First Review by CheshireCat

Decent vegan lunch menu - Edit

When we got there, they had a pea soup and some kind of smoked tofu, beans stew with rice and salad. The meal was made fresh and we had to wait a few minutes, but it was worth it. It was actually quite good and filling.

Full review on http://www.elephantasticvegan.com/vegan-bratislava-slovakia/

Pros: Cheap, Good food, No long wait

Cons: Old plates

Nice atmosphere, tasty food! - Edit

Nice small place to eat vegan meals in the city centre. Quiet atmosphere in small bistro with few seats. Every day one different meal: soup+main dish, always tasty. Desserts are awesome. Go and try!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 12, 2015

Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 12, 2015

Pros: tasty food, good location, friendly stuff

Cons: small bistro

Interesting and Different - Edit

Small and very cosy place with friendly staff. Dishes are interesting, different and always fresh. Not everyday the meal is good, but if you are lucky you can try some great stuff there. The best are deserts, haven’t try anything bad so far. I definitely would recommend it to people who like meatless food.

Pros: Deserts, Friendly staff, Fresh food

Cons: Small, Old cutlery

simple and to the point - Edit

Only a few seats in the place so had to takeaway but I was staying around the corner so no issue.

No menu and it was simply the one dish available to everyone with the choice of homemade bread roll or cookie as extra.

Full meal (soup, bread roll, salad, main meal) was €6.50 so very reasonable.

Pros: quick service, good value

Cons: one option, bland taste - nothing special, limited seating

Slightly disappointing - Edit

Likable small bar, centrally located. Every day they offer an inexpensive menu (soup and main dish) which you get practically right away without waiting, unless the place is crowded which doesn't to be uncommon at lunchtime.
I had something like a farinaceous barley broth and after that some meat substitute (maybe seitan, but I'm not sure) in sauce. Both dishes were fair, that's the best I can say about them. The soup was a little stale in my opinion and the the taste of the sauce afterwards was pretty much as stale as the soup; I can't even tell what was in it.
However, the food was arranged kinda classy way you would expect more in a restaurant than in a bar. That's a small consolation.
Maybe they had only a bad day when I was there, but next time I wouldn't expect more than canteen-class-food.

Pros: no waiting time, nice interior, friendly staff

Cons: tastes like canteen food

Amazing Food and Amazing people - Edit

As a non vegan and vegetarian I was so surprised at how much I truly enjoyed this food! Everything is super tasty, fresh and of course healthy!
Me and my boyfriend stayed with Lucia and Peter and enjoyed their fantastic cooking! If we ever return to Bratislava we will definitely eat at the Vegan Bar! Trust me it's amazing, you won't be disappointed!

My favorit place - Edit

It's small, a bit grunge and i did hesitate to enter the first time ...
But the team is friendly (english speaking) and you can feel that they really love what they do. Not a big choice : one menu everyday.
It's always remind me the movie "soul kitchen", a small independent place where you eat some amazing food in a alternative atmosphere ...
Vegan people in Bratislava but not only spread the word very fast and it's begin to be usual to see some queue in front of the place on lunch time, but quality can make you waiting for few minutes :D

Pros: The food, The team

Cons: The choice (maybe)

Best take away Vegan Food of the area - Edit

Small and tiny place located very close from J&T Tower, Eurovea and VUB Tower with a new single menu everyday to avoid routine!! Fresh products cook daily. I am eating there almost every day but what I prefer is to pick up the food and their splendid dessert before to enjoy it in front of the Danube sitting on the grass !!! Just great taste and fresh air to make a break with the office job!!
And if you feel lazy on the evening which happen to me regularly, then I just take a take away soup or dessert for the evening at home!!
Just check it :)

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent food, Fresh vegan products

A must-visit! - Edit

It is probably the tiniest restaurant I've ever been to, but that does not affect in any way the quality of food and service. They have a special meal which is different every day and sometimes prepare even traditional central-European cuisine in all-vegan version!
Usually packed around lunchtime, stays open until 6pm and the staff is happy to whip up something to eat for you if you look for gluten-free options, if their meal of the day is sold out or even if you happen to get there 15 minutes before closing :)
And another great thing, everyone speaks English well. Definitely one of the hidden gems in Bratislava, worth visiting for every vegan!

Pros: delicious, all-vegan food, centrally located, bus stop nearby, friendly staff

Return to Bratislava Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4781 times since Sep 2013.