Veg World India

Contact +34-932107056

Calle Bruniquer 26, Barcelona, Spain, 08012

Very small and cozy Indian and continental food restaurant, advertising as "90% vegan." The menu del dia includes a salad and soup buffet, and for the second course a choice of the day's entree or a thali plate, plus a dessert. Open Tue-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm, Tue-Sun 8:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by eg0001

best vegan north indian I've had in a while - Edit

As an Indian (and vegan) I was sceptical going to an indian restaurant in Barcelona but my wife and I had a great meal here! The ambience and setting is quite authentic and comfortable - the manager and service was great. He told us they could make pretty much everything vegan. Had vegan cheese naan, palak kofta curry (coconut cream gravy), jalfrezi and tandoori kabab. The food was consistently good and they even served us vegan cake on the house. will definitely go back if we visit Barcelona. If you're vegan and like Indian food, you will love this place

Pros: Vegan options for 90% of north indian dishesgreat

Cons: small restaurant so you may have to wait if it&#39

Perfect! - Edit

Being of Indian descent I have eaten a lot of Indian food in my life. Veg World is one of the best Indian restaurants I have been to. My husband and I are vegan and when we told the manager he told us they could make us vegan cheese naan! We also ordered the vegetable jalfrezi, spinach korma and veg kebab. Everything was so delicious and not greasy. We also had a lovely vegan cake for dessert. Veg World is the best Indian restaurant I've been to in terms of catering to vegans, especially for creamy north Indian food. Either make a reservation or go early, I saw quite a few groups were turned away. I think some people mentioned it wasn't as spicy as food in India, I'm sure if you ask they will make it spicier otherwise they have some chilli sauces you can add to make it spicier :) Service was also excellent and the decor is lovely.

Amazing! - Edit

It's a hard call, but I'd say this is the best Indian restaurant I've ever been to! Between us we had mixed starters, a dosa, spinach kofta, paneer tikka masala, another paneer dish, aloo nan and lemon rice. Plus a mango ice cream that they brought in error and gave us on the house - we'd thought we were full till we tasted the ice cream :) I'm not given to hyperbole, but everything was amazing, even the pickles were unusual and extra-tasty. Service a bit slow as a large group arrived soon after us, but it was well worth the wait.

Great Indian Food - Edit

We had a great experience at this restaurant. The food was delicious and not too greasy as usually happens in Indian restaurants. Plenty of vegan options. Great service. I would highly recommend this place if you are visiting Barcelona.

Almost entirely vegan Indian restaurant - Edit

We tried this restaurant after having found it randomly by walking and, then, having seen one of their ad in the subway. The place is nice with an obvious Indian spirit. They claim to offer 90% of vegan food in their menu since they do not use ghee, which is really great! It's nice to find a traditional Indian restaurant that is mostly vegan.

We chose samossas and bhajis as a starter, both were good even if not as spicy as in India, such as our main dishes that lacked a little spice. It was not stricly like in India but very good and mostly vegan!

In terms of price and portion, we find this restaurant a little bit overpriced in comparison to other restaurants in Barcelona and for the relatively small portions we had for that price.

Pros: good Indian food without ghee!, mostly vegan, nice atmosphere

Cons: relatively expensive, not as spicy as in India

Best food of our trip! - Edit

Amazing service. Everyone was very polite and friendly. We explained we were vegan and were offered the choice of a vegan cheese naan bread! We ordered a mushroom masala , channa masala and a vegan tandoori kebab. Everything was so tasty. Could not recommend this place more!

Pros: Tasty, Huge variety, Cosy atmosphere

Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Great, vegan Indian. - Edit

Had a flavourful meal with my wife and 2 children. 2 starters plus 4 mains plus rice and 2 naan plus 2 h2o = €40. This was our best meal in Barcelona. They do not serve alcohol, if that matters to you.

Nice! - Edit

This place is awesome. It is in a walking distance from the Guell Park through a different part of the city. They have so many options that it is hard to choose among them all. I ordered rice with something like "vegetable kebab" that came smoked in sticks. I also ordered the samosa and it was amazing. Go to this place!

Pros: Samosa, big menu

Great vegetarian experience - Edit

Lovely place, great atmosphere, amazing meal. My first Indian vegetarian experience. I went there in the evening and we ordered an option that was served in courses. I made the mistake of not finishing the first course before the waiter took it away and before I figured out how it worked. The food was so tasty, not spicy at all. Would definitely recommend Veg World India and go back!

Pros: Delicious food, Great atmosphere, Very pleasant experience

Cons: Pricey, Water I ordered came in a plastic bottle

Good energy :) - Edit

Nice place, cozy and friendly. The price was really good, with big portions! And the entree was amazing, because is a buffet with many many options, also with amazing soup :)
Really nice employees
Want to go there again, for sure :)

Pros: Price, Portions, Employees

Cons: Small place

feels like india! - Edit

excellent service, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. good value for great indian food!! it seems to be very popular and since the place is very small i'd recommend to book in advance or get there early. nice vibe and proper indian! strongly recommend!

Pros: good value, excellent food, friendly staff

Fantastic - Edit

My husband and I, who are strict vegetarians visited here after seeing it advertised on the metro. The service was excellent and friendly. The food was authentic and delicious, where the portions and variety were generous. The decor was quaint and delightful. All in all an excellent meal at an affordable price. A really lovely place.

Good vegan Indian food - Edit

Had a vegan meal for two here, I had aloo gobi, garlic naan bread and carrot cake (we asked if there were vegan desserts and this was the option we were given) and my companion had korma, potato naan bread and the carrot cake. The food was delicious, not too spicy. The restaurant was busy and most of the customers were Indian, which is always a good sign for an Indian restaurant. My only qualms were that the vegan options were not listed on the menu, we just ordered dishes that had no obvious dairy listed and asked if they were vegan, which we were assured they were. My companion had a milk drink that they made up with soya milk, so they seem to adapt things when asked. The price of a meal for two with dessert and one drink each was €25.95 which was reasonable.

Pros: Reasonable price, Good vegan options including naan bread, Prompt service

Cons: Vegan options not marked or listed, Only one vegan dessert

Great at lunch-time - Edit

Very nice little restaurant with a menu del día consisting of a varied salad buffet (which includes excellent hummus and strips of tasty tofu), a soup of the day and a hot course like indian thali. Almost everything is vegan. They serve naan bread with cheese but you can ask it only with garlic seasoning. They have also tasty desserts like different kinds of pies, ice-cream, fruits, etc.

Pros: Friendly staff, 90% vegan, Good atmosphere

Awesome place - Edit

Hi all,
Went to this place with my wife on a Spanish holiday. We loved the place, excellent food, great hospitality. Food was reasonably priced, the variety was good and was not too oily. The salads were crisp and tasty as well.
To top it all, the toilets were clean. All in all a highly recommended place.

Veg World India 90 % Vegan Indeed - Edit

This was just a short walk from the metro stop along a mostly residential street. The hanging sign greeted us as we approached and we excited to see the "90% vegan" there. It is a small narrow place, but quite cozy and well appointed. There were a lot of interesting decorations to look at as we waited for our food to arrive. There was a nice soundtrack playing low in the background as well. When we placed our order, the server asked if we wanted vegan and we happily said yes. As for the reviews that disagree with the 90% vegan claim, we were told we could have almost any non cheese item prepared vegan. We chose a aloo ghobi and aloo bombay, with garlic naan and rice. The food was amazing. Seriously amazing. And compared to other Indian places I have eaten throughout Europe, the price versus portion was better than anywhere else I can think of. The bill for two people, with appetizers, entrees and drinks came in under 30 euro.

Pros: super vegan friendly, very good food, great atmoshere

Cons: could get crowded

Cosy Indian restaurant - Edit

Veg World India is a cosy little restaurant in the Gracia area. We tried it on a Saturday evening and there was no "menú del día" or salad buffet as this is reserved for midday. We shared the mixed starters (onion baji, samosa, paneer pakora, baingan pakora...) and as main course we had the tandoori veg kebab and paneer dosa. This, together with two nan, one lime juice, one lassi, one tea and one chocolate cake cost us approximately 50 euro. All in all quite enjoyable with good food and a nice atmosphere. I do disagree though with their claim that the restaurant is 90% vegan, considering a significant number of dishes contain cheese, yoghurt or cream, including the thali and the two tasting menus.

Great Food - Friendly Service - Edit

We found Veg World accidentally and were pleasantly surprised! The place has a menu-del-dia which includes a buffet-style salad bar, quite a large main course, and dessert. The staff was very friendly and refused to charge my friend full-price for her meal because she didn't eat very much. The food was great! The salad bar included basmati rice, hummus, grilled tofu, and fresh naan was served at the table upon arrival. The main course consisted of several tasty Indian tapas of sorts, and there were several dessert options. According to the waitress/hostess, my entire meal was vegan. The place claims to be 90 percent vegan. I'll definitely be returning on my next trip to Barcelona.

Pros: large portions, friendly service, great food

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veg World India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6821 times since Aug 2007.