First Review by Oinkrabbit

Simple cheap veg meal - Edit

On 13 June 2013, when I showed the address to the cab driver, he said the road was easy to locate as it was near to Central Market. But still he went a few turns around the lanes because some of the roads were under construction,so take my advice: it is better to get a cab driver to bring you there.

As the picture showed, the cafe has a simple shopfront which can be easily overlooked by passers-by. The interior is equally simple with a few tables and chairs and an order counter. It was manned by a local polite aunty. Later I learnt that she is a follower of Supreme Master Ching Hai so this cafe is likely to be set up because of her.

The food choice was simple - choose rice or noodles and pick the a few of pre-cooked veggie dishes to go with it. Since this was my first time, I asked aunty to mix and match each of the dishes which cost only MUR 100. Cheap price for a filling meal.

The veggies were nicely home-cooked version which reminded me of those in Singapore. Sure a nice change from those foods ate at the hotel.
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 29, 2013

Pros: Cheap, Simple and nicely cooked veggies, Nice aunty

Cons: Not quite easy to locate

Return to Port Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Heaven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1717 times since Nov 2012.