Vegan Bunker

Contact 66148620

Fresia 529, esquina Tegualda Barrio Italia, Santiago, Chile,

Vegan restaurant and coffee shop, opened Oct 2012 at previous location Av. Blanco Encalada 2479 and moved to this larger and brighter space in 2014. Offers a menu-of-the-day plus vegan fast food like pizza, veggie burgers, as well as raw options and various baked goods and vegan cakes.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, Chilean

First Review by theveganbastard

Great place - Edit

Loved the space, first thing, with much light and very comfortable and nice, and the food was super tasty.
I'm happy I was taken there by a chilean friend, and I understand quite well the place has become an unofficial HQ of the Santiago vegan community.

Pros: Nice space, Great choice, Tasty food

Cons: Not so big portions

okish - Edit

Supposedly the new location is an improvement, and the atmosphere is pretty nice. Unfortunately I was not really impressed with the burger I had (deep fried bean mash-ish), which was except for the guacamole too dry, and from the first vegan restaurant in Chile I would have expected food made with more experience. And with more love.
After my burger I didn't feel like trying the cakes. Which is a first for me.

On a final note I must say that I don't mind getting up and getting my own cutlery, but that it helps more with a canteen feeling than that of a restaurant. A feeling which is enhanced by the food.

yum! - Edit

Fill your vegan soul, and belly, with this neighborhood gem. Located in a residential area that isn't too far from the tourist scene. This delicious stop will fill you up on the cheap. Part self-serve, part sit-down restaurant; the service is good, but it's not full service. Expect to get your own salad and silverware. Animal rights messages are artfully placed around the restaurant, with a chalkboard to add your own. The food was tasty and filling. Plus they had an assortment of vegan desserts! Absolutely worth the trip!

Bueno - Edit

Pretty good vegan junk food in a place that looks a bit like a cross between a children's nursery and a DIY art gallery. Which is a good thing in my book. Worth a visit if you're in Santiago.

Pros: Friendly , Lots of stuff to look at on the walls, Inexpensive

Vegan bunker of deliciousness! - Edit

We travelled to santiago 4 years ago and there were hardly any vegan much less vegetarian options. My how things have changed! We ordered the completo Italiano which was good but the sandwich that had tofu wrapped in nori and then fried like tempura was excellent. Deserts were divine. Best tasting flan cheesecake I've ever had. Creamy caramelly Nom Nom deliciousness. Crust was delicious white cake. Additionally the decor was bright sunny and had cute animal characters everywhere.

Pros: Deserts!!! , Vegan versions of Chilean food , Inexpensive specials

Great Vegan Food - Edit

I've eaten here many times and I always enjoy what they offer. Their new restaurant is bigger and the atmosphere is very nice. Their "menu of the day" at lunch is a reasonable price, interesting, and tasty. Also, I never leave without some kind of dessert; they're excellent.

Pros: Great Price, Lots of variety, Large selection of desserts

Cons: Limited Parking, Only accepts cash, Closed on Mondays

inexpensive - Edit

For reasons of job I ate there almost every day. But let go because in the site serves an elderly lady with very bad bad mood. It is noted that no education and he needs to go to the psychologist because how often mistreated staff working is not a normal person. As far as I can strictly culinary say the food is very ralación to correct what they charge for it. If the place is vegan 100% i have my doubts. When asked for a coffee and I noticed that I served him a jar marked "Nescafe". unforgivable! If your idea of ​​eating is fill your stomach for little money this is your place, but if you want something more than carbohydrates, you must looking for a better place.

the best place in Santiago - Edit

I went this place last year and it was one of the most beautiful vegan restaurants that I visit in southamerica, its a small place, with a really warm atmosphere, Bakery and snacks are they best things, meals and the lunch are ok... also you can order a cake from the to take out, for a really good price

Pros: cheap, easy to find

Cons: far from metro, opening time

Return to Santiago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Bunker closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3490 times since Oct 2012.