Valpo Viennas

219-299-2592

3 Napoleon St (at Lincolnway), Valparaiso, Indiana, USA, 46383

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers vegetarian Italian sausages and vegan hot dogs. In the winter, on Fridays, serves vegetarian chili (which most likely is vegan - just ask). Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm. Closed Sun.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by happycowgirl

great food, great service - Edit

Had the veggie dog with relish. Homemade chips with many options for seasonings. Celery salt was my choice.

Pros: quick service

DELICIOUS - Edit

Oh my gosh! This place is freaking awesome! I had a vegan hot dog which was amazing and my boyfriend had the vegetarian italian sausage which he says he could've eaten 10 of them they were so good! They also have a vegan italian sausage and occasionally have vegan chili on Tuesdays. Also, the guys in there were so damn cool!! LOVE IT

Chicago style vegan hotdogs! - Edit

I recently had the pleasure of having lunch at Valpo Viennas. I had a delicious Chicago style Italian sausage and fresh made potato chips(which are awesome!) the staff is friendly and helpful and I will definitely eat there again the next time I'm in Valpo.

Everything Awesome - Edit

They have veggie dogs and veggie Italian sausages. Both are out of this world! The buns, chips, everything is so fresh and tasty. You can get just about any topping you want on your dog. This place is like an old fashioned hot dog restaurant the likes of which you just don't come across anymore. You can tell the owner puts his heart and soul into this business. It is truly an asset to the city of Valparaiso. Lots of character. Very original storefront and cool old bricked road out front.

Both veggie dog and sausage are vegan. You can ask what brand he uses and ask to see the package if you are a strict vegan. They are very cool about it.

When I was there he was talking about adding a veggie smoked sausage to the menu too! Freaking love this place.

Fabulous Hot Dogs - Edit

I just had a Chicago style veggie dog and some of Valpo Vienna's fabulous homemade chips, and the entire lunch was fantastic. The poppy seed bun was steamed and soft, and the veggies were very fresh. The homemade spiral chips or whatever they call them were hot and crispy. I have no complaints, except that the menu calls the hotdog and the polish sausage "veggie". When I asked the girl if the hotdog was vegan, she didn't know what I was talking about and seemed confused. The man who answered the phone when I called said the hotdog was vegan, but I think this needs to be clarified on the menu. The hot dog was fabulous, and I I took his word for it that it was vegan, even though it wasn't listed as vegan on the menu, but was listed as "veggie". Clarification and ingredients listed on the menu would be a good idea. This is a really well kept secret, and I wish I had found them on Happy Cow sooner!

Pros: Inexpensive, Fresh, Great Tasting

Cons: Not good atmosphere if eating inside, Vegan vs. Vegetarian needs clarified

Outstanding! - Edit

Valpo Viennas knocks it out of the park! Not only do they have vegan hotdogs, they also have an amazing veggie Italian Sausage. And no meal at Valpo Viennas is complete without an order of their Round-a-Bouts. They take a whole potato and drill it with a hand drill (you can watch, it's kind of cool), then deep-fry it to a beautiful golden brown crisp and sprinkle it with seasoned salt. If you can't finish your Round-a-Bouts, don't worry. They store very well and are just as good (if not better) the next day.

Valpo Viennas does everything right. Not only are their veggie dogs and veggie Italian Sausage top quality, the bun is soft, warm perfection - poppy seeds have never been so lucky. Order the toppings of your choice and you'll be in hot dog heaven.

Free street parking out front. They have a few tables inside or belly up to the counter.

Return to Valparaiso Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Valpo Viennas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.