Vegan Glory

• Vegan
Contact 323-653-4900

8393 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, California, USA, 90048

Vegan Thai food restaurant near the Beverly Center. Provides a menu of Thai dishes using vegetables, tofu, and soy based meat-substitutes. Also makes casual American are like wraps, veggie burgers, and salads. Lunch special deals. Quick service, casual setting.

Category: Vegan, American, Thai, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by xtfrclqn

MSG? - Edit

This place is awesome if you're specifically looking for a vegetarian Thai food spot. In fact the curry is so yummy and addictive you have to wonder if they're adding MSG. I asked them if they did but they said no. How am I really to know the truth though? I would rather ere on the side of caution and go to this place for emergency meals until I know someone who can tell me what's really going on in that kitchen : ). If you're less skeptical than me you should definitely go -it's super yummy tasting stuff!

Great Vegan Place right by the Beverly Center - Edit

When you first arrive, the sign looks like the 'V' and the 'O' fell off, but later you realize that the 'V' is two wheat strands and the 'O' is a tomato. The relatively small, but modern space is welcoming and comfortable with toasty brown paint, faux muslin shades, and a mint green accent wall. The bar (turned service counter top) in front of the kitchen is situated in such a way that when I entered I thought that they would take my order first and then sit down. So, if you go, sit down, they'll come to you.

Following one friend's recommendation, I ordered the Basil Leaves Lunch Special with Soy Pepper Steak, but they offer eight different types of "protein" that you can switch out, so you can have the same lunch combination 8 different ways. This wide of a range of meat substitutes is the most expansive I think I've ever seen at a vegan place. This friend was actually already eating this dish when we arrived, so I knew it had to be good since he comes at least once a week to this restaurant.

The Lunch Specials came with Tom Yum Soup, spring roll, salad, and steamed brown rice. This item is marked spicy and they mean it. Basil leaves is a misnomer for how hot and spicy it was. Also, they list it as a "spring roll", but I consider them egg rolls since they're deep fried, which is what I prefer. My other friend ordered the Pad Thai Lunch Special with Soy Chicken which was good, but a little dry.

I enjoyed this place and will probably visit again the next time I'm at the Beverly Center.

Veg Out,

Veggie Army
www.VeggieArmy.com

Great Vegan Thai - Edit

An all vegan Thai place. Looks like nothing special but the food is amazing. We had the Pad Thai, yellow curry, and the Kale-Cashew Salad and they were all very good. The Kale salad was especially good cannot recommend it highly enough. Very friendly staff too.
Parking can be tricky but you can usually find a spot in the surrounding side streets.

Pros: Great Selection, Tasty, Friendly Staff

Cons: Parking

Thai-riffc. - Edit

I twice went to Arayas (down the road) but they were shut and so I ended up at Vegan Glory as a contingency. I'm glad I did because they were top notch. We ended up using this place as our regular take-out during our LA holiday.

Quick service, presents clean, crazy number of options, fresh food and very flavoursome. We got "standard" dishes like pad Thai, penang curry and they were as good as any other we've tried. Tried "citrus ribs" - ended up looking nothing like ribs - but tasted awesome! The BBQ chicken salad was also a real winner. We always got take-out but the place looked very inviting for an eat-in meal too.

(Never got to Arayas LA in the end!)

Pros: Options!, Tastes great., Inexpensive

Delicious 100% Vegan Food - Edit

Vegan Glory is one of my favorite restaurants in the Los Angeles area. It's definitely one of the best for vegan Thai and casual American food around. Here's my Vegan Glory review.

The menu is extensive and features a varied range of savory dishes (see their website for menu), and I like to try something different each time. I've brought my family and friends here, and they all like it, too.

I especially like: the freshy rolls with peanut sauce, som tom papaya salad, veggie burger with lentil loaf pattie, all the curries, the Thai soups, and the lunch specials are great - each comes with a main hot dish, a fried spring roll, side salad, brown rice, and soup.

The service is very quick and friendly, and the atmosphere is relaxed and clean.

In chatting with the waitstaff, I was told that Hollywood celebrities Toby Maguire, Forest Whitaker, Lucy Liu, and Andy Dick get their vegan fix here. How cool is that!

Pros: flavorful, fast and friendly, convenient, has parking

Nice Takeout - Edit

Got a couple of take-outs since I came into town. I chose better the first time, fresh rolls and pad thai, that lasted me 2 two days. Second time was not so lucky, I ordered a cucumber salad, a quesadilla and tempura vegetables. They were out of tempura and called me right away. The quesadilla was a too small portion for its price, but I can't wait to keep trying new things on the menu!

Pros: fast service, friendly staff, good food and selection

Okay - Edit

Food was pretty good, it's consistently good and the place is vegan. Has a similar format to other vegan Thai/asian restaurants in big cities. Easy to park right outside the restaurant.

Pros: Vegan, Parking right outside

Consistent, Quick, Clean - Edit

This is one of my favorite vegan Thai places in town. The food is prepared in an open kitchen and they've always been fast getting the orders out. Both their Western and Thai dishes are consistently good. Prices are reasonable. Good smoothies and carrot cake too. Friendly staff.

Pros: Good food, Fast service, Nice space

not impressed - Edit

My omnivore friend and I ate the green curry with seitan and glory noodle with tofu. Neither had much flavor which was especially unfortunate because I was hoping to impress my friend with an all vegan meal. The service was very good and fast but those two meals really turned me off from coming back. The seitan was thin and unimpressive and the eggplant in the noodle were too firm and angular for my tastes.

Pros: great service, nice atmosphere, combo meals come with tasty soup and salad

Cons: food is bland

Favorite Thai place - Edit

This is our favorite vegan Thai American restaurant in LA. We used to live within walking distance and the same waitress always recognized us and chatted with us. Everyone is very friendly though. The place is bright and clean. Everything we've had is good. I love that I can get a BBQ chicken salad or tacos and then Pad Woon Zen. Mix it up! The orange chicken, P.E.T. and praram's place are frequent orders as well. We try to get at least one different dish each time that we don't usually get. The wraps are great to-go when you need to bring something vegan with you. We like the cowboy and chicken ones. And the Thai Iced Tea is awesome. They have two types of soy milk. One is sweeter than the other. We try to come back whenever we are in the neighborhood again.

Pros: best vegan thai restaurant, lots of other options, friendly staff

Delicious, Fast, Reliable Food - Edit

Vegan glory is a easy 'go-to' place when I want GOOD thai vegetarian food. The location is convenient (next to all the shops near Bev Center) and the food is always consistently good. I like the spring rolls and curries. This is a must go if you are into veg thai food!

Pros: clean, convenient location, low prices

Cons: parking lot gets full

Great Selection,Great Value,Tasty Food - Edit

After seraching for another restaurant and not really liking the area it was in we came upon Vegan Glory and what a great find it was.
The service was very prompt and friendly and the menu is very extensive
We had the dinner special which comprises rice,spring roll,salad and soup of the day as well as a main course.
I had the Pad Thai which was very good and the serving was large enough that I saved enough of it for breakfast the next morning.
My husband had the Red Curry with Soy Chicken which they spiced up even more for him and he thoroughly enjoyed the meal.
The price was very reasonable and the service was fast and friendly - a definite to visit again when in Los Angeles

Pros: Large menu selection, reasonably priced, very obliging staff

Good food and prices - Edit

This place rocks! The food is totally delish. When I'm in the mood for a veggie burger with french fries that's what I get. When I'm in the food for spicy Thai food then that's what I get. The glory noodles are spicy and yummy. The waiters are really great, and the service is super fast -- in fact, this is by far the fastest service restaurant I eat at. Recommended.

Big menu with a lot of options - Edit

I had the cowboy wrap, which is not very cowboyish, but good. Also did the Tempura. It was enough for two people that was for sure! I'm scared of the vegan shrimp! But over all a nice place, would eat there again and try some more things. I don't think I ordered anything special and had the feeling there were better menu items.

YUMMY! YUMMY!! YUMMY!!! - Edit

Wow!! Friends brought me here one time and I had not tried Thai food before. Well, it certainly won't be my last!! :)

This place rocks... DELICIOUS food, great service, nice location.

I went with two friends and we all shared the following dishes: stir fry chow mein, red curry with brown rice, Thai soup and fresh rolls. What a treat!!!

This place is a must-eat-at!!! Your tummy will thank you for it!!!

Pros: The food is great!!, The service is outstanding!!, The location is wonderful!!

VEGAN GLORY CATERED OUR WEDDING - Edit

We discovered Vegan Glory in West Hollywood in 2009 when staying nearby. On every trip to LA, we eat at Vegan Glory. We were so impressed that when my wife & I got married in Dec. 2010, we paid them to bring their delicious Thai food to the banquet hall in Glendale. Although we were the only vegans there, all the meat eaters liked the food we selected from the menu. We purposely ordered extra food so they could fill the take-home containers we purchased for the event. One suggestion on catered selections...don't order soup, as it won't go as well and what is left over will spill in the trunk on those LA hills, unless you have it in a soup pot.

Pros: Great food, generous portions

Cons: very small parking lot, Valet=$4.50 --$2.00 dinner credit=$2.50+

Vegan Glory Rocks! - Edit

I went to Vegan Glory on my recent visit to L.A. and fell in love with the food. It's by far the best vegan place I have eaten at in some time. The food was amazing and the customer service was ideal.
It didn't take too long for our food to be prepared; it was just the perfect amount of wait time. It was an extremely lovely visit.
My only complaint about it was the 3 dollar charge to park inside the plaza. I thought that was a little unnecessary; it may give you a dollar off your meal, but since you're already paying to be there, why add the extra charge?
Besides that, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Vegan Glory, have recommended it to friends, and look forward to eating there again soon.

Pros: awesome customer service, good volume, superb food

Cons: charged parking

LOVE this place. So yummy... - Edit

I love this place. It's nothing fancy or overdone. Just simple good vegan food. =) Love the tacos and the lentil loaf. It's simple and good. Not overdone. 'm lucky they don't deliver all the way to my house or I would be in some serious trouble! =)

Pros: quaint and friendly, good simple foods, good value

Pretty Darn Good! - Edit

Pretty good food, friendly service, amazing vegan corn ice cream for dessert. Ambiance leaves something to be desired, but for these prices, I'm certainly not complaining!!

Pros: good food, good quality, great prices

Cons: ambiance, can get really full!

Yummy Thai! - Edit

We went to vegan glory yesterday and were suitably impressed. I've certainly had better vegan thai, but I've also had much worse, so this place settled nicely in between. Interesting varied menu made it worth the trip. We really enjoyed the rice paper fresh rolls with a black bean sauce, and our two mains were good too, though neither had me gasping for more. I liked the pumpkin tofu and the soba noodles though neither of their fake meats was as good as some I've had before. Very friendly staff when I was there, contrary to some of the comments from others.

Pros: Friendly staff, varied menu, fair pricing

It was ok. - Edit

The name of this place would suggest it is beyond Epic.

My meal was ok. I had the Green Curry (good spice level), Spring roll & Soup (mixed vegetable). Considering how much I paid for my meal I didn't walk away disappointed but in my last days in LA I doubt I'll return, I'm a big fan of Thai food and this place wasn't bad it was just nothing impressive.

Note: My girlfriends meal came out 5 mintues before mine and I had to send it back as I requested white rice and got brown. This didn't bother me at all but I have noticed that service is a big deal in the US.

ok food - Edit

i used to go here all the time just because i worked a few blocks away. If i wanted a hot meal and didnt want to spend a ton of money at RFD I would go here. I don't recommend going here unless you have to. The food isnt horrible at all... every dish just tastes the same. You'll probably get yelled at by one of the employees and quite honestly i question if the menu is fully vegan. They claim they are but i doubt that some dishes are vegan.

Pros: fast, inexpensive, wide selection

Cons: can't confirm everythings vegan, all food tastes the same, employee attitude

Great!! - Edit

This was the first vegan restaurant I ever visited before becoming vegan, so I guess you could say it contributed to my decision to go all the way. With so many thai vegan places in LA it's difficult to visit them all, but this one definitely is among the best.

Good... - Edit

Apparently famous people go here, as I saw one during a visit [a few years back]. Im not too keen on Vegan Chinese food, but I will say this place is good. I had the Chinese Broccoli with Seitan; it was good but would also try something else if I go there again.

Decent Thai food - Edit

Vegan Glory is a nice little joint, though the food didn't blow me away as far as Thai cuisine is concerned (and I've lived in Thailand, along with my OCD which has taken me to at least 100 Thai restaurants in the US).

The "chicken" satay appetizer was excellent, with richly textured chicken and a wonderful peanut dipping sauce on the side. This was the highlight of the meal and my friend and I both loved it. My pepper steak basil stir fry was decent, but nothing special. It didn't have the array of flavors that Thai basil stir frys are supposed to have (sweet, salty, crispy and soft). The pepper steak itself was just hydrated tvp and nothing fancy (admittedly, the dish tasted better the next day, after the leftovers got a chance to marinate). My friend's green curry was too heavy on one unidentifiable seasoning, which corrupted the curry taste.

Also, both of our dishes were a tad too spicy, though we weren't even asked about spice level when we ordered (note: I grew up eating Indian food, so I know spice, and if a dish is spicy for me, it'll be spicy for 99.9% of the world).

Otherwise the service was fast and friendly. Prices and portion sizes are good.

Pros: Service, Portion sizes, Chicken satay appetizer

Cons: Decent, but not excellent food

Really good, excellent prices - Edit

Its been a month or two since I ate there but the food was very good. Service was quick. I enjoyed a glass of wine with my meal and had a Thai themed dish with mint. I am not big on the mock meats so I had tofu.
Small place but very clean and bright. They seemed to have a few regulars that stopped in. All in all I would highly recommend and plan to return soon.

Pros: Great food, Clean and bright

Lives Up to the Reviews - Edit

This restaurant does not disappoint. Shockingly satisfying fried chicken nuggets in orange sauce stood out on our first visit. The papaya salad is also perfect: crunchy, sweet, tart, and spicy. I also heartily recommend the pumpkin, eggplant, tofu dish: a great texture and flavor combination in a light, gently spicy, savory sauce. So far, in fact, I've loved every dish. Plus, the vibe is very friendly. This is a special place.

Pros: delicious food, varied menu, sweet atmosphere

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Glory closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9087 times since Aug 2007.