CLOSED: Veg Harvest Cafe

Contact 630-579-9600

1021 W Ogden Ave, Naperville, Illinois, USA, 60563

South Indian vegetarian restaurant. Featuring Indian "street food," dosai, thali, and Indochinese cuisine. Uses dairy, so vegans to ask. THIS LOCATION SHUT DOWN EARLY 2013.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Indo-Chinese

First Review by

loved it - Edit

I have been to veg Indian Harvest before a week with my family for my dinner and i must say i enjoyed it. Food was good and so was the service. It was a great experience just like eating in India. The staff is really friendly. I was surprised that why is the place running slow, then i figured that there is less vegetarian community. While talking with the head server i came to know that they are staring buffet also. Cant wait.

Pros: good service, delicious food, friendly staff

Uses Dairy - Edit

I love Indian food. I love Indian culture. I wanted very badly to love this restaurant, but it is not vegan-friendly.
Is the food delicious? Yes, and all the food is technically vegetarian because Veg Harvest serves no meat. Are the staff friendly? Yes, they are exceedingly friendly (though slow), but the term "vegan-friendly" connotes an understanding and eagerness to accommodate us pestering, burdensome vegans who are either unwilling or unable to consume animal by-products of any kind.
The wait staff seemed willing to satisfy our requests; however, they proved unable to comprehend what we meant when we said that we didn't eat any dairy products. Or, maybe they just didn't take us seriously.
The staff continued bringing dairy products to our table (e.g., mint yogurt chutney), even though we had told them that we do not eat milk products of any kind, including cheese and butter. They mixed paneer (Indian cheese) into our food. I am not 100% certain whether any of the food contained ghee (clarified Indian butter); however, it seems likely. The fried food gave us terrible gas for many hours later.
This really made me sad, because Veg Harvest is one of the only outright vegetarian eateries in Naperville (and it's right around the corner from our home). Vegetarianism is not veganism, and Veg Harvest is definitely not vegan-friendly. Sorry.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, clean environment

The Indian Harvest, all vegetarian - Edit

It was great eating there!! we didn't know exactly where it was because it is actually called the indian harvest. The owner was really nice and helped us out a lot because we never have been there. But the food tasted SO delicious. I definently reccommend this if you want something different!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good prices, Delicious Food

Return to Naperville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veg Harvest Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 231 times since Aug 2008.