VEG Deli

ul. Radna 14, Powisle, Warsaw, Poland,

Modern restaurant on 2 levels serving vegan and gluten-free food and daily lunch special. Has a small take-out section selling spreads, jam, and baked goods. Est. 2013 as vegan then switched to vegetarian in 2014. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Polish

First Review by J-Veg

Quite nice - Edit

A nice restaurant with a bit of a DIY vibe. Their dishes are tasty and interesting, and the staff is friendly. The only disappointing thing was the number of vegan dishes. My non-veg family, however, were very happy with their vegetarian food.

Nothing interesting - Edit

The interior is quite nice and igredients fresh but overall food is nothing special and to talk about. When you add the fact that it's very pricey and portions are small (for the people who likes these tasteless options), you get a picture of restaurant to which I don't think you will want to come back. For vegans worth noting is the fact that only one main dish from seven is v.

Merece la pena - Edit

Hay que alejarse un poco de la ruta turística tradicional pero merece la pena. El lugar es bonito y espacioso, el personal muy amable y la comida muy buena.

Pros: comida , espacioso, menú en inglés

GoldenLaurel 07 Feb 2017 - thank you so much ! we hope to see you again !

creative menu but a little disappointing. - Edit

Lovely little restaurant, great convenient location near the university area of town. Fab terrace out the front with plenty of seats. Staff were very friendly and they have an English menu.

Food was mixed. I had the tartar starter, which was yum, but was disappointed by the oyster mushroom main, which was very oily and overcooked. My partner had tacos for the main, which I was also a bit disappointed by and tasted rather unextraordinary. Neither really lived up to my expectations. Overall good quality food, but nothing special.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, comfy and relaxed atmosphere

GoldenLaurel 07 Feb 2017 - thank you for your opinion, everyday we want to be better and better :) we hope to see you again !

Hipster elegant restaurant - Edit

Hipster elegant restaurant with very original meals (recommended carrot cream soup with raspberry relish and popcorn) instead of typical soy "meats". Has also non gluten food.

Nice decoration and staff.

Quite expensive.

Pros: original menu, elegant, non gluten

Cons: expensive

GoldenLaurel 07 Feb 2017 - we love you ! thank you for opinion !

Add it to my favorites! - Edit

Yesssssss. I love this place. It is SO beautiful in there and the food is the most comforting thing I've eaten, ever. It feels like a warm hug, ESPECIALLY the pumpkin curry, which is DIVINE. They have the vegan and gf options marked on the menu. However, in the case of the ramen and some others, you must specifically clarify that you want the vegan version of the dish, as they may otherwise add an egg on top (I did do this and they still made that mistake but took it back and made a new egg-free one so it was quickly dealt with). The best thing about this place is just how wonderfully designed it is, I always sit upstairs and it's soooo pretty, candles everywhere and the trees outside... Although that's a lie, the food is just impeccable too. 10/10 must recommend.

Pros: Food is fantastic, Vegan choices marked, WONDERFUL atmosphere

GoldenLaurel 07 Feb 2017 - we are so thankful for your opinion ! we hope to see you very soon !

The best so far! - Edit

Absolutely loved it, its a shame this restaurant is so far away from Vilnius :) Greetings! P.s. I can still feel the taste of oyster mushrooms, it was just..perfect!

GoldenLaurel 07 Feb 2017 - thank you so much

amazingly great and classy - Edit

outstanding compositions of food. we has a starter, a salad and two meals. everything was a 10/10. no cheap fun but worth every penny. best veg restaurant we've ever been!

Nice restaurant, but too expensive - Edit

We went there because it was the closest vegetarian restaurant in the neighbourhood. The interior is very nice. Unfortunately the prices are very high for Poland and the portions are very small. Great for a special dinner, but wouldn't recommend it otherwise.

Pros: nice interior

Cons: Expensive

Amazzzzing, classy - Edit

Vegdeli was previously 100% vegan restaurant. I have had lemon soup,green curry and creme brulee there. Everything was GORGEOUS. No other words needed. It used to be classy, top restaurant with excellent quality food. A bit pricey but my visit was absolutely worth it. After transormation into vegetarian/vegan I haven't been there.

A bit overrated - Edit

I went to VEG deli a couple of times since it opened, always with great expectations, and only their chocolate brownie and juices have not let me down.
I have had the burger, bagel, gnocchi and ravioli and they were always very small portions and a bit tasteless...
The restaurant itself is really lovely!

Pros: Desserts and smoothies, Location

Cons: Small portions, Disappointing flavours

amazing food but expensive - Edit

Seeing as this was the only vegan real 'restaurant' in the city, we decided to check it out. Upon seeing the menu we discovered they also had dishes with egg and cheese, so we were quite disappointed about that. Most of the starters are not vegan right now, the main dishes are however.

Like other reviewers said, the menu and quality of food is fantastic. The food tastes great and is very creative. I think they try to cook as seasonal and local as possible, judging by what we got served, but I can't be sure.

The atmosphere is nice too, with a white wooden interior spread out over two floors. It can be considered a bit more fancy than other veg places in the city, which the audience confirms.

However this brings along some disadvantages; the prices are ok it seems, but the portions are really quite small. That makes the food expensive, especially since most of the ingredients seem to be local.

The staff is friendly and helpful; the waiter who served us had to come extra on his free day, but didn't seem bothered at all about that and patiently answered all our questions.

3.5*

Pros: very tasty food, nice ambience, restaurant feel, not a cafe

Cons: expensive, not vegan

Vegan Foodie Paradise - Edit

I can't say enough about this quaint restaurant with an ambience that would be as à propos in NYC or Amsterdam as it would be in Warsaw. A delicious, fresh menu invites with both new spins on traditional dishes as well as contemporary vegan favourites. Prices are incredibly reasonable and the staff are super friendly. Felt like a home away from home.

Pros: price, variety, 100% gluten free

Excellent vegan oasis in Warsaw - Edit

I ate at Veg Deli twice during the UN climate-change conference in December 2013 in Warsaw, and I was lucky to find it. Very friendly service, terrific food. The staff were flexible in customizing the menu. (I basically wanted mounds of fresh cooked vegetables and quinoa.) The space is quite small, but comfortable enough and well-designed.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 23, 2014

Pros: great food, Friendly service

Just Beautiful - Edit

Absolutely delightful place set on two levels located in a scenic part of the city down the hill from the Old Town. The food is imaginative and pretty much gourmet such as tomato and coconut soup, vegetable and tofu shashlik and butter nut squash curry with soya. I would describe the decor as chic and laid back. There is a prominent white theme going on. An open kitchen that oozes warmth with friendly staff that aren't pushy in any way at all. A bit on the pricey side compared to other veg places in Warsaw (18 - 26 PLN for main courses) but still well within budget for a great relaxing experience. To do the whole 3 course and wine shebang it would set you back in the region of 20 GBP which is astonishing for such quality. I instantly liked this place on my first visit and on discovering that it now serves beers and wines on my second visit I absolutely love it. Sophistication without pretension. Pure genius in Warsaw.

Pros: stylish, good food, chic

Cons: small portions

Beautiful experience at veg deli - Edit

My boyfriend and I are both vegetarian and he has coeliac disease so we were really happy when we discovered veg deli. The food was delicious and reasonably priced, the staff were really friendly and spoke excellent english, and the owner of the cafe even helped us locate another shop which stocked gluten free food! Highly recommend :)

Best vegan place since Mono in Glasgow - Edit

And actually pretty much gorgeous vegan dining. I note that some have criticised portion size. I filled up perfectly on really great tasting food: turnip soup, dumplings and the most amazing peach crumble with cherry and vodka sauce. This is my first visit to Warsaw and I will be coming back with a friend largely to come back to VEG Deli.

"Cost" is a subjective thing I think. In terms of value for money this was exceptionally good. Objectively, the above dinner with a fab bottle of Obolon beer (takes me back to Kiev) was about £14.

English speaking, smiling waitress and an English language menu. No spirits or wine but great bottled beers.

I hope you go and enjoy as much as I did.

Pros: Fabulous vegan food, Great bottled beers, Excellent staff and ambiance

Not really convinced... - Edit

We visited this place today and were not really convinced. Although the quality and taste of our meals were quite good, it was very expensive for this small portions.

I had the ravioli filled with spinach and celery puree. My friend tried fried oyster mushrooms with sweet potato fries and salad. Additionally, we had a rhubarb-apple juice, which was really good.
Unfortunately, the portions are very small. I had 6 raviolis and just a bit of puree. I paid about 25 PLN. That's a lot - and it felt a bit like just having a starter!

The place itself was nicely furnished. The staff could be more friendly. The waitress didn't even smile once.

All in all we were a bit disappointed, especially because we thought that this place would be a hidden gem. I would not recommend it.

Pros: food is tasty, nice interior

Cons: expensive, small portions, unfriendly staff

Return to Warsaw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VEG Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.