Vegan Donut-Gelato

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan

16618 Clay Rd, Ste 125 (at Hwy 6), Houston, Texas, USA, 77084

Vegan bakery offering a variety of donuts, other baked goods and gelato. Also has vegan kolaches, egg rolls, and fried rice in addition to selling green teas and more. Open Wed-Fri 6:00am-1:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-2:00pm.

Categories: Bakery

First Review by Vegangoods

LAMeouw

Points +20

22 Aug 2020

Yum!

Love this place. Great flavors of donuts and kolaches. You can also order frozen faux meats to take home.

RebeccaPresley

Points +25

02 Aug 2020

Amazing donuts

This donut shop is right around the corner from where I’m working right now, and getting their donuts before work is the only reason I’m able to make it through the day. The employees are very friendly, the donuts and egg rolls are great! I haven’t tried the kolaches yet. I love that I know anything I order will be vegan.

Pros: Great food, Kind employees, Everything is vegan

CamMachele

27 Jul 2020

Great Doughnuts

My mom picked these up for me and we both agreed they taste like Shipley’s. They are the best vegan doughnuts I’ve ever had and probably one of the best doughnuts period. The kolaches were also pretty good, I liked the tofurkey and jalapeño.

AshlieeLopez

Points +230

02 Apr 2020

Best Donuts!

There are so many flavors to try here, of which have all been great. My favorite has been the different cream filled donuts. The kolaches are good as well. I’m not of fan of jalapeños so I just pick them out and the flavor is still great. Also they have other vegan items on the counters, in the fridge, and vegan meats you can purchase.

Cassietig

Points +29

23 Feb 2020

Fantastic donuts!

Since this is an all vegan place, I don’t have to worry about cross-contamination of food. I usually buy the jalapeño cheese sausage (hot dog) kolache, blueberry donuts, cream filled, and jelly filled and it always tastes great and just like the regular donuts. They have Asian style spicy vegan jerky and tastes just like the real thing but without the pork. If I ever get a chance to try their Vietnamese coffee, they use non-dairy condensed milk. Owners are very nice.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Sell coffee with non-dairy creamer

SaraSmith

Points +227

15 Feb 2020

I’ll try gelato next time

Almost drove right past this place! Donuts were fresh and the texture was really good. They weren’t as sweet as I was expecting. Could be a little more flavorful, but still a delicious donut. Also got some kolaches, my first. I’m not sure what they’re supposed to be like but these were basically like hotdogs with closed buns. Decent if you enjoy hotdogs but not for me.

JessicaW

Points +60

02 Feb 2020

So delicious!

I love this place and try to hit it up whenever I’m in town.

Pros: Everything is amazing

MizzB

Points +2757

26 Jan 2020

Delicious vegan donuts

Cozy vegan donut shop on Houston's west side. Everything freshly made, rotating flavors of donuts & toppings, cake, glazed, filled, fritters, with savory kolaches in various flavors. Smooth, creamy, melt in your mouth gelato in various flavors. The apple fritter was one of the best I've ever eaten; apple chunks in a light dough seasoned with apple pie spices, with just the right amount of glaze. Really good egg rolls; delicious hot, & good cold - good airplane food. Highly recommend the falafel kolache, well seasoned with a little bit of crunch in light, moist kolache dough. Fried rice was just ok. Various teas, coffees, some bottled drinks. Convenient location in strip center with lots of free parking right outside. Clean unisex bathroom. Very friendly helpful personnel.

Pros: 100% vegan donut shop, Freshly made, very affordable prices, Friendly helpful personnel

Cons: Hour drive from my home, No gluten free donuts

karianncurlee

18 Jan 2020

Everything is amazing!

Everything is amazing! Love this place! We will definitely be a frequent visitor!

gracyn.rayne

Points +222

10 Nov 2019

Amazing cake donuts

I tried their cake donuts at vegandale and needless to say I will be making the drive to get more! They were SO delicious! I recommend the blueberry and strawberry cake donuts but I’m sure there all good.

Pros: Delicious

nicblane95

Points +63

28 Oct 2019

Exactly like you remember!

If the bacon didn’t look clearly vegan, I would’ve been certain this place was messing with me. The donuts taste exactly like they always had from neighborhood donut shops and every kolache (there are like 6 different kinds) has jalapeños and cheese (which let’s be real was the best way to have them anyways😜)

Pros: Clean shop, Low price, Tons of options

Cons: Church next door was loud, Limited seating

greatisbecky

Points +24

30 Sep 2019

Oh HECK YES

So good so good so good so good I love donuts and kolaches yeah yeah yeah! This place is by my parents' house, so I'm always jealous of my vegan dad. Their food is exactly what you want when you're craving Sunday morning donuts and coffee. My favorite is the blueberry old fashioned cake donut and my dad's is the maple glazed. It's so fun to try them all!

Pros: VEGAN KOLACHES

Avatar emilygrizz

emilygrizz

Points +81

29 Aug 2019

Obsessed with this place

I come here every time I’m in town and I’m always amazed at how delicious and fresh everything is. The staff is really friendly too. It’s so nice to have breakfast options in the my area. Worth the price!!!

Pros: All vegan, High quality ingredients, Hot and fresh

laurenraesmith16

Points +13

Vegetarian
27 Jul 2019

Best donuts I’ve ever had- vegan or non-vegan. Legit stop.

This was my first experience in any fully vegan eatery and I was surprised how much it felt like a normal donut shop- everything was clean, pretty, delicious, the staff was friendly and I made a sustainable breakfast choice. Definitely doing that again.

Pros: Delicious, Quick, Delicious

Cons: None, None, Kind of sketchy neighborhood

ZacharyForcher

Points +42

25 Jul 2019

Worth the drive!

Donuts were great as were the kolaches! Drove 30mins from Sugar Land and wasn't disappointed. Finally some vegan donuts, Ive been waiting so long!

Pros: Delicious food, All vegan, Fair price

Cons: Old Chinese restaurants vibe is odd

thesweptunder

Points +44

22 Jul 2019

Best donuts in Houston

I can’t speak for the gelato or fried rice, but these are the best vegan donuts that I’ve found in Houston.

XandraKovar

Points +20

11 Jul 2019

Obsessed!

I absolutely adore this shop. Great donuts, the spring rolls are so dang tasty, and the KOLACHES! Very friendly staff as well.

As a Vegan & Native Houstonian, seeing a Shipley’s would always make me a little sad. But let me tell you that their recipe is closer to my memory of Shipley’s than any other donut shop (vegan or not) I’ve tried!

I loved the Green Tea and Taro donut, and the Blueberry Cake is great! So many fun flavors of donuts and kolaches.

Pros: Delicious, Kind Staff, Wide Variety

Cons: A little secluded, Small location so they only make so many

justfearless

Points +40

08 Jul 2019

Best Doughnuts I Have Ever Had

I have had a lot of vegan treats and desserts, but when it came to vegan doughnuts I couldn’t find any worthwhile until now. The owners are so nice and the doughnuts were Amazing! I wanted to buy kolaches but they were sold out. I will go earlier next time!!!

Some People have commented that the price seems high but high quality vegan products are not exactly cheap either. It is the crap food products that are super cheap and bad for us. It is still a good value to me and I am happy to support a small business.

Pros: Multiple Flavors and types, Delicious taste , Great customer service

Cons: They don’t work with UberEats, DoorDash, etc, Only open until 3pm so go early!

AngellaTzouvani

Points +36

02 May 2019

BEST DOUGHNUTS EVER

These doughnuts were like eating a krispy kremes doughnut but better because no cruelty and they aren't overly sweet!

Pros: Amazing vegan doughnuts , Reasonable price , Amazing service

Cons: No Cons

o0andy0o

Points +85

26 Apr 2019

Hands down the best vegan donuts/kolaches in Houston!

Vegan Donut & Gelato is a lovely spot. I highly recommend getting their vegan kolaches! They’re all delicious and their donuts are splendid. Don’t skip out on this wonderful locally-owned vegan stop.

Pros: Everything is vegan, Local Asian family owned , Tons of donuts to choose from

Schulte

Points +57

26 Mar 2019

Heaven on earth

Vegan donut-gelato is a humble little slice of vegan heaven right here in houston. The workers are kind, the food is great, and they open just as early as any other donut shop. My favorite thing to do is to get here just after opening and secure a box of fresh glazed donuts. I can guarantee that these will satisfy any craving you may have.

Pros: vegan donuts

DJMikeHarvey

24 Mar 2019

Donuts from Heaven!!! Best donuts on Earth!!!

Donuts from Heaven!!! Best donuts on the planet!!!!
That’s all that needs to be said… and they’re beautiful people!!!

Pros: Everything Is Great

Cons: Sometimes they sell out of everything

Guest

tricia515

Points +49

18 Feb 2019

Breakfast options!!

Cute and cozy spot to get your donuts!! They have so many options!! A great source of drinks to go with! Super friendly!! They have gelato as well! A must stop by if you're in the area!!

Pros: Great options!! Not just one! Priced fairly.

talanis70

Points +28

09 Feb 2019

First visit

Very friendly and welcoming service, nice atmosphere. Donuts and Kolaches were delicious! I will have to come back again and try the gelato.

Melinabox

17 Jan 2019

Great food and friendly service.

I love this place. The pleasure of donuts with out the guilt. Food was great and the people were so nice.

Pros: Vegan icecream!

RavenDiaz

Points +23

30 Dec 2018

Great donuts!

Donuts are delicious, I went for Kolaches today but they were out but that is ok, it means they are selling a lot. This place just opened up and they were full on a cold and rainy Sunday. Will try tomorrow for the Kolaches since they open everyday from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Pros: Great donuts!, Friendly Korean family runned place, You can sit there on the tables and eat.

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Donut-Gelato closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.