Vegan City Fast Food

Contact +420-607987516

Husitska 45, Praha 3, Prague, Czech Republic, 13000

A la carte menu, vegan burgers, as well as a vegan buffet where you pay for food by weight. Owner is inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Mon-Fri 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Asian

First Review by Leasy-lou

Easily the worst - Edit

This place in Prague 5 is easily the worst place I have ever eaten. We had the buffet (we were hungry, it was the only place to eat) and I would never go there again! The food had obviously been sitting around a long time, it was very greasy and the flavour combinations were... odd, to say the least. Tofu in jelly-style dill sauce is certainly not a dish I'll be looking to recreate at home, put it that way.

Whilst we were eating our food, a tall imposing man appeared from the back and went over to the TV, where he turned the channel onto a DVD of Supreme Master Ching Hai. He stood there with his finger on the button staring around the gathered diners threateningly, for the entirety of the rest of our meal. We ate our terrible food quickly and then left. I would not go to this place again and definitely wouldn't recommend it to others.

For clarity, I would like to leave a one-star review but this isn't allowed on Happy Cow for purely vegan businesses. Nevertheless, one star is what this place deserves.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Terrible food , Strange atmosphere

Not full vegan restaurant - Edit

Difficult to communicate in english. She did'nt understand much.
There is also meat on the menu, so not full vegan restaurant..
The food was okay, for a fast meal after a long day on the road.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, They do not know what gluten and wheat intolerance, Not so good for people With allergies

Cons: Medium

Very greasy! - Edit

Vegan city was down the road from where we were staying, it was 8:30pm and after a day of travelling all I wanted was a fast meal I knew was vegan friendly. The restaurant closes at 9, the buffet (which had most probably been sat there all day) wasn't very visually appealing but I went for it anyway. The buffet is done by weight and is reasonably priced. I got a take-away box, the food was just warm, edging on cold and everything was so greasy, I couldn't finish. The spring roll had like tofu scramble in which wasn't very nice, and the potato wedges where hard and cold. It's a shame as I wanted to enjoy this place but sadly had a bad experience, my advice is to maybe go earlier in the day and order of the menu and not have the buffet. Staff where nice and spoke relatively good English.

Pros: Fast., Reasonably priced.

Cons: Very oily., Edging on cold.

Won't go back - Edit

When we saw the reviews of Vegan City Fast Food, we thought it would be a nice place to visit. But it turned out to be a disaster.. The place looked very sober and cheerless. But we gave it a try anyway. We both ordered the vegan burger and springrolls. The springrolls tasted very gross. The burgers were the worst.. they had a lot of weird tasting sauce on it. It was like the burger came just out of the microwave. Even the red onion on it was burned, it was black. The fries were very oily and the mayonnaise had no taste. Everything was bad. I'm not someone who will complain about food very quick because I love food and eat almost everything, but after a few bites I knew I should stop eating the food. I felt very rude because we paid and left whilst we ate just a few bites but I just couldn't eat it, the food was just horrible.
The service could also be better, the girl who worked here looked a bit grumpy and wasn't willing to help us.
That night me and my friend's stomach hurt a lot.. The next days we had the worst diarrhea..
Not a nice experience. I didn't like this place but maybe it is good for Czech people because they could have a different taste and are used to lots of oil... I don't know. But I certainly wouldn't recommend this place when you visit Prague!

Pros: cheap

Cons: bad food, bad service, too fat

Not vegan anymore! - Edit

Went there today to get some takeout. It's still called "Vegan City Fast Food" but the website isn't working anymore and their Facebook page hasn't been updated for several months. I suspect a change of ownership.

WARNING: One of the fried pieces definitely was (real) fish (with skin and bones) and we're 95% sure that the spring rolls contained egg.

I want to give it a 0 rating, but Happy Cow says the minimum is 2 cows.

Cons: Not vegan anymore

Love it! - Edit

This place was close to my hostel and I went here most days. Food was delicious and cheap! You can put it on your plate yourself so it is easy to get as much as you like.

There is lots of choice and everything I tried was tasy. The woman working there was friendly.

when I was there it was 22 crowns for 100 gram and for about 4 euro I had a huge plate of food

Pros: Cheap, delicious

So tasty! - Edit

We dropped in on this place to eat quickly, as we had a little time, and we did'nt expect anything special from the atmosphere and cuisine. But it turned out to be a surprise: delicious food and excellent service. The menu and the buffet contain a lot of options suited to every fancy. There we tasted rare fruit drinks and appetizing hotplates.
The stuff is very friendly. Keep up the good work.

pho always makes me happy - Edit

It was close to my hostel and I was afraid it would be closed all weekend, but I was happy to find it open on a sunday night. I love the fact that it's vegan, and I am always happy to find vegan places in eastern Europe. The menu had a nice variety, naturally when there is vegan pho to be had on a cold lazy day, vegan pho must be had. It was a lovely portion good deal, could be a bit spicier, service was fast, I wished they served alcoholic beer, or wine... but all round a nice decent meal.

Pros: Pho, good portion, well priced

Cons: not very long opening hours, food could be upped one notch

great, filling, cheap, easy - Edit

I went here quite a lot while living close by. It's easy to get tired of after a few rounds since there isn't much variation, but it's a solid, tasty place. A bit out of the center, but in a neighborhood that is well-worth exploring. Note that while you can get food in the early evening, things tend to run out after seven, so don't count on having the buffet full if you get there at 8:30. Very convenient for a visit to Vitkov park and not too far from the tower.

Pros: cheap, filling, friendly

Cons: lack of variety, buffet often runs out early

An inexpensive fab dinner! - Edit

This place is not fancy and is pretty much off city center, however. .. it is SO worth the walk/travel by public transportation. If you're in Prague and looking for a cheap, authentic Asian meal - you gotta go there! The menu on its own is mouthwatering. great flavors, great prices and large portions. we ordered from the menu because we knew how tempting it is, but the buffet looked pretty cool, too. friendly service!

Pros: completely vegan, inexpensive, flavorful

Cons: No A/C, off city center cash only

yummy :) - Edit

Went to Vegan City last night for dinner as I arrived in Prague in the early evening and needed some good food quickly as I was starving. It didn't disappoint: the usual Loving Hut style food (which I love) that cost me around a fiver. I chose the buffet aspect and the lady behind the counter, though didn't speak any English, was really lovely and pointed out dishes she thought I might like to try. The deep fried cauliflower was soooo good. Be warned its cash only though, I was running around trying to find a cash machine for a while!! Closed on Sunday's too.

Yummy and cheap!!! - Edit

Small place with cheap decor but nice staff and most importantly - very tasty food at affordable prices. Really long menu, I had something called Beijing Speciality (if I remember correctly) which was seitan "chicken" served with rice and sauce with veggies. The portion was huuuge and it tasted excellent! A friend of mine had something else and also liked a lot. They also had a buffet which is cheap but we didn't try it. I'll surely go back there when next time in Prague.

Pros: tasty food, big portions, good prices

Small, but really good - Edit

Small place situated in Zizkov, not very fancy or stylish, but you will get good food for reasonable price. Opened till 21:00/20:00 on Saturday. Got there some soap, burger and veg shrimps and it were very tasty.

Pros: tasty food, location(for tourist outside centre)

Cons: small, location (for tourist in town centre)

billion things on the menu - Edit

Small place located in a hard to find area (if you're a tourist, of course).
They have so many items on the menu that is really hard to choose what to eat. But it tasted kind of normal, not something to write home about. Inexpensive.

Best vegan chicken in Prague - Edit

Although this restaurant is situated in the bad neighbourhood (lot of cars, ruined or empty buildings etc.), do not let it to discourage you from the visit! The cuisine is vietnamese style similar to Loving Hut chain, but they have lot of original dishes. I strongly recommend "vegan chicken" in the gravy with onions, carrot and courgette and rice. Wraps and burgers are also very good! Tap water is for free.

Pros: Excellent food, Cheap, Friendly staff

Cons: unpleasant neighbourhood, small

Don't Let The Name Discourage You - Edit

Being put off by the thought of, "fast-food," we only tried this place because it was close to where we were staying. But apart from the cheap-and-cheerful diner-style decor, it turned out to be a real gem. The waiter was friendly and efficient, and even though we arrived only shortly before closing time did not rush us at all, and the menu is very comprehensive, with a large selection of options from different cuisines as well as a buffet (and a small shop section). It was great to be somewhere fully vegan and not have to ask about ingredients etc, though it's just good to be aware that there are many fake-meat dishes, so it's not the best choice if you're not a fan of these, nor if you are looking for somewhere that serves alcohol. But the wantons and curries were filling and tasty, portion sizes were good, and the prices good value; overall I would return.

Pros: Price, Portion sizes, Completely vegan

Cons: Location, Dominance of fake meat

Tasty and cheap - Edit

Went on a Friday night and wish I'd gone back Saturday since they're closed Sundays. Food was tasty and really inexpensive. Pho and Kung Pao dishes were large portions and the mock meat (seitan or soy, not sure) was really good. Fresh rolls and wantons also delicious. Interior isn't incredibly attractive (I deplore fluorescent lighting in any circumstance, but especially while dining), but it was clean enough and the waitress was sweet and spoke English. Regret not going back again on Saturday as it was better than Loving Hut.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Good portions and take-out option

Cons: Fluorescent lighting

best - Edit

despite strange interior, it is my favourite vegan "resturant" in prague - very tasty, cheap and very long menu.
All of my "non-vegetarian" that tried this one, were also very satified.

Pros: long menu, big portions, prices, staff

Cheap and Cheerful - Edit

This restaurant as the name suggests is not five star dining but if like me you are into mock meat at a cheap price then this place is for you.

I ate here most days I was in Prague and each day the food was delicious. I would highly recommend to others esp back packers from the nearby hostels.

Good, but a bit strange - Edit

For me it was a strange restaurant mainly because it contained so much fake, like fake beef, fake seafood, fake fish, fake pork, it scared me. I found a section that contained tofu and thats okey, thats something I know what it is. So, I orderd this dish called: Rice with mixed thai vegetables, mushroom and deepfried tofu. It was the only dish on the menu that actually contained vegetables. It came out and the only veggie there was pak choi. Otherwise it was deep fried tofu, mushroom, sauce, white rice and pak choi. It was a disapointment.

The dish was really good though, it contained pepper so I was afraid it would taste too much but actually it was more ginger in it than pepper. It was a good dish!

The restauarant overall did'nt serve any alocohol, this scare some people off but cheer some people up. They had a good range of juices, teas and alocohol free beer but not really any dessert I wanted to eat.

The price was nice, but the first days in a easteuropean country all the prices are nice. That is just something you will have to decide by yourself :)

If you ever go to Prague, this is one of the three vegan restaurants thats there and I actually advice you to stop by. The food was good, abit strange overall, but really good. I hope you enjoy it!

Pros: price, taste

Cons: veggies, meatsubstitutes (I think it's scary)

Avoid the buffet !! - Edit

Ok I've been there 2 days in a row, first time I've took the buffet, I was expecting a good meal because of the good review and stuff... But everything had no flavor, it was horrible...

Today I've been and took something from the menu because the reviews were all about stuff in the menu and not the buffet. It was delicious. I cant understand why their buffet is awful like that and that their food from the menu was awful...

Pros: Delicious, nice staff, english speaking

Cons: avoir the buffet

My favourite - Edit

Living in Prague, I visit this restaurant whenever I'm in the neighbourhood. No matter if you are in a mood for a burger, meat substitute with very authentic taste or veggies with tofu, you won't have trouble finding something you'll like. Prices are really affordable and portions more than generous. I recommend especially the Barbecue Bun dish with rice noodles and peanut sauce and the Tuna Spaghetti. Don't forget to try their desserts, they are great too.

Pros: price, variety, coziness and friendly staff

Vegan-Heaven! - Edit

This restaurant or Bistro is heaven for all vegans, especially those who have a limited access to either vegan restaurants or groceries where they live, such as myself. I was overwhelmed by the amount of different dishes and categories that I went back five times during my one-week stay in Prague to be able to taste as many of the dishes as possible. They are tasty, savoury and spices can be added for the trained pallet. The staff is extremely helpful and actually took the time to teach me how to make one of their dishes! They make their own tofu which leaves you with a unique experience (and a fresh juicy tofu!). The atmosphere is casual and relaxed and the guests seem to be pleased with that. I will definately return to Prague simply to visit this reastaurant again.

Pros: Large selection of dishes, Fresh, authentic ingredients, Friendly and helpful staff

Cons: Easy to miss if you don't know about it

Vegan seafood! Yummy! - Edit

I was very hungry in the evening and went there half an hour before the restaurant wanted to close. But the staff was not annoyed and still very friendly and cooperative! They have a really wide range of great food! It was very varied and yummy! I chose the seafod and was very pleased.
The only disadvantage is that the restaurant is far away from the center of Prague. It is not easy to get there if you don't like walking :-)!

Pros: great range of great food, nice staff, inexpensive

Cons: far away from the center of the city

Delicious - Edit

I had lunch here recently and it was great. There was large menu of mainly Asian influenced foods. Ordered the Thai Noodles & was impressed (the tofu was done really well!), the only problem being the amount of oil used in the dish, which you started to feel towards the end. It was really cheap; 89ck, and there were cheaper items on the menu e.g. veggie burger for 49ck. Looking forward to going back and trying more :)

Pros: Cheap, Yummy, Asian-influenced

Cons: A little oily

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan City Fast Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9678 times since Mar 2011.