Uru-Swati

Contact 773-262-5280

2629 W Devon Ave, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60659

Indian cuisines from the North, South, and West Indian regions, as well as chaat. Open Mon 11:30am-9:30pm, Wed-Thu 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:30pm, Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering

First Review by SynthVegan

Good Indian food, with questions about veganity - Edit

I went there for lunch on a Monday. I had planned on going to Arya Bhavan down the road, but they're not open for lunch on a Monday. The restaurant was about half full. Service is a little slow. The menu does not mark items as vegan, and the waiter seemed a little iffy on what is and isn't vegan. In the end, I did end up with most likely vegan food that was pretty tasty. I got the 2-foot giant dosa, filled with potatoes, plus a starter of samosas. The food was very tasty, and the prices are on the lower end: The bill was 13 dollars for everything, and I was completely stuffed. Would go again.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Large amount of food

Cons: Vegan items not marked

Vegetarian Indian Diner - Edit

We visited this restaurant around 8 on a Friday night and found that it was about half full. They do take-out and delivery, and at first it was a little unclear whether there was a wait person or we should order at the counter, but they do have regular table service, though it wasn't the most attentive. The menu is large and reasonably priced, and the dishes are more or less the same as the vegetarian options you would expect at other Indian restaurants in Chicago. The restaurant is also BYOB, so that makes it even more reasonably-priced, if you like to have wine or beer. The food, however, wasn't as good as I'm used to getting from my favorite Indian restaurants. There wasn't anything wrong with it--except for a too-pithy piece of okra--but it just wasn't as tasty. Eventually, I'd like to try all the vegetarian Indian restaurants on Devon, but I haven't been to any of the others yet, and so I can't compare. I did really like that Uru Swati is completely vegetarian, but I think it has some room for improvement.

Pros: BYOB, Low prices

Cons: Inattentive service, Mediocre food

One of the best on Devon! - Edit

My boyfriend and I were on our way to try one of the various Indian restaurants on Devon, but before we got to the restaurant we went there for, we came across Uru-Swati. There was a big sign that said 100% pure vegetarian, it was really nice looking so we chose to go there instead.

We made a great decision because the food was so amazing! They even listened to me when I asked for it Indian spicy. We really liked the decor and felt that it was more inviting than some of the other places (on Devon) that we had been to. We got an appetizer, two entrees, and naan; I was shocked to see that our bill was only $21! Wow! This is now among my top Indian places to eat at on Devon.

Pros: 100% Veg!

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Uru-Swati closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1971 times since Aug 2009.