Vaust Braugaststatte

Contact +49-3054599160

Pestalozzistrasse 8, Berlin, Germany, 10625

Vegetarian restaurant and micro-brewery established spring 2012 and became all-vegan in Dec 2013. Open Tue-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Organic, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, German

First Review by blackcatemma

Always worth it! - Edit

Always going here, if i want to take my parents out. Always super friendly, always very delicious and they master to combine special ingridients to traditious meals with a twist - all vegan!

Pros: extraordniary, but traditional meals, very friendly stuff, nice interior

Delicious food - Edit

9 of us went there for dinner and it was perfect for a large party with friends. The atmosphere is cozy and relaxed, the service is great.
The menu offers few but nice options.
My husband and I had the gnocchi and the ravioli which were both delicious. I only wish the portions were a little bigger.
We also had a slice of chocolate cake with icing which was very tasty. I also tried my friends' spelt beetroot tart and mango sorbet, both delicious.
I will definitely go back there on my next trip to Berlin!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly service

Should improve - Edit

Slow and rather inattentative service. Small portions. If you can live with that - go for it. The food in itself is good and the place cozy and welcoming. But if you want a hearty meal without getting robbed and quick attentative service - don't go here.

Looks great, tastes even better - Edit

Not your run of the mill vegan dishes but less usual but dishes that taste even better than they look. We also liked the mango-chili lemonade. Relaxed atmosphere, beautiful artwork in tiles.

Pros: really good food, relaxed atmosphere

Vaust - Edit

Quiet tavern-like restaurant in West Berlin with both, plenty of seats inside and outside.
I had very decent, tasty gnocchi with some cheese on top that I would never had suspected to be vegan. Chapeau!
A friend of mine took an antipasti plate that was spotless.
Chocolate cake for dessert very good indeed!
Sort of "indiscreet" atmosphere due to tables very close to one another and quiet location.
Knowledgeable staff! Reasonable priced.
Have to try their famous beer next time.

There is no pizza in the menu! (summer menu) - Edit

The staff was very kind, but the food was good, not great. The home brewed beer is worth trying out

Pros: beer, staff, pretty interior and nicely prepared food

Cons: weird smell inside

Disappointing - Edit

I went to Vaust Braugaststätte because it was recommended to me by a friend. Since the place has got good reviews I had high expectations.

The waiter recommended a dish to me that, according to him, was one of the most popular ones, so I went for it: a soy-based roulade filled with green asparagus and vegan cheese, served with a vegetable-prosecco-sauce, and potatoes plus snow peas on the side. I was really excited for the dish, but was almost shocked to see that for ca. 15€ the portion was really, really small. However, to my further disappointment the dish wasn‘t anything special: The soy roulade didn’t have any particular taste nor distinctive seasoning, the filling (green asparagus) was very little and the vegan cheese tasted like nothing. The additional sauce was barely enough for the roulades but not for the potatoes and snow peas which both tasted like they were without any spices at all.

After the really disappointing main dish I was still hungry and craving for some more food, so I ordered a chocolate cake which came with cream and a physalis. The cake was pretty ok, it was with chocolate cream on top of it – for my taste a bit too much chocolate, too sweet in the end - some nuts or fruits inside or a different topping to balance the sweetness would have been nice.

Unfortunately I went from there unsatisfied, having spend around 20€. The service was friendly though and the interior lovely. I won't come again though.

Pros: Nice interior, Friendly service

Cons: Small portions, too pricey, Tasteless main dish

real restaurant, good atmosphere - Edit

excellent food in a 'real' restaurant. self-brewed beer. very friendly staff. located in 'old' (not hip) part of town ('western' berlin). several bus/subway stops close by. beautiful interieur.

Pros: very friendly staff, beautiful interieur, 'real' restaurant, garlic-free food available

nothing special - Edit

Had currywurst for starters which was really good! Had pasta for mains which was slightly disappointing. Small portion, not many vegetables, not very tasty.
Chocolate cake for desert which was pretty good, a bit on the dry side but the fudge topping compensated that very well.
Very traditional German atmosphere, which is actually quite nice. Would rate 3,5 starts if half start were possible.

Pros: currywurst!, a place you could take your parents to

Cons: small portions

Awesome - Edit

got here on a Thursday night at 2030 and closed. gutted.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 31, 2016
Battled on the next night and so glad I did. Looks.like inwas there the same night as another cow lover, they obviously did not have the special.
Started a bot awkward as realised there was bugger all onnthr.menu for my wee one. No worries as the staff went out their way to.make her a sausage. And roast potatoes, a winner which was rewarded in the tip.
My better half went for a frankfurter tagliatelle which was creamy and pretty tasty. I got lucky with the special, a seitan ravioli with a chard and kale layer underneath. A really strong tasting ravioli, with an even stronger chard and kale sauce, but both full of flavour and worked perfectly togatrt. Absolutely magic.
Also have to say tried both their own brewed beers which was my food down a treat.

Cons: Staff, Tasty, Innovative

Such Luck! - Edit

I lucked out and found myself staying two blocks away for work. I would've traveled much further for this delicious meal! Root veg stew, pumpkin and pear stuffed ravioli, rice pudding with blueberries, and a beer from their own brewery. This was an exceptional meal!

Pros: gorgeous space, sweet staff, clean and quiet

Cons: none

My favourite place in Berlin - Edit

My sister and I chose to enjoy a "fancier" meal one evening in December and decided to go for the microbrewery vegan restaurant. It was truly a great meal: quiche for her, vegan bratlinge for me, along with a delicious artisanal dark beer. Some of the best vegan food I've had in these past three years and a chance to eat veganised German food. Strongly recommended.

Fine Vegan Dining - Edit

I regret not leaving enough time for Vaust, gf and I only stayed for a main and drink.
The place is totally vegan and feels fancy yet welcoming. It was a pleasant change from the many punk and hipster places around Berlin.
Dress up nice, take your time and enjoy the full menu.

Pros: Very Friendly , Nice neighborhood , Great drinks too

lekker! - Edit

really great place! I booked this for a romantic date with my wife and it did no disappoint! Amazing vegan german fine dining style! Many gluten free options, including a gluten free alcohol free beer! Highly recommended!

Pros: vegan german cuisine, home made beer, gluten free options

Cons: location, small - so book a table, wait staff a bit casual

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vaust Braugaststatte closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 20046 times.