V Street

Contact 215-278-7943

126 S 19th St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19103

Casual-nice vegan street food bar est. 2014 by the chefs/owners of Vedge and Horizon. Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Tue-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Fusion

First Review by rhebes01

Amazing - Edit

I went here a year ago and it remains one of my favourite restaurants in the world! Everything was delicious and even the things that sounded simple were incredible. Couldn't recommend more highly!

Pros: EVERYTHING IS DELICIOUS!!!, Everything!

great variety! lots of options - Edit

We had the shawarma, Korean tacos and Veracruzana. Everything was delicious and the service was excellent and relaxed atmosphere! What a great find ☺️

Pros: variety of flavors, well spiced & great flavors, excellent service

Fine Vegan Dining - Edit

I had lunch here with food that I never heard of, could not pronounce, and enjoyed immensely. The portion sizes are smaller than you'd expect but otherwise appropriate. I WISH I had more but that allowed me to order something else. I'm sure to visit again. Here is what I ordered:

LANGOS- smoked chioggia beets, dill, sauerkraut remoulade

PIRI PIRI TOFU - “shakshouka” sauce, avocado, chermoula

Their nonalcoholic drinks are unique and refreshing. They also serve cocktails, beer, and wine.

Pros: Taste/Flavor, ambience, Speed of service (lunch)

Cons: Price to portion size ratio

Flavor checked in here to stay for good. - Edit

If you know anyone who isn't willing to eat vegan food or says it doesn't taste good, bring them here. Non-veg*ns are big on flavor, fire and liquor, and all of those are here in spades. The plating is also phenomenal for such seemingly simple takes on street food. The lighting makes it all better, allowing for a cozy and intimate feeling to your meal. The seating is limited. The good thing about the seating is that there's a good selection of views from varying places- including people watching, the bar, and the open kitchen!

Really though, the food??? Hello, the food. Actually, you don't even need to try to greet or become familiar with the food. Your first bite will bring you into a swimmingly blissful state of, oh yes, I know this feeling, it's the feeling of comfort food... with a new twist. They are heavy on grilled food, but you don't have to have grilled mushrooms, peppers or tofu. They are heavy on Asian food, including the infamous dan dan noodles with the beautiful variety of flavorful mushrooms (they are the real treat!). There are also amazing interpretations of tacos (Asian fusion - not gluten free, though), french fries, salads and.... wait for it, soft serve ice cream.

If nothing else, vegans will flock to places with soft serve ice cream. They mix it up here, so it's not just plain vanilla or chocolate. You will be happy with their soft serve, but don't forget.... waffles as dessert? Yes, please.

This place is an amazing choice for a party of 3-4 people who are interested in sharing lots of small dishes. Because if you see what other tables order, you will want those dishes, too! The suggestion is to pick 3 small plates, one from Sticks, one from Market and one from Plates. However, once you add in liquor and drinks, you may not have room for dessert. SAVE room. You'll be happier if you do.

Pros: 100% vegan, Flavor-packed creativity, Small dishes = more variety

Cons: Slightly salty, No gluten-free markings

FAB food and great service!! - Edit

We ended up here because our other choice was noisy and crowded. We were SO happy!
Don't be daunted by the menu. We have eaten around the globe, but still didn't know all the ingredients. However, our server explained everything and we were amazed at the great tastes. Dishes are small and meant to be shared.
The beers and wine are good and cocktails are really interesting and tasty.
Please tell your server if you have any concerns about spice or allergies. They are very knowledgable about all dishes or will get you the info you need.
Perfect for a date, solo dining or a group meet up.
Great location, right off Rittenhouse Square. Will definitely go back.

Pros: Excellent flavors, Friendly Ambiance, Staff

Cons: Little Expensive, Not average choices

excellent and so flavorful! - Edit

This just opened last month (October '14) and is owned by the same couple who owns Vedge.
Loved it! There were four of us at my table and everyone agreed. For me the highlights were the smoked beets and carrot choripan...actually we ordered almost one of everything on the menu except the bowl dishes and were delighted. Will definitely return! Some dishes are spicy (for me who can't handle a ton of spice) so just ask your waiter.

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has V Street closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.