Vecchia Milano Trattoria Pizzeria

+45-35439927

Øster Farimagsgade 26, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2100

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian-owned pizza restaurant. Has a separate vegan menu with pizza, pasta, sandwiches; uses vegan cheese and faux meat. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by piffelina

Great Italian style pizza - Edit

Vecchia Milano is a small Italian restaurant that offers a vegan menu alongside it's non-vegan menu. The vegan menu includes pizza, sandwiches, risotto and I think some pasta dishes.

We come here for the pizza as it is pretty good and although I want to try the other menu items, I just love the pizza. It is a thin crust Italian pizza with vegan cheese and a variety of toppings, which are mostly vegetables but they also offer a plant-based "ham"-like topping.

It is my favorite place for vegan pizza in Copenhagen at the moment. The sauce, crust, toppings proportion is good and the sauce has a nice flavor. The vegan cheese is probably a standard vegan cheese and it melts nicely. The portion size is also quite good - not too small (I tend to think that all portions in DK are a bit small, but hey I am from the US)

The service is also good and the folks behind the counter are quite friendly. The prices are quite reasonable.

I would give it a 5 but Happy Cow doesn't let you when it's only a veg-friendly place.

Pros: Excellent food , Friendly staff, Seating

Cons: Casual- not a fancy place

Popular vegan spot - Edit

I had (maybe too?) high hopes for this place, as I've seen it mention several times as a new vegan favorite around the local community.

As opposed to most pizza places around Copenhagen, this place is actually Italian and have cute Italian-style interior. Would definitely recommend for a date.

There a pretty extensive vegan menu with around 15 dishes to choose from, including pizza, sandwiches and pasta. I wish I could rate this place better, but my pizza just wasn't that good. The vegan cheese they use is runny, yet sticky and I'm no particularly fond of the taste. The black olives tasted like the budget kind you find in cheap supermarkets.

I'll be back again though, to try the sandwiches and pasta.

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vecchia Milano Trattoria Pizzeria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.