Vega Food

Contact +39-0668192847

Via di Monte Giordano 1, Rome, Italy, 00186

A vegetarian restaurant with Indian specialites. Also has a juice and smoothie bar. Has many vegan options. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Italian, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by EricDawg

fab food. - Edit

Well worth the effort of tracking it down- delicious food , fritters, bhargi, home fresh made chipati, soup, even vegan chocolate sponge cake too 😁
See it reviewed on location in 'Vegan on Wheels ' YouTube channel- day 33. no idea what the above reviewer meant by unprofessional - maybe because they were a young staff. Really helpful and spoke good English.

Pros: tasty Indian food

Cons: hard to find.

Tasty food but small portions - Edit

This is a tiny place located in the backstreets of Rome. The menu was quite limited and it wasn't clear what was vegan. However, the staff helpfully explained that all but one of the options were vegan. I ordered the malai kofti which is actually vegan despite stating cottage cheese on the menu. To drink I had a fresh apple, mint and ginger juice. The food was very tasty but the portion was very small. The bill came to €13 but I left hungry, feeling like I hadn't eaten. If I were to have this option again I would order rice and vegetables as well. Overall whilst the food and juice were delicious the portion was too small. Because of this I am unlikely to return.

pretty good food but nothing amazing - Edit

The food tasted good, even though both me and my girlfriend thought that the kitchen was light-handed on the salt. The flavor is there but it is very shy, nothing bold like Indian food normally is (or at least from what I have experienced in the past). If you are looking for a quick lunch or a dinner on the go, it's probably the right place to eat at. But if you are looking for a cosy Roman atmosphere in the beautiful old city, you will be disappointed. The place is small, crowded and uncomfortable. The personal is very nice but certainly not professional, they don't work like in a professional restaurant, it feels more amateur. Nothing bad, but good to know this before you choose the place you want to eat at according to your mood.

I am still quite happy with my dinner there but I wouldn't return to this place during my trip in Rome.

Pros: pretty good food, nice personal

Cons: small, not really cosy, a little pricey , needs more salt!!!!!!!!

lovely little Indian restaurant - Edit

It is pretty small and slightly challenging to find, but worth hunting down. Staff were friendly and food freshly prepared for us. I'm guessing it was Ayvendic (there was no onion or garlic in the food) but it was surprisingly tasty. We had a coconut and potato based curry and a rice one. Portions weren't huge, but there were also side dishes. They also do take away, everything is on disposable plates and it's a tiny spot - good food, but its a refuelling stop rather than a romantic dinner.

Pros: Nice food , Friendly staff

Cons: Only a few tables

Nunca demasiadas especias - Edit

Fui con una persona no vegetariana y le resultó muy picante.
Yo probé cinco visitas diferentes y me gustó todo. Una me encantó. Lo recomiendo, sobre todo, si te quieres llevar la comida para comer de camino a alguna parte.

Pros: Vegano.

Cons: No cobran con tarjeta. Es algo caro para la cantid

Best vegetarian food in the area - Edit

I have lived in this area for quite sometime and kept promising myself I'd go eat at this rather small but charming restaurant. Well, I finally did and fell in love with it. The food is fantastic, the freshness of the ingredients unique, and the chef/owner a kind and capable chef who prepares succulent vegetarian dishes complete with nutritious soups and ajurvedic teas. It's my new find and it will be my favorite for a long time!

Pros: Tasteful dishes, Kind chef/owner, Inexpensive

Cons: A bit dark during the day, not too many choices, Not sure what else

Amazing! - Edit

We went here twice, the food was amazing and the staff super friendly! Good price for the amount you get, very satisfying dishes. The seating area is small and the atmosphere is not fancy, but this isn't bothersome at all. Would recommend to everyone!

Good little place, best suited for lunch - Edit

Firstly I am not so sure about the "accept credit cards" info here. When I was there some other guest quite obviously came back with fresh cash from the ATM.

This is a small place near Piazza Navona, somewhat hidden in an alley. It seats 14 people on bar stools around a few tables. The owner speaks english, one of the first things he said when I came in was "Are you vegan?" and then he pointed out the only two non-vegan (but vegetarian) items on the menu. The yogurt sauce I had with the appetizer was vegan. The food was good; it is more of a lunch or take-out place, they serve everything on paper plates with plastic utensils.

Certainly would recommend for lunch if you're in the area, dinner can be done, just don't expect anything fancy.

Pros: Convenient location, Nice staff, Affordable

Vegan Indian food in Rome - Edit

Located between Piazza Navona and the river, Hubby and I found this place while trying to find a church in the rain. We received a very hospitable welcome despite our wet and bedraggled appearance.

Most dishes are vegan, made with organic ingredients and have a beautiful fragrant aroma, so unlike the typical vegan food available in Rome (spaghetti with tomato sauce, bruschetta, pizza, green salad). The restaurant is super clean and caters for dine-in and take-away customers. We had delicious samosas followed by a gentle curry with chapati, but there is a range of dishes including soup and cake (vegetarian). Even the lassis can be made with soy yoghurt. There are soft drinks, beers and teas available, too. It was inexpensive and excellent quality. An added advantage is that the owner, who comes from Kolcata, speaks english.

Eating at Vegan Food was very much worthwhile and is highly recommended.

Pros: Good food, Hospitable staff, Inexpensive

Cons: Hard to find, Disposable plates and cutlery

Grazie - Edit

I arrived here with the "I'm so happy too find you" sentence, and so did the people who came after me. It is not easy to be vegan visitor in Roma. Except 2 dishes everything is vegan here. I have never seen cleaner kitchen in my life.... If you want to eat the nice Indian street food real authentic way, don't hesitate to ask the lovely owner... he will add additional spices.... It is a nice place, nice staff and nice food...

Excellent food and atmposphere! Close to Castle. - Edit

When you get tired of pasta and pizza, take a nice stroll through the back streets of Rome to Vega Food. It's fairly close to Castle San Angelo. The walk was kind of fun. People eating al fresco at other restaurants. The place is small but very clean, well decorated, and stocked full of great organic drinks and beer.

We had the best lentil soup there that I've ever had, and I've had a LOT. The owner/chef spoke good English and prepared an excellent meal for us. Everything on the menu except for 2 things was vegan! The samosas were very light and flakey (not greasy like many others). The dosa was very good. Very affordable as well.

Pros: Great food, Low prices, Clean and friendly environment

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vega Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.