VBites

+44-1273-747371

14 East St, Brighton, England, BN1 1HP

Vegan cafe opened in summer 2009 by celebrity Heather Mills. Atmosphere is family oriented and children friendly. Has Wi-Fi. Moved to current location since spring 2013 and is now open year-round; previously at Hove Lagoon, Kingsway, Hove Brighton. Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Bakery

First Review by Shockingfish

Good food but service and venue bit disappointing - Edit

Had a good breakfast but tables weren't clean and staff weren't very knowledgeable about dishes and service was poor. Venue felt a bit grubby and so bit disappointing overall. Also Sunday menu suddenly changes at midday which is very confusing and not at all clear.

V. Inbiting - Edit

Absolutely amazing food. Went there twice in three days because it was so good.
The red velvet cake is amazing and the chicken wraps are perfect for what many places don't do vegan.
Couldn't believe the mayo was vegan it was so good!
Large selection of drinks and mock meats at decent prices. Sells all the weird and wonderful things like the vegan egg there.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating and there is a staff discount

Pros: Casual, Delicious food, Lots of options

Cons: One member of staff wasn't incredibly friendly, Shop itself was quite hot

awful cafe - Edit

this place is terrible - it gives vegan food a bad name. the cafe itself is grubby and need of refurbishment, a good clean and a tidy up. the staff are apathetic. the food is pretty bland (I had tasteless coleslaw) and not made with the best vegan products on the market. there was no excuse for the lettuce i had that was starting to go mushy.

Great choice - Edit

Lovely food, good service and delicious hot chocolate! We had breakfast there which was delicious, great place for kids as there was plenty for them on the menu.

Pros: great selection, take out option

Perfect Every Time - Edit

Me and my girlfriend came to Brighton for a weekend away because we are both vegan. We came to VBites about 3 times in total our entire weekend.... once for breakfast, once for lunch and once for dinner. We absolutely loved it. We went through and tried so many things on the menu between us and we can honestly say that we weren't let down. I would recommend VBites to anyone visiting Brighton and I genuinely think it is a contender for the best vegan restaurant not only in Brighton but in England.

Not for hippy salad lovers - Edit

Love love love this place. Good hearty food you don't normally find at other vegan cafes. Want a salad? Go somewhere else, this is meat alternative based around the VBites products and it's delicious. Kebabs, full English, burgers, pizza, mock duck, bacon rolls. Plus a great selection of junk food and indulgences. I always eat here at least three times on a weekend trip to Brighton.

Very good! - Edit

We tried the burgers and friens and brighton vegan beer!

It was all absolutely yum and the staff was friendly.

Also the design of the place is just the cutest!

Pros: friendly, cute design, yummy cheap food

Delicious food and friendly staff - Edit

Great restaurant for a quick meal or coffee! Their English breakfast is delicious.

Best option for non-vegetarians to try vegan dishes... - Edit

...in addition to being awesome for everyone.
Ate there three times and was thrilled by the accuracy of mock meats. The mock duck in the Hoisin Ducky is probably the closest you can get to how a duck tastes like. The same is true for the mock fish in their fish dishes.
In general very good cooking and great taste.
The staff was very nice, but the service was a bit sloppy though. Actually I never quite understand what's the procedure. The menu is scattered around somewhere, you don't know if someone will come to your table to serve or if you have to the desk to order there and if you have to pay up front or not - I did experienced it different each time.
Nonetheless, there is not a single city in the world that wouldn't be happy about a VBites within its borders.

Amazing food - Edit

Went here one rainy Saturday afternoon for a late lunch. Had tofu fish and chips, and the burger with peanut butter! All amazing, and a good selection of drinks and snacks. Highly recommend...

Pros: 100% vegan

Not Amazing - Edit

glad to have vegan food but it wasn't that great. the place is a mess, it's unorganised and needs tidying / freshening up. staff weren't that great either, more interested in chatting with each other. disappointing

Sunday Roast to die for . - Edit

Most Sunday's my friend and I can be found in VBites eating the massive and tasty nut roast . ( Yorkshire pud included ! ) I also love their soup and knickerbocker glory !!!
If you have VIVA membership you will get 10% discount on showing your card . Can't be bad !

Pros: small shop area selling VBites and other vegan foo

Cons: a shame it is not open in the evenings .

Yummy Scrummy! - Edit

Went here for a coffee and cake. Cakes were HUGE and so yummy! Coffee was good too.

Pros: Cakes were great. Lots of vegan options.

Delicious!! - Edit

I went here two nights ago, and it was fantastic! The fish and chips were delicious, and there were many great desserts to choose from. I had a carrot cake with pistachio ice cream that was incredible! The service was really friendly and prompt, too. I left feeling full and satisfied, which is no small feat given I have a big appetite and had barely eaten anything all day. This is a great vegan treat in Brighton!

Pros: Delicious, imaginative food, Great service, Good portions

VGood Indeed - Edit

I love this place, so much so myself and my wife visited twice during our stay over Easter. VBites is definitely the place to go if you want some good old fashioned junk food. We got the chicken burger and fish burger with fries and although I enjoyed the fish burger, I wasn't overly convinced with the texture and probably wouldn't get it again. The chicken burger however was excellent and I would highly recommend. We also returned again for the full English breakfast, which was superb and one of the best vegan breakfasts I have had. All of the meals are inexpensive and the menu offers lots of choice. The staff are very friendly and there is just a nice vibe about the place. The is also a shop selling sandwiches, wraps, pastries, cakes and chocolate and before we left we got some pasties to takeaway for the train back to Newcastle. The cheese and potato and meat and potato pasties were divine.

Pros: 100% vegan, Excellent menu and inexpensive, Great vibe

Loved it! - Edit

I love being overwhelmed by an all vegan menu! I wanted to try everything! I have a wrap, my partner had a hot dog and chips, then we shared a giant amazing sundae and I had a latte. All so good!
They also have a nice little to go And groceries section.
Lovely decor as well!
Just loved it!

Pros: so many great choices, great location, lovely decor and atmosphere

Don't serve burnt toast - Edit

Visited VBites for breakfast. I ordered the grilled vine tomatoes and my toast was burnt, which was disappointing and suggests that there's not a focus on providing quality food to the customer. Given the number of vegan/vegetarian restaurants in Brighton, not sure I'd return based on my experience. Pizzas looked good though and there were some cakes near the counter that looked nice.

nice but not to my taste - Edit

the restaurant was fine, just not to my taste (or my pescetarian friend who joined me actually) she had the bean burger and I had a special "kebab" both came with sweet potato fries.

if you are into the v-bites stuff as the main element of a meal then this might be great for you. or if you're a converting meat eater.. but for me, I enjoy a good salad and lots of fresh food, so this felt a little off point for vegans.

personally I thought the variety of stuff in the shop downstairs was great and I had a lovely chocolate mylkshake but the food was average and disappointing but atleast the price was okay and reflected the price of an average meal anyways.

also, someone on a table next to us got an ice cream sundae which looked pretty incredible!

Pros: good variety in the shop downstairs, yummy milkshake, not too expensive

Cons: food was uninspiring, too much focus on the v-bites products, not enough salad!

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has VBites closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.