegan, your meal is beautifully presented and vibrant colors. We ate here twice and were only in Amsterdam 3 days. We both had a chikin sandwich that was just amazing.

Pros: Many choices on the menu, Price was in line with other restaurants , Fun, eclectic vibe

Cons: Couldn’t say I disliked anything

17 Sep 2021

Thank you so much, we really appreciate it💚😊

caterina2909

Points +36

22 Nov 2020

Simply delicious!

I went there for dinner with a friend, as we couldn’t decide which burger to eat we shared a Mc Cruelty Free and a Daddy Mc Chik’n and on the side we had the Bitter Balls and the Chickpea Fries. The food was delicious and I personally loved the chickpea fries. Can’t wait to come back!!

Pros: Everything is vegan , Friendly and helpful staff

Thank you so much and we hope to see you soon again💚😊

fionadraiocht

Points +158

09 Nov 2020

I wanted everything off the menu!

As a vegan, there is nothing better than going somewhere and being able to eat whatever you like off the menu! This particular one is quite small but we visited on a Monday lunchtime, so had no issue getting a table. The lady who served us was super friendly and helpful.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food, Nice vibe

Cons: Small place

sovsten

Points +811

29 Oct 2020

Oh my Goodness!

It was freaking amazing. I love this kind of food! So bright and delicious! This Kapsalon is forever in my heart

Pros: Everything is delicious

groeningen

Points +125

06 Sep 2020

Overrated and overpriced

Maybe this place was groundbreaking three years ago, but I had so much better vegan fast food in other locations. For the price they ask you would expect something mindblowing - it's nothing special. They dare to ask 7,50 for a bottle of kombucha.

Pros: making vegan snacks mainstream, great for instagram pics?

Cons: expensive, service could be happier

Kuheuter

Points +28

06 Sep 2020

very delicous

We ate Kapsalon and rainbow fries. Very, very delicious!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

İlaydaYıldır

Points +50

05 Sep 2020

Tasty

I love vegan junk food bar so much this was the first restaurant I went to when I became vegan in 2017. I’m really craving their sashimi rn.

NiNaSch

Points +36

16 Aug 2020

Great vegan loaded Fries!

Here you can get every kind of vegan junk food. The selection is large and I can really recommend the loaded fries which taste delicious!

The_Seitanist

Points +696

25 Jul 2020

Loved it

One of the very few places vegans can try the traditional Dutch snack "bitterballen"!! Burgers are extremely tasty 💚

noeck

Points +164

10 Jun 2020

Solides, veganes Junkfood

Schmeckt sehr nach Fleisch, das muss man mögen. Ansonsten durchaus sehr lecker, wenn auch recht teuer.

Pros: Viele vegane Gerichte (sogar ausschließlich?), Gutes, veganes Junkfood

Cons: Recht teuer, Burger schmeckt sehr fleischig

RobinJennifer

Points +393

02 Mar 2020

Loooove it!!

Soooo good. So many things to choose from.

Pros: A lot of choices , Delicious

Cons: Little bit expensive , Often very busy

iIokkorb

Points +122

21 Feb 2020

Delicious burgers

The classic burgers are perfect for vegan meat lovers, very tasty

Cons: Pricy

Ant1Plant1

Points +1329

16 Feb 2020

One of the very best

The pictures don't do this food justice o took my non vegan best friend and brother they loved it.

50shadesOfGreen

Points +112

02 Feb 2020

The best vegan junk food you tried

This place is totally amazing with its colorful interior and delicious burgers. The heavy food meets the expectations of anyone craving the hungover cure or just warm feelings in your belly. Come hungry, leave with tears of happiness on your face.

Pros: Great looking burgers, Great tasting burgers , Great looking place

florencialiu

felici2s

Points +32

18 Jan 2020

Great!

You'll enjoy the burgers! The out- and inside environments are very pleasant, and the menu alternatives are great, each well spiced! Everyone was super nice!

Updated from previous review on 2018-07-23

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Pleasant environment

Cons: (Bathroom)

mildika

Points +60

01 Jan 2020

Good in a pinch

Purely vegan food but as the name warns - not healthy food. I did enjoy the “raw fish” dish which looked very real and the texture was amazing. I even asked what it was made of. Turns out - potato starch 😱 The bitter balls were also very good though I would have liked them better without the “kick”. Otherwise, there are primarily burgers and fries.

Pros: All vegan, Tasty food

Cons: Mostly deep fried, not many healthier options

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Junk Food Bar - Westside closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.