Vegan Cuban Cuisine

• ( 21 reviews )

9640 SW 72nd St, Miami, Florida, USA

Cafe serving vegan Cuban food. Started as a delivery service and opened here in Sep 2020. Open Tue-Thu 9:00am-7:00pm, Fri-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Delivery, Take-out, Cuban

First Review by hrn126

ShanteGill

Points +24

13 Nov 2021

Surprisingly Authentic Tasting

I was missing some good Cuban food like the many amazing bakeries in Miami. However, most of them are not vegan-friendly. This vegan Cuban food was the perfect replacement for my craving a medianoche. Is it exactly like it’s meat and dairy laden counterpart? No. I wouldn’t want it to be anyway. But it is so absolutely delicious anyway, along with the sauces, fried yuca and cafe con leche I got.

OrlandoBeardedVegan

Points +1412

04 Nov 2021

Authentic, Flavorful and Fresh

I was pleasantly surprised with my experience here. The restaurant is nested in a quiet shopping center with a walk up window and a few outside tables this gave me a traditional order window vibes and was better suited to eat togo.

The menu was full of traditional items and have a wide variety of options. Staff was friendly and offered suggestions when I wasn’t sure what to order.

The food came out quickly and this is where I was blown away. Portion size, presentation and most importantly flavor! All three were great! That had traditional flavors and everything seems fresh. Overall really enjoyed!

seatownboy13

Points +2231

04 Nov 2021

Exactly What I Needed

Can’t leave Miami without getting Cuban food. I’m happy this place exists. The food was very tasty. I walked up to the window and ordered everything our hearts desired. Papa Rellena, beef empanada, ham and cheese empanada, ham croquetas, tortilla española, and Cuban toast. The croquetas are great and I would highly suggest you just straight up order a box of them. Lol! But no seriously, they’re that good. The empanadas were also great tasting and were cooked to protection.

I will definitely miss this place when I leave.

Updated from previous review on 2021-11-04

kombuchakitty

Points +311

17 Oct 2021

A vegan taste of Miami

I am so happy I decided to stop by Vegan Cuban Cuisine today. Their restaurant really allows you to enjoy a vegan version of the staple food Miami has to offer everywhere, but never a vegan option… the cheese in the cheese empanadas was incredible and the ham croquettes taste like the real thing! Their medianoche sandwich was also incredible. I really regret not trying the deserts, but they have plenty on the menu!

Pros: All vegan, Authentic flavor, Large menu

nicolethebouss

Points +22

11 Sep 2021

Amazing!

Best Cuban food ever! Best place if you miss Cuban food after going vegan/vegetarian! My omni family had it with me and they all loved it.

Pros: Completely vegan Cuban place!!

Cons: Closes pretty early (7pm)

PBZD

Points +280

19 Aug 2021

Good Cuban Comfort

Tried the Papa Rellena, Croqueta Platter, Chorizo Spaghetti w/ garlic bread, Flan, and Cubano Sandwhich w/ plantain chips. After some reflection, this is more of a 4.5 star review. None of the flavors exhibited in these dishes was all that complex or unique (which is just fine). The chickpea and ham croquetas were tasty but indistinguishable. The papa rellena was also tasty and simple. The Vegan Cubano lived up to its name but could’ve been filled more. The plaintain chips with sauce were pretty standard. I would’ve preferred a different side. Lastly the Chorizo Spaghetti was good but nothing out of this world. I’m not a big fan of vegan cheeses (which it had plenty of), but certainly could have had more chorizo sauce and less spaghetti noodles (common thing with baked spaghettis). I like my garlic bread crunchy and soft. The bread served was very crunchy and hard all the way through (still tasty). Ive never had non vegan flan before, but their version was my favorite dish all.

Pros: A takeout place with outdoor seating available, Tasty vegan Cuban comfort food, Extensive All Vegan Menu

Cons: Mains could be portioned better, Uncomfortable Seating

aensenat

Points +135

06 Aug 2021

Fricken amazing. Definitely a must have in Miami.

I loved this place. As an American Cuban I really like they have options for us who agree friends to the animals.

chick58

Points +103

31 Jul 2021

Accommodating to those without smart phones

I was happy that this was near public transportation. It was worth the trip. I'd never had vegan Cuban food. I had chorizo spaghetti, plantain chips and guava bread pudding, which I enjoyed in outdoor dining. Since I had no smart phone, the staff provided the menu on a tablet, so I could place my order orally.

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-31

Pros: Delicious food, Close to public transportation, Outdoor dining

Cons: in the suburbs about 1 1/2 hr from relatives

JanylM

Points +13

25 Jul 2021

Delicious

A little pricey but worth it. I’ve tried almost everything I’ve tried almost everything on their menu.

Pros: Flavorful , Awesome customer service. Always polite 😍

Cons: Pricey

samvictores

Points +135

09 Jun 2021

AMAZING

as someone who is cuban, trust me, this place is amazing! it can be very hard to eat the foods of my culture without making it myself, so this was amazing to have! the timba bars, flan, and ham croquetas were just phenomenal!!

TheGottulas

Points +344

04 Jun 2021

Great Cuban Food! Come hungry.

We arrived after a long day on the water and had a hard time deciding what to try, so we got a little bit of everything! Cubano sandwich, imperial rice, and a pulled jackfruit bowl with yucca. We loved the imperial rice - hands down the most delicious rice we've ever had - and the pulled jackfruit bowl was good too. The Cubano is a classic, but it couldn't complete with the other two dishes. We had so much food we took it for leftovers and it all reheated nicely. Definitely give this place a try!

Updated from previous review on 2021-06-04

Updated from previous review on 2021-06-04

Pros: Easy parking, helpful staff, quick service

jennyfrolova7

Points +21

27 May 2021

Wowzers

What an awesome place! The food is soooo delicious. We had the Cuban sandwich (obviously) and the imperial rice - wow! A must try! The gal working there helped so much with all my questions. Wish we lived down here to have this food regularly.

Pros: Delicious , Friendly employees , Easy parking

yasmin1818

Points +570

27 Apr 2021

Love!

Love the imperial rice! And the plantains. I can’t wait to try the croquettas!

spacetag

Points +348

22 Mar 2021

Authentic Cuban flavors

Wow! We had the Cuban Sandwich and Croquettas. Both were amazing and tasted completely authentic. Fast service and very filling food.

Pros: Cuban sandwich and ham croquettas were great

Cons: Limited outdoor seating, No indoor seating

SynthVegan

Points +8443

01 Mar 2021

Vegan Cuban Cuisine

I drove all the way to this restaurant from Miami Beach to get a proper taste of vegan Cuban food and left disappointed. I had the Vegan Cubano Sandwich, Media Noche Sandwich, and the Ham Croqueta. Everything tasted the same and was very bland / tasted like nothing except the sauce that came with the croqueta. I had high hopes for this place, but it was disappointing experience.

VladimirJanvier

Points +16

19 Feb 2021

Great place!

Amazing food and friendly people! Great service!

Tsoimilk

Points +102

03 Feb 2021

Must try!!

Ordered from here twice now. Food is classic Cuban foods made vegan and is delicious.

I have liked everything I tried:
croquetas 3/5 (texture is too smooth for me, kinda paste like but good flavor)
potato ball 5/5
Cubano sandwich 5/5
"beef" empanada 4/5
imperial rice 4/5 (for personal preference)
(side) boiled yuca 5/5
arroz con leche 6/5 (perfect sweetness and amount of cinnamon)

I'm sure the rest of it is just as good. They are also very quick with making the food and giving filling portion sizes. I think they are a smidge pricey, but still standard for the area and good quality ingredients. So I am willing to pay the price happily.
I would highly recommend trying this place is you are from out of the town and want to try authentic Cuban flavors.

Updated from previous review on 2021-02-03

Pros: Really good portion sizes, Quick service, Authentic Cuban flavors

angie1981

Points +34

11 Jan 2021

A M A Z I N G !

I went to have breakfast here on Saturday 1/9 and it was my first time visiting. I ordered the ham and cheese croissant and it was super delicious. It was buttery and flaky and just perfect. I also had their empanada, croqueta and pastelito made out of guava and cheese. Their cilantro sauce is so good and flavorful. I will definitely be returning.

Pros: Everything

ZahinaPorto

Points +197

28 Oct 2020

My fav place so far

I don’t know how to describe this place . I am Cuban . And I am always missing Cuban food. This place has it all and VEGAN!!!! Everything tastes amazing . I am little by little trying all and I have loved it .

Pros: Amazing vegan Cuban food , Clean , A lot of options

Freebirdme

Points +44

Mostly Veg
03 Oct 2020

Amazing Vegan Food

The best vegan food in town. I’ve had almost everything on their menu and it doesn’t disappoint. The croquettes are nothing like the real ones but the taste is amazing. Their sandwiches are my favorite.

Pros: Good tasting cuban vegan food , Lots of options , Fairly priced

Cons: The dessert she

hrn126

Points +334

18 Feb 2020

I LovE

this place is amazing!! at the UM and coconut grove farmers market every week and the food is so flipping good

Return to Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Cuban Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.