Veg and Veg

Contact n/a

Piazza del Mercato Centrale 4, Florence, Italy, 50100

Burger place at Mercato Centrale. Makes bean patties with whole grain bread from a local bakery. There is also a large range of soups, fresh pressed juices, and sides such as roasted potatoes and salad. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 10:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Italian, Organic, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by natasha vegan

5-Ingredient Salad - Edit

We stopped into the very busy Mercato and ate at Veg&Veg.
We shared the larger salad. There is a good amount of choices, vegetable-wise. It comes in a bread "bowl" so it's quite filling.

Pros: Good to have a veg option

Don't Bother - Edit

I'm surprised at all the 4/5 star reviews.

It's in this big kinda shopping centre which has a very 'London-y' feel to it, though there is a massive MEAT butcher shop right next to it with pig legs and cow carcasses hung up with happy cartoon pigs/cows on the signs which really angered me.

Me and mum got the 'pop eye' burger, be careful when ordering which burger if you are vegan as the descriptions will say 'vegan burger .... cheese' and it is not vegan cheese.

The burgers were really dry and the very dry toasted bun did not help. There was too much mayo in it too.

It was very messy to eat. Mum took out the stick in the middle of the burger and it completely fell apart, so I kept mine in ha.

We also got a '3 ingredient' salad and I chose lettuce, carrot and corn, but that was 5 euros, very expensive for what it was. The burgers however were only 8 euros each and were massive.

Overall I would not bother coming here if I were you, there is hardly any variety, it's dry, it's a crowded place... Universo Vegano is 100x better.

Pros: Affordable burger

Cons: Very dry, No Variety, Crowded, off putting place

Delicious and SO filling - Edit

The burgers here are great. I got the meal combo with a vegan burger, potatoes, and a fresh juice. I could not finish the burger and could only eat a few of the potatoes. I wanted to finish it so badly, but it was SO filling! My non-veg boyfriend was impressed as well. I would absolutely return.

Great Location. Good food - Edit

This place was honestly a life saver when I was in florence. Mum and I went there twice during our short stay- both times we had just come off the train and were very tired so it was great having somewhere just around the corner!
The burgers were nice and the potatoes were really yum + a good size ( a large fed us both easily). The soup was warm and comforting and the chocolate tart was also amazing . Would definitely recommend if you are in the area and need to grab lunch, dinner or a late night snack ( it's open till 12 am!!}

Pros: fast , convenient , good atmosphere

Fast, fun and great location! - Edit

This burger place was in a great location, at the top of the huge food market - which didn't seem like the obvious place to find vegan options! The burgers themselves were fine; the toppings & potatoes on the side were excellent! There's at least one clearly marked vegan option (the Popeye burger, which was good). There could perhaps have been a clearer sense of how the ordering system worked - several people were waiting to order in the wrong place, and no one let people know - which meant everything took much longer than it could have done because of the confusion. In general, it's a fantastic option for a daytime lunch in that area.

Pros: tasty, filling, great location

Cons: confusing

A super yummy burger! - Edit

I had a delicious vegan burger made with lentils, topped with a pea cream sauce, fresh tomatoes and raw zucchini slices. My sister also enjoyed her burger. We shared a salad but you can also get potatoes to go with it. It was definitely memorable and the bread was super yummy too. There are two vegetarian options and two vegan options but I'm sure you could veganize the vegetarian portion easily. Definitely recommend.

Open 'till Midnight - Edit

Veg and Veg is a great place when you're looking for a quick, healthy, and (for Florence) inexpensive meal. They have burgers, salads, soups, and juices. My go-to is the Popeye burger (which is vegan, and piled with greens in addition to the burger itself) and 5-item salad, which is a lettuce base and then you choose 5 toppings (beans, corn, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, etc.). There's usually one or two soups to choose from, and some cold (mostly fruit-based) juice on ice (this isn't a juice bar). Staff are very friendly and seem to be smiling most of the time.

What's also great about Veg and Veg is the setting. It's in a larger market in a beautiful, renovated bus station, with many stalls offering a variety of food and drink. The atomosphere is informal and friendly, with large monitors usually showing sports, local and international. There can be many Italians here, in contrast to many restaurants which are filled mostly with foreign tourists.

When you get to the Mercado Centrale, you can go in on the ground floor and take a look around the market proper (many vegetable vendors, but also many corpse vendors, you've been warned!), or head straight upstairs via an escalator on the side. The market is a must, especially if you've never been to Florence. Enjoy the people, watch some sports, have a burger and salad, and do some people watching. Prego.

Pros: Fast, good food, good people

Cons: Need more juice options (vegetables!)

Pretty good! - Edit

Stumbled upon this place while searching for vegan wine in the market (which was not to be found). Had the "Popeye" vegan burger with potatoes sautéed (?) in extra virgin olive oil and spices. Although the patty wasn't the best I've had the overall taste was very good. Nice, fresh bun with a good mix of toppings. Service was good and it is a vegetarian/vegan oasis on a floor of otherwise carnivorous options. It was also nice to be able to have a vegan beer (Moretti) from the bar next door.

Pros: Tasty, Relatively fresh, Generous size

Cons: Patties could be better, Could have more options

Meh - Edit

It was pouring rain and we took shelter in the Mercato. We were surprised and happy to find a veg place. We got a very good Rice-Carrot-Leek soup in a bread bowl, there didn't seem to be a ton of soup though, it was heavy on the bread. We also got a caramelized onion burger (eu8) which was loaded with problems. It is a nice toasted bun, unfortunately everything else was ice cold. I couldn't find any caramelized onion, so I went up and told them that. They said it was on there; I said No, and if there is any, I can't find it, so can I have some? They gave me a little bit of red colored picked onion...do they think that is what caramelized onion is? It isn't. The burger was crumbley, so chunks kept falling out as you ate it. All of the toppings were quite cold, and as far as I could tell, so was the burger. Really not a nice experience at all.
There are some roasted potatoes for 3 or 5 euro. Three different burgers. A green salad, a grain salad. That's the menu. Wished Il Vegetariano had been open :(

Pros: location

Cons: limited menu

A casual burger - Edit

A great vegan burger - The Popeye. Really nice flavour & nice toasted bun, side of sliced roast potatoes was nice. Cheap & quick service. This is on the top floor above the market, lots of other eateries & shared tables, so can cater for all tastes. Was informal & good buzzy atmosphere. Loved it. the wine was nice too. Best vegan burger I have had in a while.

Pros: cheap, vegan, meets other tastes

Cons: busy

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veg and Veg closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.