Vandal Doughnuts

( 1 review )
902-407-0954

2605 Agricola St, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Serves meat, vegan options available. Donut shop located in Gus' Pub that usually offers a few vegan sandwich/burger options, as well as at least 2 vegan donuts daily. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by QuothTheRaven

vegan donuts finally!! - Edit

Edit: lowered my rating by a star because they didn't have vegan donuts two days in a row and the staff had some stupid reasons behind it. Said they may only have vegan donuts Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Owners of Riot Snack bar bring you a sandwich meets doughnut shop located in Gus' Pub. It seems like a strange combo but it works somehow.

The artwork on the door, side of the building and on the door next to the cash is bright and adorable!

There's a big display lined with gorgeous and unique donuts. The bottom row was the vegan options, only 2 but that's enough to make this donut fiend happy. They have menu board listing the prices of everything and also has their unique sandwich options as well. Four of which can be made vegan and are indicated by the green V.

My friend flipped the bill and got us one of each of the donut varieties, as well as a peanut butter bacon burger veganized.

We then took a seat over in the pub area. It's an interesting spot. Very old pub style including slot machines which I don't see very often anymore. But it wasn't a bad dining experience.

The girl working came over and informed us they were out of the vegan bacon but said they could put extra greens and such in it and that was fine.

We chowed down on the first donut while waiting for our food. I believe it was a mocha dipped doughnut. Serious perfection, a real doughnut! Guys, I dream about doughnuts. It's the one thing I always crave to be vegan. This, my friends, was delicious! It was a real fried donut with chocolate glaze frosting on the top.

The burgers came out shortly after and they were huge with two patties, veggies and peanut butter. I seriously think it might be my new favourite vegan burger in the city.

Even though we were stuffed we wanted our second donut. This one was a Boston creme with green and red frosting swirled across the top. Again, it was the real deal.

All and all I was extremely happy with my first visit. The service was great, the food was amazing, the atmosphere was a little strange but not half bad and I enjoyed myself and prices for the burgers and sandwiches are extremely good, donuts a little higher than I'd like but so worth it.

Thank you Vandal for making vegans happy!

Pros: vegan donut, large portions

Cons: not all vegan

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vandal Doughnuts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.