First Review by

Not greasy! - Edit

Locally-owned, cafeteria-style, trendy restaurant & take out. They use very little oil, and recycle everything they can.

I always order the same combo: basmati rice, veg curry, spicy red lentils (i.e. daal - ask for it in the larger section of the container instead of the rice, they do it for me every time), and a roti, which is vegan. The only other vegan option for the combo is actually the non-spicy lentils, and plain basmati rice of course.

I've also tried their chickpea and spinach roti wrap. Lovely!

They also offer premium spices and teas which are wonderful.

Very filling for under $10.

Pros: healthy, eco program, filling

Cons: limited vegan options

Really good food with vegan options!!! - Edit

I love this place. I used to go to their Bloor location but they have since opened on Church Street (in the village). You get your choice of rice (spinach or basmati) with two portions of an entree. My favourite is the split pea/lentil (it's spicy and good) and the mixed vegetables. The daal and chickpea curry are also good. It cost about $7.50. I am vegan and very careful where I eat when going to an non-vegetarian place but the staff there seem very informed of is vegan and non-vegan (i.e. they have butter tofu, they know it's vegetarian but not vegan). The chipati is also vegan. The naan is not. Both place are very clean too. The Church St location is really good because of the outdoor patio. The soups are often vegan too I am told but I have never tried. Portion sizes are ok but I would rather pay a bit more for a larger portion. I guess you could just order an extra entree or something. But all and all I love this place!!! www.vedatakeout.com.

Pros: food is delicious!, prices reasonable!, staff friendly

Cons: wish portions were bigger

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Veda Healthy Indian Takeout closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 752 times since Aug 2007.