Veg

• Friend
916-448-8768

2431 J St, 2F (at Midtown), Sacramento, California, USA, 95816

Cafe, bar, tearoom on the 2nd floor above Thai Basil Restaurant, since Jan 2016. Offers Ayurveda-inspired vegetarian cuisine as well American classics like burgers and tacos. Many items are vegan and gluten-free. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Indian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Fusion

First Review by karl8704

Great food. Very relaxing environment - Edit

Had jack fruit taco and a veggie curry. Both delicious. I loved the options on the herbal tea menu. I enjoyed a tea blend named Abundant Happiness. Very good vibes. Relaxing environment and experience. Will visit again.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Relaxing environment

Vegan Options - Edit

This place has amazing vegan options. I took my family here and we all had different dishes and enjoyed them. I had the falafel burger and absolutely loved it! The service was exceptional and the vibe in the cafe was really cool. I really liked this spot and hope to come back next time I'm in Sacramento.

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff

Super tasty vegan spot :-) - Edit

What a great foodie discovery along my road trip :)
Lots of variety, an exciting varied menu.
We had the falafel burger, each one of the tacos and some yummy Brussels sprouts.
All super tasty!
Friendly staff and really nice vibe in the cafe overall :o)

great tacos - Edit

I went on tuesday, which is 'taco tuesdays' and they had 4 tacos to choose from ranging from potato and pepper to a vegan chorizo. All were excellent and the service was excellent would eat there again any time.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Nice deco @ restaurant

Clean, Fresh, Delicious - Edit

This place is great, everything was perfect. Clean, fresh, delicious food. Portions are not so big.

We went there for dinner with friends.
We ordered the kombucha (amazing!), crepe with veggies and coconut milk sauce and falafel burger, and our friends the pumpkin seasonal soup and almond chocolate pudding - everything was fresh and delicious.

Our server told us everything on the menu is vegan, but their menu is seasonal, so always ask about the vegan items.

Will definitely go back!

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-28

Pros: Clean, fresh, delicious, Don't miss the kombucha, Fast service

Cons: Portions not too big, Gluten free & soy free options

Bright and Beautiful - Edit

My favorite interior for downtown lunch spots. Great decor and lots of light. The food was excellent with special mention for the sweet potato chips and ginger guacamole. Really liked the falafel burger too. Great coffee drinks finished off our meal including easy substitution of nut milks. This place is a fav lunch spot but due to their growing popularity, and small number of staff, weekday lunchtimes can sometimes involve a bit of patience. If you aren't in a hurry and don't mind asking for things more than once, you're sure to be pleased. Hoping they staff up a little as popularity solidifies.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-11 07:09:29

Pros: Great menu, Great ambiance, Variety of creative vegan options

Cons: weekday parking can be a little challenging diurin, understaffed weekday lunchtime

Great Sunday Bruch - Edit

Excellent restaurant. The Sunday Brunch menu was entirely vegan except one item because it had a fried egg on top. I had the curry plate with a yummy cashew/coconut milk cream sauce. The sevice was excellent. Nice space too with sunlight coming in through the windows. The restaurant is on the second floor above the Thai restaurant. I am going back to try their lunch menu.

Good food at reasonable prices! - Edit

We stopped by Veg, expecting food similar to Baagan in Rocklin (another restaurant featuring ayurvedic food). We thought the food was quite different and better than the other place in Rocklin. The aloo tikki (potato cakes) were well flavored and accompanied by a zingy sauce; the sangria was light and great for our hot Sacramento summer days. The veggie crepe had good flavors and a little spice; the falafel burger was just as tasty as Mother's nut burger but didn't fall apart on you. All of our food was vegan and all of it was delicious. Can't wait to go back!!!

Pros: All vegan entrees and appetizers for two, Reasonably priced, Unabashedly vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free

Cons: Parking on weekend nights could be tough

Return to Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veg closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.