Van Leeuwen Ice Cream - West Village

• Other Other
Contact 917-475-1448

152 W 10th St (at West Village, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10014

Small chain of ice cream parlors and food trucks. Offers a few vegan ice cream flavors, which you could get in a shake, sundae, or ice cream sandwich. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-11:00pm, Fri 7:00am-12:00am, Sat 9:00am-12:00am, Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

First Review by slo0go

Vegan Ice Cream! Yes Please - Edit

Love Van Leeuwen, they actually have vegan ice-cream most are made from nuts so if you are allergic than its probably not for you, otherwise it is delicious I love I can have ice cream without the dairy! If you have friends who are into dairy they have those too but I recommend you give them a taste of yours, they won't regret it! Go Now!

Tasty Ice Cream with Friendly Service! - Edit

Let me start off my review by stating that Van Leeuwun is not an entirely vegan establishment. About half of the daily flavors are vegan friendly and clearly labeled so on the menu. The staff is very friendly and was more then happy to let me sample pretty much all of the vegan ice cream flavors they offered.

Van Leeuwun gets HUGE points for creating innovative and exciting vegan ice cream flavors. I have to say I was pretty sick of constantly getting the same boring flavors at all of my usual places. I ended up getting green tea and chocolate rum doughnut flavored ice cream both were extremely creamy and delicious. I can honestly say they have some of the best vegan ice cream I've ever tried! I will definitely come back and try more flavors!

Vegan Ice Cream! - Edit

Van Leeuwen is an ice cream parlor with several locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn, and an ice cream truck! They have vegan flavors. All of their vegan ice creams are made with nuts. They have many flavors with milk, and several vegan versions of the same flavors. I recently had an awesome cone with a scoop of dark chocolate and a scoop of pistachio. This establishment, however, charges $0.50 extra for vegan. My two scoop cone was $6.00. Yum!

Pros: Creamy Vegan Ice Cream!

Cons: charges extra for vegan :(

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Van Leeuwen Ice Cream - West Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.