CLOSED: Vaughan's International Cuisine

905-688-3276

249 St. Paul Street (at Carlisle), St Catharines, Ontario, Canada, L2R3M2

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has veggie burger, veggie dog, potato fries, falafel, tahini, zahtar, eggplant casserole, tabouleh, fatouche salad, pita, veggie kabob, vegan rice pilaf, hummus, and baba ganoush. Large portions. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by World B. Free

Spectacular - Edit

I just tried Vaughn's for the first time. Vaughn (the owner) understands what vegan means, and will go out of his way to prepare a dish to meet our standards. The menu also clearly labels some dishes as vegan. Always be sure to specify that you are vegan, and there will be no confusion or mix ups.

I tried the entree that comes with falafel, hummus, and baba ghanoosh, in addition to two sides (I got potatoes and taboule salad). Pita bread is also included for dipping. The food was great, the portions are very large, and the prices are fair. The falafel was just a little dry for my liking, so in the future I will just get the dips on their own.

I highly recommend Vaughn's for vegans in the Niagara region. I will be returning quite often since I live within walking distance.

Pros: Good food, Large portions, Fair prices

Cons: Mediocre falafel

Nice staff and gigantic portions - Edit

I ordered a mixed plate of tabuleh, zahtar and fallafels as well as some pilaf. All were delicious, but so massive I had to take most of it home. I will definitely be going back. Prices were fair considering portion size. They could do a bit more with the atmosphere in the restaurant, but if that sort of thing doesn't really bother you (I could care less) then you shouldn't have any problems.

Pros: Huge portions , Great staff , Good value

Cons: Atmosphere a little lacking.

Return to St Catharines Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Vaughan's International Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.