Veg in a Box

520-313-4151

75 E Pennington St , Tucson, Arizona, USA, 85701

A fusion vegan food restaurant offering food that's soy-free, gluten-free, GMO-free. Beverages list features green juices, kombucha, and smoothies. Open since Jun 2014. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by DebbieMcNally

good food and fair price - Edit

I'm visiting Tucson and found these place quite randomly. The burguer was really good and they have a kombucha also!

Pros: Good food, Nice place, Fair price

My new favorite! - Edit

I've only been vegan for 3 months and I've tried to find places in town that are vegan and help me learn new foods etc. This place has amazing food. Very rich in flavor, definitely something I've come back for time and time again. Keep up the great work!

Wonderful Find - Edit

What an awesome spot, all vegan and delicious, I'm a carnivore personally and enjoy my red meats. But this food is seriously delicious and seasoned to perfection.

amazing vegan food! - Edit

Found this place while traveling and it's amazing! Very creative vegan food. Such a treat!

Super Tasty - Edit

The food was amazing and the service was great. Everyone who worked there was extremely nice.

Wonderful, delicious food! - Edit

Veg in a Box is definitely a place to stop and have a bite! They serve Vegan Fusion Food, GMO-free, Soy-free, and Gluten-free dishes. Veg Box started as a food truck serving up amazing burgers, fries, and smoothies (I'd recommend the Starburst Chia Fruit smoothie). This review is for their fixed restaurant location; however, the food truck is still appearing at locations around town, and at the Sunday Rillito Farmers Market. The restaurant has a casual atmosphere with music playing. The head chef, Erik, is not only super friendly, but is passionate about his business and his food. You don't have to be a vegan to enjoy vegan food! Erik will offer up any suggestions if you're not quite sure what to order. In a little bit of a rush? Visit http://vegboxcafe.com/menu/ to check out their menu, and call (520) 624-0179 to place a take-out order!

Delicious! - Edit

It's usually pretty hard to find good vegan food when I'm traveling but this place hit the spot!

Delicious, Satisfying, Fast & Friendly - Edit

Everything is gluten free, soy free and organic, so I was super impressed that it tasted so much like regular bread. I got the reuben with sweet chili fries for myself. My sister got a cauliflower chicken sandwich and my mom got the ZLT. We each got a Rice Krispie treat as well. Everything was sooo good, very filling, tasted amazing, and was very fairly priced. $9.50 for a meal. They also have tasty infused water! Great service too! Highly recommend :)

Great Food - Edit

We ate here as a family of 5 and everyone enjoyed their food I was with my 2 kids ages 4 & 5. One of them really enjoyed the mushroom burger, I had the beet burger and found it to be outstanding (much better than the mushroom). No, it doesn't taste like beets, I would say its a must try. My other child had the carrot dog and didn't like it, but she really enjoyed the hummus dip with veggies. My husband had a raw cauliflower dish and it was DELICIOUS! All of the raw veggies were very fresh. We all enjoyed the sweet chilli fries, another must try :)
For dessert we had a delicious cookie, rice Krispie bar and brownie. The first 2 were the best of the 3.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-21

Pros: good food, excellent quality, friendly service

Cons: interior was a little bland, watermelon juice was bland

One of my FAVORITE Restaurants - Edit

I stop in Veg in a Box whenever I am downtown (and they are open)

I have tried much of the menu, and everything is good

Its great that they are right downtown as an option for so many people

Friendly staff, great menu selection, juices, raw, they have it all

I like their brownies and rice crispy squares too !!

Pros: The location, Their menu, Taste & Flavors

Cons: parking can be a pain (sometimes) its downtown

Bomb digity - Edit

Great food, quick service, they even deliver locally and saved me at work at the local bike shop when I got super busy and couldn't pick up my food. Matt went out of his way to make sure I got my cheesy Reuben fix!

Pros: Great tasting food, all vegan!

Cons: I eat a lot! Lol

The Reuben. - Edit

Stopped in before the U of A and Washington game. The Ruben was killer. Grilled cheese was good, the sweet chili Fry's was very tasty. Highly recommended even if your not vegan

Pros: Good food, Wifi, Chess/checker board on the table

Amazing food! - Edit

We ordered the mushroom burger with fries and the Italian sandwich with fries, had to wait only a few minutes until we got our food. Great price :)

Pros: fast, cheap

Cons: dessert was "okay"

Great place. - Edit

Great place to get a great price for great food.

Pros: Price, Great food, Downtown (if that is convenient for you)

Cons: Downtown (so parking sucks), Downtown (so traffic sucks)

AMAZING, MUST TRY!! - Edit

My family loved this place we went everyday that we were in Tucson so we could keep trying more of their food. The flavors are amazing, I loved the Italian sandwich, the carrot hotdog, the Rubin and the rice crispy treat. I also tried the Pho soup, wish we could have tried everything!! The Gluten free bread is the best I ever tasted.

epic vegan black bean brownie and Rice Krispie treats - Edit

Love that their menu is vegan, GF and soy free! A for effort!

Delicious food! - Edit

My husband and I found this place on happy cow and chose to give it a shot. Best decision in a while. I ordered the beet burger with sweet chile fries and my husband got the buffalo cauliflower sandwich. Both dishes were fabulous!! The owner was extremely friendly too, great find and we plan to visit frequently with vegetarian friends.

Great quick quality food... - Edit

In Tucson for the first time we tried Veg in a Box, since it was open, and we were pleasantly pleased. The store is centrally located, and upon entering you learn they use to be a food-truck now in a store. The food is a mix and take on American classics, diner food, with a mix of southwest, but all vegan and delicious, and most if not all, gluten-free. I had a portabella burger on a super GF bun that was delicious, and a side of grilled potatoes,peppers, and onions, also fantastic. My partner got a sandwich, which she never does, she doesn't like bread, but loved the sandwich and GF bread and chili fries.

We had my brother with us, he's not a vegan, but loved his grilled sandwich and chili fries. I also had a beet and ginger drink that was super fresh, and a slice of GF chocolate cake, all super. Price was great, wish they had one of these in Phoenix.

Pros: Great food, Fast Service and food, Reasonably Price

Cons: Not sure only went once so far.

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veg in a Box closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.