Urth Caffe - Downtown Los Angeles

• Veg-friendly
Contact 213-797-4534

451 S Hewitt St (at 5th, Arts District of downtown), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90013

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several locations in LA. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, organic coffees and teas. Plenty choices for vegetarians but very limited vegan food though there is usually a vegan chocolate cake on offer. Casual, trendy, urban atmosphere. Open daily.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Jenoe

Great coffee but no vegan food I like - Edit

Once or twice Yrs ago they made me a great vegggie sandwhich on sourdough but when I tried it again it was disappointing. The vegan cake is way too dense. Pls stop calling the vegan choc chip cookie the World's Best, it is far, far from that. I admire their consciousness in the coffee dept, but to be really conscious, it ought to carry thru on the menu, there ought to be LOTS of vegan options, and there aren't. But nice decor & concept.

Pros: organic, fair trade coffee, nice atmosphere, efficient staff, good mgmt

Cons: next to no vegan options, the options they have are poor, vegan desserts are poor

Pretty ok - Edit

Pretty good, though few vegan options in the way of food. The one sandwich that could be vegan was tasty, and the cookie was ok. The service was great, and I like the ambiance, so vegans, consider this place for hanging out and having coffee, but maybe go somewhere else to eat.

Great Food, Counter-Order and waiter delivered - Edit

I went the Urth Caffe on Melrose Avenue while on vacation. This is a great little place with really tasty food. I ordered the mediterranean plate with "grilled artichokes, feta cheese, grape leaves, hummus, tabouli, roasted peppers and mixed olives garnished with mint, basil and pure olive oil served with pita bread" We had to wait in a line to order our food, and luckily the wait staff found us an available table out on the sidewalk. The wait staff also delivered our drinks and food and were there to get anything else if necessary. It was packed with a lunchtime crowd on a weekday and we ended up sitting pretty close to other diners, but really worth it. Here is a link to the menu: http://www.sporq.com/westhollywood/urthcaffe/8565melroseave?view=zoom

Pros: Great vegetarian Food

Cons: narrow seating arrangments

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Urth Caffe - Downtown Los Angeles closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1830 times since Feb 2009.