CLOSED: Veg Out

Contact 0121-4413802

46 Poplar Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham, England, B14 7AG

Serves veggie food made with local, seasonal ingredients. Soups, falafel, burrito, samosa, vegeburgers, and weekly seasonal specials. Child friendly. Grows herbs in its garden. Previously named The Manic Organic Cafe. REPORTED CLOSED, AUG 2016. Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-5:00pm, Fri 9:00am-10:30pm, Sat 10:00am-10:30pm, Sun 10:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Fast food, British

First Review by heywood100

Lovely Cakes, accommodating to cross contact - Edit

Vegetarian restuarant. They mostly do burgers and sandwiches with salads. I asked them to toast our vegan food separately and they were kind enough to use a baking sheet to reduce cross contamination as they use the same toasting machine for non vegan. loved their gluten free vanilla sponge cake.

Pros: Accommodating to reduce cross contamination , Delicious Vegan Sponge Cake, Cosy place

Cons: Not 100% Vegan, Serves dairy and eggs

Fantastic place - Edit

Living out of town, I visited the manic organic cafe (previous name) only once or twice, and was impressed. It has now been thoughtfully developed into a beautiful establishment. There is clearly great attention to the quality of the ingredients. Very tasty food, good warm and friendly atmosphere. It's the sort of place if I was in Brum I'd be trying to get to most weeks, very welcoming.
I went with a local friend who also wished to leave a review, his words: "Veg-out: Fantastic friendly and helpful service, reasonably priced with a good selection of tasty healthy food. Always feel better after I've eaten here!"

Lovely atmosphere - Edit

Visited Veg Out for the first time on 12 June 2014 and was very impressed with the menu and food. It has a small garden with seats for sunny days. Would definitely recommend this cafe. The evening menu sounded delicious too.

Very nice place - Edit

I haven't been to Manic Organic for quite some time now (it's a bit of a distance from my side of town), but I noticed it didn't have any reviews yet, and thought I'd try to rectify that by dredging up what I can from the depths of memory.

It's not the biggest place in the world, but consequently has quite a friendly, homely sort of feel, which is helped by the personable and helpful staff. The food is well-priced and the portion sizes good, I had a burger and was very satisfied with it. There's also a good range of teas and smoothies.

Return to Birmingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veg Out closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5635 times since Dec 2009.