Veg World India

+34-932107056

Calle Bruniquer 26, Barcelona, Spain, 08012

Very small and cozy Indian and continental food restaurant, advertising as "90% vegan." The menu del dia includes a salad and soup buffet, and for the second course a choice of the day's entree or a thali plate, plus a dessert. Open Tue-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm, Tue-Sun 8:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by eg0001

So many choices - Edit

The food was good but not over the top, the real treat is being able to chose anything from the menu. Also not too expensive!

Pros: Almost everything can be made vegan!

Yummy - Edit

So good that even non vegetarian people won't miss the meat

Good food, good prices - Edit

Indian vegetarian restaurant with many vegan options (vegan is almost 90%).
Good foods, also like tapas. Amazing lemon rice and mixed starter.
Good prices.
The photos on the walls are beautiful and also the furnishings, including the carved counter and the many statues of various Indian deities scattered everywhere!
Particular very nice is that when they bring the bill also carry a decorated metal box with inside many digestive mixed seeds!
As digestive here we also got a delicious green tea with fresh mint leaves.

Come to Veg World - Edit

Only for the naan with vegan cheese you should visit this place.

It's probably one the few "safe Indian restaurants" in Barcelona as most of them will cook with ghee and consider the dish vegan. You won't have this issue in Veg World.

The are some truly amazing vegan dishes. I can totally recommend this restaurant!

Pros: Many vegan options, Naan + vegan cheese!

best vegan north indian I've had in a while - Edit

As an Indian (and vegan) I was sceptical going to an indian restaurant in Barcelona but my wife and I had a great meal here! The ambience and setting is quite authentic and comfortable - the manager and service was great. He told us they could make pretty much everything vegan. Had vegan cheese naan, palak kofta curry (coconut cream gravy), jalfrezi and tandoori kabab. The food was consistently good and they even served us vegan cake on the house. will definitely go back if we visit Barcelona. If you're vegan and like Indian food, you will love this place

Pros: Vegan options for 90% of north indian dishesgreat

Cons: small restaurant so you may have to wait if it&#39

Perfect! - Edit

Being of Indian descent I have eaten a lot of Indian food in my life. Veg World is one of the best Indian restaurants I have been to. My husband and I are vegan and when we told the manager he told us they could make us vegan cheese naan! We also ordered the vegetable jalfrezi, spinach korma and veg kebab. Everything was so delicious and not greasy. We also had a lovely vegan cake for dessert. Veg World is the best Indian restaurant I've been to in terms of catering to vegans, especially for creamy north Indian food. Either make a reservation or go early, I saw quite a few groups were turned away. I think some people mentioned it wasn't as spicy as food in India, I'm sure if you ask they will make it spicier otherwise they have some chilli sauces you can add to make it spicier :) Service was also excellent and the decor is lovely.

Amazing! - Edit

It's a hard call, but I'd say this is the best Indian restaurant I've ever been to! Between us we had mixed starters, a dosa, spinach kofta, paneer tikka masala, another paneer dish, aloo nan and lemon rice. Plus a mango ice cream that they brought in error and gave us on the house - we'd thought we were full till we tasted the ice cream :) I'm not given to hyperbole, but everything was amazing, even the pickles were unusual and extra-tasty. Service a bit slow as a large group arrived soon after us, but it was well worth the wait.

Great Food - Edit

Being a fan of Indian food, this place was a treasure. The food is super tasty. We had the lunch menu and I enjoyed it very much. Will go back again for sure.

Great Indian Food - Edit

We had a great experience at this restaurant. The food was delicious and not too greasy as usually happens in Indian restaurants. Plenty of vegan options. Great service. I would highly recommend this place if you are visiting Barcelona.

Best Indian Food In Spain - Edit

Usually struggle to find a top curry in Spain but this is the best Indian food I've managed to find having lived here for years.

Pros: Authentic, Friendly service

Five star dinner - Edit

If you are vegan/vegetarian and love Indian food, this is the place.I go to have dinner each time I'm near.

Pros: food / price, ambience, location

Cons: none

Almost entirely vegan Indian restaurant - Edit

We tried this restaurant after having found it randomly by walking and, then, having seen one of their ad in the subway. The place is nice with an obvious Indian spirit. They claim to offer 90% of vegan food in their menu since they do not use ghee, which is really great! It's nice to find a traditional Indian restaurant that is mostly vegan.

We chose samossas and bhajis as a starter, both were good even if not as spicy as in India, such as our main dishes that lacked a little spice. It was not stricly like in India but very good and mostly vegan!

In terms of price and portion, we find this restaurant a little bit overpriced in comparison to other restaurants in Barcelona and for the relatively small portions we had for that price.

Pros: good Indian food without ghee!, mostly vegan, nice atmosphere

Cons: relatively expensive, not as spicy as in India

Best food of our trip! - Edit

Amazing service. Everyone was very polite and friendly. We explained we were vegan and were offered the choice of a vegan cheese naan bread! We ordered a mushroom masala , channa masala and a vegan tandoori kebab. Everything was so tasty. Could not recommend this place more!

Pros: Tasty, Huge variety, Cosy atmosphere

Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Great, vegan Indian. - Edit

Had a flavourful meal with my wife and 2 children. 2 starters plus 4 mains plus rice and 2 naan plus 2 h2o = €40. This was our best meal in Barcelona. They do not serve alcohol, if that matters to you.

Nice! - Edit

This place is awesome. It is in a walking distance from the Guell Park through a different part of the city. They have so many options that it is hard to choose among them all. I ordered rice with something like "vegetable kebab" that came smoked in sticks. I also ordered the samosa and it was amazing. Go to this place!

Pros: Samosa, big menu

Great vegetarian experience - Edit

Lovely place, great atmosphere, amazing meal. My first Indian vegetarian experience. I went there in the evening and we ordered an option that was served in courses. I made the mistake of not finishing the first course before the waiter took it away and before I figured out how it worked. The food was so tasty, not spicy at all. Would definitely recommend Veg World India and go back!

Pros: Delicious food, Great atmosphere, Very pleasant experience

Cons: Pricey, Water I ordered came in a plastic bottle

Good energy :) - Edit

Nice place, cozy and friendly. The price was really good, with big portions! And the entree was amazing, because is a buffet with many many options, also with amazing soup :)
Really nice employees
Want to go there again, for sure :)

Pros: Price, Portions, Employees

Cons: Small place

feels like india! - Edit

excellent service, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. good value for great indian food!! it seems to be very popular and since the place is very small i'd recommend to book in advance or get there early. nice vibe and proper indian! strongly recommend!

Pros: good value, excellent food, friendly staff

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veg World India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.