Italian
Catering
European
French
Gluten-free

Vegan restaurant serving Italian and European dishes including gluten-free. Also has hot drinks, desserts and organic wines. Est 2019. Relocated from 35 Rue Bonaparte. Open Wed-Sun 18:30-22:30. Closed Tues.

Venue map for Utopia
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by VeganEpicureTravel

SimoneMicallef1

Points +52

15 Feb 2024

Valentine Night in Nice

AMAZING!!! Special vegan menu for the night...beautifully displayed heart dishes...so elegant...and delicious... a real treat...We don't usually go out for Valentines night because everywhere charges double but in Nice for the first time so a great celebration and charming owners.You only live once! So glad we went! Xx

Alexeif

Points +32

14 Feb 2024

Bon mais hygiène douteuse

Pizzas bonnes mais nous avons eu la surprise de voir des cafards sur les murs juste derrière nous . Avec le prix proposé c’est un peu étonnant de voir ce genre d’insectes dans un restaurant

Abir-A-F-Moka

Points +23

07 Jan 2024

Super cuisine

Menu du nouvel an 2024 extraordinaire . Cuisine généreuse et savoureuse .

MissGaby

Points +495

31 Dec 2023

Perfect ⭐

Everything we had was just perfect!
The pizza, the gnocchi, the desserts!
Italian flavor on its best vegan version 🥰

LaurenLiane

Points +95

17 Dec 2023

Best pizza ever

An elegant restaurant with a lovely ambience and a plentiful vegan menu. One of the best pizzas I’ve tasted (even pre vegan) the mozerella is amazing! Wish I was hungry enough to have dessert

Pros: Options, Ambience

karls0

Points +42

06 Nov 2023

I need a sixth star for their pizza

It is an extremely nice restaurant with about 30 seats. If you like pizza - and who does not - this is your place. They offer a huge variety of pizzas and other italian food. My wife had a Margherita and I had a Diavolo and a Primavera (the next day) and they all were fabulous. Italian pizza at its best! The serve french and italian wines (italian only by the bottle) too. A selection of sweet deserts are there to seduce you. I had a fantastic banana split that nearly finished me up.
All the staff are really lovely, especially Ben who helps with all the difficult decisions you have to make. Hi, Ben! Many people seem to like the place, so you better send a SMS with your name, day, time and number of people in your party to get a table (if they don't pick up the phone).

Pros: everything is delicious, very friendly! English spoken, only open on 3 evenings-otherwise I would explode

Cons: only open on three evenings

Aga2306

Points +81

30 Oct 2023

As expected

From the reviews and fb posts I expected a good quality food and was not disappointed.
I got pieces of soy in a good sauce with baked potatoes and tasty mayonnaise, my friend had a seasonal dish with baked pumpkin, mushrooms, kind of falafel skewers and a lot of salad.
For dessert I had their delicious tiramisu. Everything was yummy and the staff friendly.

Ergodyne

Points +18

27 Oct 2023

Good italian vegan

The food is good, the pizzas, pastas and desserts are pretty authentic to what you’d find in Italy. It’s not outstanding but it’s nice to have a proper italian vegan restaurant in Nice. A bit on the pricier side.
I remove 1 star for the 1.5e fee for tap water. They say it’s filtered to justify it but it still is illegal in France to make people pay for tap water, filtered or not, especially since they don’t mention it.

Pros: Good pizza, Vegan tiramisu

Cons: Have to pay for “filtered” tap water

EmilyHacker

Points +28

21 Oct 2023

Amazing vegan pizza

Utopia is such a cute spot with a lot of seating indoors. We got there right when they opened and so we were able to get a seat, but they had asked us if we had a reservation which makes me think at busier times it might be needed.

The menu was very extensive with lots of pastas and pizzas. I ordered the Contadina pizza and it was so good that I briefly stopped eating to double check that the place was fully vegan haha (which is of course is!). Definitely one of the most delicious vegan pizzas I've ever had. The crust was spectacular and the cheese had incredible texture.

Milliez

Points +142

15 Oct 2023

Unfriendly staff and disappointing dishes

Unpleasant and ironic service on several occasions
Disappointing and expensive dishes

PennyAllyson

Points +147

14 Oct 2023

Not my favorite, though I wanted it to be

I felt unwelcome there. My salad was unceremoniously plopped in front of me. In comparison, the man next to me had a lovely salad piled High with beautiful vegetables. It was supposed to come in a pizza dough bread bowl, but wasn't. I won't return

The"flan" was more of a tart. It was thin and heavy. I do not recommend it

I don't usually do negative reviews but we have this place 2 chances. I will note that my husband liked it fine. But I was very uncomfortable there. Judge for yourself.

Pros: The flavors in the salad were fairly good

Cons: It wasn't presented well in the bowl, I felt unwelcome compared to other guests

corp1143

Points +58

08 Oct 2023

Vegan italian!

Expensive for pizza but so great to find a vegan italian! Pizzas are big and go a bit heavy on topping (especially cheese) so you could probably share one. We ended up taking half away.
The cheese is homemade and really tasty but too runny so we had to eat pizza with knife and fork.
The polpette were amazing (even toddler liked them!) - worth sharing a pizza to make room for these as a starter!
We didn't manage to try a dessert as we'd already had far too much food.
Really friendly Italian staff.
Bill was more than 80 eur for 3 pizzas (Incl 1 Margherita), polpette and 2 drinks. We hadn't booked but went early so there was plenty of room.

Pros: Tasty Italian food, Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive, Large portions (could also be a pro!)

andrealmeid

Points +70

04 Oct 2023

Fancy vegan restaurant with many options

They have a lot of pizza and dishes options, and when I was there they had like 4 different cheesecakes. They do most of the stuff like cheese in house, it's really tasty and the combinations make a lot of sense. It was the only place around that I could find vegan pizza with cheese.

Libra77

Points +2680

30 Sep 2023

Excellent service

Quite a large restaurant with plenty of indoor seating. I hadn’t booked but they were able to fit me in. I received a lovely warm welcome from the staff and they couldn’t have been more helpful. It’s a huge menu, so many different options. I understand they make nearly everything in house, including the mozzarella cheese. I had a pizza (chick’n and sweet potato). It was absolutely huge! The base and the mozzarella were absolutely perfect, but there was way too much topping and the chick’n was very hard and dry. The staff noticed I’d left a lot of the chick’n and asked for genuine feedback, they had been trying a new product and wanted customers views. I think it says a lot when businesses really seem interested in listening to customer feedback. I was lucky enough to get the last crème brûlée and I’m still dreaming about it now! Wish I could’ve returned again during my stay in Nice to try some of the other menu choices.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-19

Jessylin

Points +130

24 Sep 2023

Utopia ticks all the boxes

It only happens very rarely, but sometimes everything's just right. The food, the service, the ambiance, the price. Utopia is definitely our new favourite restaurant (shame we don't live closer)

Pros: Amazing food, Service , Ambiance

Suzieg

Points +486

23 Sep 2023

Vegan pizza and pasta

It was great to find a totally vegan Italian in Nice, however the food was a little disappointing. We ordered a potato croquettes entree which came as fries with ketchup, when queried this was said to be the correct dish so we were very disappointed. The pizzas were big but quite stodgy. Great to have vegan cheese which was a rarity in the south of France but overall it missed the mark.

Pros: Vegan cheese and faux meats available

Cons: Expensive

freakytree

Points +32

19 Sep 2023

Insane!!

Incredible selection of totally Italian food. When my non-vegan father was happy. Delicious pizzas with one of the best pizza bases I've ever tried and an insanely good tomato sauce. We shared the polpetti to start and we all went quiet because it was so good. The cheese alternative they use is one of the best I've ever tried, I believe it's made in house. Really recommend!

NatalieMorel

Points +53

13 Sep 2023

The dream ! where vegan meet Italia:)

perfect and such a smart combinaison, vegan x italian:) the food was really good and had the best lemonade ever too. highly recommend. Also had a cheescake not the best i had but was good too. I need an utopia at home! :)

atlantajules

Points +68

09 Sep 2023

Even non-vegans in our group loved it

Delicious food in a nice atmosphere. We were two couples, and enjoyed the polpette appetizer, multiple pastas and salads. I had the pachetti pasta which was nice but my husband had the tagliatelle with porcini and his was even better. Our friend also had the tagliatelle and remarked that it was the best meal he'd had in Nice. Many options for everyone. We didn't have room for dessert but will save room next time! Highly recommend.

Nicola1111

Points +901

09 Sep 2023

Amazing Italian food

We had a pizza and the 4 different calzone dish. The portions are too big, I wanted to try dessert but there's no way I could have. The menu is huge so loads to choose from. The 'meats' they use are really good.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-09

Cons: Portions are huge!

GrahamMacnish

Points +102

06 Sep 2023

Excellent Pizzas

2 had pizzas, 2 had the plate of 4 calzone. Amazing tastes, great service. Definitely recommend

Pros: Pizza, Pizza, Pizza 😉

kimshea

Points +54

30 Aug 2023

amazing italian

fan of fake cheese? this place is for you! it wasn’t our first choice but that’s were we ended up and NO REGRETS! didn’t get a pick of all the plates but it’s classic italian with entrée, first plate and second plate, tho for two it’s all shareable! we’re stuffed!

GiovannaD

Points +103

25 Aug 2023

Amazing!

Amazing vegan restaurant! The food was delicious! For starters we had Polpette con Salsa di Pomodoro - which was delicious - then we had one pizza each (one Capricciosa and one Salsiccia Beyond Meat). They're big enough so you can share but we didn't know. They kindly packed it for us to take away - they're still great the next day... best breakfast possible. We had cannoli for dessert which can also be shared (4 pieces). The staff was very friendly and spoke English and Italian as well.

Pros: Tasty, Plenty of options , Friendly staff

SophieWoods

Points +160

24 Aug 2023

Amazing food!

Couldn't believe this place wasn't already on happy cow! Fully vegan italian restaurant a few steps away from the bustling old town of nice. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. I got a gnocchi with a cheesy sauce and vegetables. It came out super hot and was delicious. My friend got a four corner calzone which had different flavours in each one (vegan sausage, margarita, vegetables and vegan speck) she loved it. It was totally worth the price and I am so sad I didn't get to try the Nutella pizza! Would highly recommend!

Pros: Food!, Staff, Service

Cons: None!

m.kruijer

Points +75

17 Aug 2023

Niet wat we hadden verwacht

Gezien de goede reviews gingen we hier graag eten. Het restaurant ziet er mooi uit en de bediening is aardig. Het voorgerecht (cheeseplatter) was erg lekker en al vrij vullend. Het hoofdgerecht (pizza) viel enorm tegen. De pizza was erg groot (veel bodem/zout deeg) en er zat erg veel zout in de bodem, tomatensaus en ook de toppings. We hebben maar een klein deel kunnen eten voor het ons tegen stond. Om ons heen zagen we dat er ook veel eten werd teruggestuurd, wat erg zonde is van het voedsel. We hadden geen trek meer in een toetje. We zagen in de vitrine dat die ook erg groot waren. Al met al hebben we er helaas niet zo lekker gegeten.
Tips: maak een kleine, dunne bodem en maak de pizza's veel minder zout. Dan komen we zeker terug om het nog een keer te proberen!

Pros: Lekkere vegan kaas, Veel keuze

Cons: Porties veel te groot, Eten te zout

lacostaway

Points +30

14 Aug 2023

Fantastico

Il cibo era veramente ottimo, e il personale super gentile.
Finalmente un ristorante italiano e vegano come si deve.

charandjosh

Points +1215

12 Aug 2023

Friendly staff with excellent quality food.

A little pricier than other vegan restaurants we’ve tried, but the quality of the food was so worth it. We had the coconut and the tomato meatball starters. The flavour in the coconuts bowl was so refreshing (served cold).

Then for main we had the mixed calzone and the cannelloni. Again, both were superb. The cannelloni is smaller in size, but still very filling. The calzone came as four huge slices and each had great flavour combinations.

Pros: Variety. , Staff. , Flavour.

Cons: Price.