Vegafe - Augustijonu Str.

Contact +370-65977072

Augustijonu Str. 2 (at near junction with Saviclaus Str., Old Town), Vilnius, Lithuania, LT-01127

Offers daily specials with one vegan meal, marked, alongside other vegan options. Range juices and smoothies. A large portion of the menu items are Asian inspired (Indian and Chinese). Has English menu. Will pack your order for take-away. Pasties and cakes for sale at the counter. Rustic setting with an alternative and upmarket feel. Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Fusion

First Review by jollypig

Delicious healthy food in a peaceful environment - Edit

We came here after the Vegafe in Totoriu g. completely convinced us and we wanted to enjoy their great food in yet another environment. The food is real great: fresh ingredients are creatively combined to delicious meals. My absolute favourite were the Quesadillas and the dumplings with pea filling in an incredibly delicious and smooth broth. They also have a nice variety of smoothies.
Very beautiful location that is apparently a yoga ashram as well; we sat in a small but very nice and peacefully quiet patio.

Pros: Fresh ingredients, Delicious and creative combinations, Nice and peaceful place

Great Vegan Restaurant in Vilnius - Edit

Very nice atmosphere in Vegafe (we didn't go to the other location so I wouldn't know how they compare). We really enjoyed our meals. It isn't purely vegan but there are a lot of options. Vegan options are listed.

We tried the Vegan "kibins" stuffed pie which isn't made with ghee butter like the others, the Flax Salad (very good!!), Tibetan "momo" (dumplings) and Vegan Legume "Meatballs". Very well-presented and good prices. We were here before they switched to the Euro so it could be more expensive, possibly.

Very good restaurant in a nice neighbourhood!

Pros: Great taste, Location

Amazing food and good service - Edit

I absolutely loved my experience at Vegafe. I was sitting at their outside patio, enjoying the warm weather. It was very quiet and relaxing there. The cafe wasn't very busy, however it was a working day at 2 pm.
The waiter was very very helpful and she spoke English fluently. I ordered the eggplant trio, which was fenomenal, and my mom ordered Tibetian momo duplings, which were very good too.

Pros: Good and quick service, Delicious food, Great atmosphere

Good vegan/Veg Choice - Edit

The decor in Vegafe is excellent and the atmosphere is very relaxing.
I choice a smoothie, a small paneer pie as a starter and some vanilla pancakes for the main. The starter was lovely,but I was left slightly disappointed with the main...seemed to be lacking something.
Nonetheless this appears a real solid choice for veg/vegan food in Vilnius...may have just had an off day. Similarly I can see this being an awesome place to spend a few hours reading away or relaxing.

Pros: Choice, Location

Cons: Slightly Disapointed with Food

Great price and choice - Edit

There are two branches of this restaurant in Vilnius- this is the smaller one near the town hall square which has a 'shoes off' policy but there is another larger branch near the cathedral. Lots of choice here and vegan options are clearly marked. Very well priced and portions are huge.

Great, relaxing environment - Edit

Vegafe is very small, so for lunch it is best to go before 12, otherwise they might be full, in which case one can go to the other Vegafe location which is much bigger, but doesn't have as relaxing a feeling. Before sitting down, I thought it was the kind of environment where communal seating would be ok, but once I sat down, I realized it was an actual, relaxing restaurant and to share a table with strangers, however nice they might be, would distract from the relaxing feeling. The really nice thing about the restaurant is that although they become full, there is never any rush anyone, and actually I would have preferred a little that they could be a bit quicker with giving me my check. The food seems to be very slow food, so one should be prepared to spend at least an hour if you go for lunch.

I ate here twice and both times got the lunch special. The pasta was good and I could tell it was made with love; however, pasta is something that can be easily found at many restaurants, and perhaps I would have preferred something that is a little more difficult to find elsewhere. The second time, I had stuffed cabbage rolls. I was happy to be able to try a vegetarian traditional Lithuanian dish, although cabbage is not one of my favorite foods. It would be great if they would offer traditional Lithuanian food more often in their lunch specials. Very good lemonade.

The lunch menu is a decent price, but the a la carte menu is a bit expensive.

Pros: relaxing environment

Cons: a la carte menu is a bit expensive

Good food but a bit pricey - Edit

The food was great, the atmosphere was relaxed (almost too quiet) but I found the food a bit pricey.

However, the banana nut bread was some of the best I've had in my whole life.

Pros: All-veg, Friendly

Cons: Prices too high

Good food, great atmophere - Edit

very nice interior, we sat in the garden outside. fantastic food, not expensive but coming in small portions. we were satisfied but not completely full. I would recommend this to eerybody, and hope at the same time, they will have more vegan options and that the portions are bigger :-) oh, and it is easy to find! unfortunately, among all the smoothies i happened to order the least good - it really was not good!! celery and spinach juice - who thought it up? :-)))

Pros: delicious, cheap, nice place

Cons: small portions

Wonderful place! - Edit

Vegafe is an oasis in the centre of Vilnius and a must to visit! The food (cooked on ayurvedic principles) is great. Try the momos! They have several vegan options and a huge selection of juices, smoothies and lassis.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Excellent food

Superb. Love it! - Edit

I went to most of the veggie restaurants in Vilnius, but this was the best by a mile. The setting is quite rustic, but alternative at the same time. I saw hippy types and business people feeling equally comfortable.

The food is superb. At first glance it looks like a huge menu, but that's because all of the daily specials are listed. That day's special is marked in pencil and there are a few other options too (included v tasty falafel). The smoothies and lassis are fresh and delicious. I ate here a few times and was impressed with everything.

A pet hate of mine about some veggie places is that they go for 'healthy' food. I eat healthy at home, but when I eat out I want a treat and this place delivers. You can get alcohol and some fantastic cake.

If was to be really critical I'd say that they need more staff to cope with its popularity (it was rammed at 3pm on a Tuesday when I went) and it also ran out of the special one time.

If you're a veggie in Vilnius, this is the place to be.

Pros: Food is fantastic, Smoothies and lassies, Take away samosas

Cons: Need more staff

Return to Vilnius Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegafe - Augustijonu Str. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3075 times since Dec 2011.