CLOSED: VBurger

Contact 212-533-8777

815 Broadway, Union Square, New York City, New York, USA, 10003

An authentic 100% vegan burger joint. Reported closed Jan 2017. May be temporary so please update HappyCow of changes. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Suebedo

Some of it was nice... - Edit

We ordered some onion rings, some burgers and a cake. I had the un chicken burger but I really didn't enjoy it. I think it lacked flavour though and I thought I wasn't going to be able to finish it. On the other hand the onion rings and cakes were delicious. I'm on holiday but I wouldn't rush back or recommend that anyone else goes here.

Pros: roomy

Quite confused - Edit

It is hard to decide whether the place is good or bad. It seemed nice at first look, the menu is wide and there are many dessert, but the burger and fries that I order looked and tasted like typical fast junk food. Quite dissapointing, but maybe needs another try.

Fun, tasty burger and fries. Yay! - Edit

We really enjoyed VBurger. You can come in and get a burger and fries and a soda, meat free. I loved it.
I got the traditional VBurger with a side of yummy fries.
The place is very nice. It is shared, however, with a Pita place that serves meat. But the kitchens are separate.
Staff was friendly and the service was quick. If you're near Union Square, give this place a shot!

Pros: Delicious burger with fries...love it, Fair pricing, Friendly staff

DISAPPOINTED - Edit

Been coming here since it opened...at times it's great....other times not so great The Un Chicken was my favorite but the last time....it was too greasy....overly fried. I also think it's a bit overpriced and they offer no combos. They recently revamped their menu...so now it's even more expensive. Oh well....

Pros: Vegan Fast Food

Cons: Overpriced Greasy Inconsistent

Vegan Fast Food - Edit

My significant other loves fried food and this is the place if you like it fried!
I ordered the Einstein and he ordered the Fried Un Chicken sandwich... and of course the onion rings. The large onion rings is enough for 4 people!
I don't know what I was expecting, maybe when I saw cauliflower, I thought .... not fried? Well I was wrong! Fried, Fried, Fried! My boyfriend was happy but I am not used to eating so much grease. Don't get me wrong, those onion rings are probably the best I have ever tasted, vegan or not. So let me repeat, fried not healthy!

Pros: Huge Portion of onion rings, Part of profits given to animal rescue!, 100% vegan and gluten free options

Cons: Fried!, Very greasy, No nutrition information available.

Good burgers and fries - Edit

The burgers, fries and portobello steak sandwich were great. I found the onion rings too oily and soft, no crunch to them like people swore on Instagram. I suggest asking what comes on the burgers or sandwiches before ordering because I hate mustard and while it's not listed as an ingredient in the steak sandwich, it was there, so they had to remake it. They were apologetic and even gave me a card for a free burger for next time. I appreciate the quick response and solution to the issue. I recommend as a great alternative to the usual vegan places in the village.

VBurger Vegans Don't look to Your Left Hummus & Pita not vegan - Edit

Vegans go right - VBurger is a separate kitchen in this shared space with separate kitchens!!! VBurger's Einstein burger is made of cauliflower and potatoes with a special sauce. The burger is named of Einstein's famous on vegetarianism -- nothing will benefit human health and increase chance for survival of life on earth as much as evolution to vegetarian.

The two speciality VBurger for name Einstein and DI Vinci both vegetarians!

Desserts are by Vegan Treats

Located on a diagonal below The Strand Book store across the street good food to be

Pros: great customer service, good food , bathroom

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: VBurger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.