Vegafe - Totoriu g.

Contact 65977411

Totoriu g. 3, Vilnius, Lithuania, LT-01121

Its 2nd branch in Vilnius, opened Jan 2013. In the same building as restaurant Botanique. From Monday to Friday it offers 3 dishes of the day with vegan versions available - ask. Follows Ayurvedic principles. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Western, Juice bar, Asian, Fusion

First Review by Baldwin471

Great vegetarian café - Edit

Vilnius has several places where a vegan can eat and this is one of them - lovely bright modern interior, great food following principles of ayurvedic food preparation (no meat, fish, eggs, margarine, stock cubes, mushrooms, yeast, taste enhancers, animal-based gelatine, garlic and onions).

Pros: Tasty filling lunches

Scandi Chic - Edit

I was in Vilnius for a conference and came here with three fellow delegates, one of whom does not eat meat. The interior is freshly decorated in a Scandinavian/Mid-Century modern style; it looked immaculately clean. There was a great range of options and I couldn't quite believe the prices; it's very cheap. I opted for the légume 'meatballs' in a pepper sauce with rice (€6), accompanied by a Curiosity cocktail (€3). The cocktails are all non -alcoholic; mine contained apple, celery and lime and was very refreshing. Don't be put off by the word 'meatballs'; they were entirely vegetarian and very tasty, as was the sauce, but I did miss the onion and garlic, which this place doesn't use. I was slightly surprised by the white rice and would have preferred wholegrain. Don't be misled by the prices; the mains are substantial dishes. My non-veggie colleagues seemed very happy with their meals. In short, this is a wee gem in the heart of the Old Town.

Pros: Great choice, Good value, Pleasant décor

Delicious and creative food! - Edit

We ate there twice (three times if you count the other location in Augustijonu g.) in the two days we were in Vilnius: really fresh ingredients are creatively combined to delicious meals. My absolute favourite were the Quesadillas and the dumplings with pea filling in an incredibly delicious and smooth broth.

The staff is really friendly: we arrived pretty late and basically minutes before the kitchen was suppesed to close; but instead of hurrying us or looking annoyed, the friendly waitress simply came over, explained the menu, and helped us with our choice to speed things up and ensure that we still could get food).

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-27

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Creatively combined dishes, Friendly staff

Cons: Place is not too cozy (was in fact a bit cold)

Pleasant and refined - Edit

We had a very good vegan meal. Home made juice and limonade. Dumpling and baji with nice little sauces. 17 euros for a light meal for two. Big bright space, a little cold but friendly. English menu available. Felt like a good spot but not exceptional.

Good choice of food - Edit

A very busy restaurant near the main shopping street. They have a good vegan range at reasonable prices, food tastes good.

Pros: Good vegan choices, Friendly staff, Delicious food

Cons: Can get very busy, Feels a bit like a chain

VeGafe - tastiest veg(etari)an place in Vilnius. - Edit

Definitely the best and tastiest place in Vilnius. No friends whom I brought here were disappointed. They have really big and various menus, so even not vegetarians like it.
It's vegetarian place and kind of Ayurvedic kitchen, so they also use milk and pannier cheese, (no eggs) but also have quite a lot of vegan meals or at least the ones that you can veganize.
P.S. You won't get alcohol there.

Thursday July 24, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday February 01, 2015

Pros: excellent food and big choice, Good portions & good value, centrally located

Cons: Ventilation/smell is a problem there., tended to use milk for calves

Mixed Feelings - Edit

Many vegan options. I had some fried veggie balls with rice and salad. It was really enjoyable. Unfortunately, I didn't have opportunity to try more dishes, but it was partly because of the staff. The waitress brought somosas fried in butter after long questioning for vegan options and then tried to lie they were vegan, but thankfully decided to tell the truth afterall.

Pros: Nice environment, tasty food.

Cons: Don't trust the staff, ask a lot.

One of the best vegetarian meals I've had anywhere - Edit

I randomly stumbled across this place while on a whirlwind visit to Vilnius, and wasn't disappointed. Good atmosphere, excellent food, quick, respectful and responsive service. Makes me sad I don't live in Vilnius so I could eat here more often! I had the blue lassi and the cheese and potato spring rolls and both were terrific. Good variety on the menu as well.

Wish there were more vegan options - Edit

This is a really nice place, I frequent it when I'm in Vilnius.

Good, fairly large menu, fair prices.

The vegan Kibinai is amazing, but they always seem to only have one or two left. They never make enough and it's quite disappointing, as that is one of few vegan choices.

There are other things that would be vegan, but they cook in animal butter instead of vegetable oil for some reason. Like the Indian samosas, which I absolutely loved when I was vegetarian, but can no longer eat since going vegan. Little things like this they could change and it would be much vegan friendly and attract more people.

Location is excellent, just off the main thoroughfare of Vilnius old town, Gedimino Prospektas.

Service is hit or miss. Sometimes very friendly and approachable, other times the opposite. Luck of the drawer, I suppose.

I'd recommend (Other than the kibinai) - Roasted flatbread, Basmati rice and the Sunrise smoothie.

Looking forward to eating here again.

Pros: Good food, Great location, A couple of Vegan options

Cons: Vegan options very limited, Fairly costly

Marija Jure I guess You should give another try. Now they have quite a lot vegan options or at least you can veganize big part of their dishes: vegan "meatballs" / dumplings with green peas filling (my fav) / Momo dumplings / Gnocchi / eggplants in tomato souse (with paneer cheese, just you ask without) / Falafels / Baghi "meatballs" and actually much more. Just of course, you should demand for vegan options because with some of these dishes they serve sour cream, butter, etc. But me being vegan I don't have any problems to get vegan food there.
The minus is that they are Ayurvedic kitchen and they believe that milk will bring peace and love to your mind and soul (owner told me this not once).

Return to Vilnius Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegafe - Totoriu g. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3103 times since Jun 2013.