Italian
French
Nordic

Small vegan restaurant in the central Latin quarter with view of the old neighborhood. Seats upstairs of Atlas Bar (same owner). Offer 3-course menu of classic French and Italian dishes, with Nordic flavor. Open Tue-Sat 18:00-22:00.

Venue map for Urten
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Khow22

LiseJK

Points +79

21 Feb 2024

So flavorful

We tasted all three courses and lived every bit. Incredibly flavorful and very good combination of textures.

Pros: Flavorful, Very friendly staff, Beautifully presented

ElenaaaRaynova

Points +279

17 Feb 2024

Interesting menu, nice staff

I've been to Urten a couple of times and the food has always been tasty and nicely presented. On some occasions, I've liked the food more than on others, but I guess that is to be expected. The staff has always been super nice and welcoming. The wine selection is also good.

The restaurant itself is cozy, inconspicuous, could use some freshening up. The bathroom is also not great with no hand towels by default and water down soap, apart from being super old and worn out.

LiseThomsen

Points +50

15 Feb 2024

Definitely needs some improvement

We went for the 3 course menu.
First we had some bread with some kind of herb butter which was super nice. I had an apple/thyme lemonade and my boyfriend had rhubarb juice and those drinks were also very good! ❤️
Now when it comes to the food we were actually very disappointed since the way they present their food looks like fine dining but unfortunately the taste was not at that level.

As a starter we had a salt baked beetroot with wasabi pearls some mustard seeds and Jerusalem artichoke chips. The dish was decent but very small.

The main course consisted of half a parsnip which had just been baked therefore it didn't have much taste, a "baked" piece of leak that was raw and completely impossible to chew and also it was fridge cold which doesn't fit nicely on an otherwise hot dish. Finally the main course had a savoy cabbage "package" filled with some potato and lentil stew, here the stew was too salty and they had used the outer tough layer of the cabbage.

For dessert we had a cold piece of carrot cake with some buttercream, caramelized pecan nuts and a salted caramel sauce. The buttercream and pecans were nice but the cake didn't taste very fresh and the caramel was too salty.

Normally I would rather tell them at the restaurant but because the waiters never asked how the food was, I didn't.

All in all we definitely expected something nicer especially because it looks like they want to be seen as a more "fine dining" restaurant but unfortunately they need to improve and prioritize the taste more than the plating. Improvement could be done with little effort and I hope the best for the place because we need more vegan fine dining restaurants in Denmark.

Lastly I want to mention that the toilet was not good either, it was super small and didn't look the nicest. You also had to wait in a line in the hallway which was colder than it was outside.

Pros: Cosy interior , Nice drinks

Cons: Not the best food , The toilet was not decent , Service could improve

Peder

Points +350

01 Jan 2024

Superb experience

Urten is a small cozy restaurant with a good and unpretentious atmosphere. The service was very friendly and attentive. The food was a great experience for both the sense of taste and the sense of sight.

Additional visit:
We enjoyed a good Christmas menu at Urten. The food was a pleasure for the palate as well as for the eyes. The service was pleasant and friendly and the place has a good atmosphere. We would love to come again.

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-01

EmdotAlice

Points +3001

21 Dec 2023

A special vegan Danish meal

I came here as a solo diner and they gave me a nice little window spot. The staff were very kind and friendly here. I got the lox starter and main x-mas special and it came with bread as well. These were vegan versions of Danish seasonal foods: squash herring, peacefish, tartare, lemon caviare, a mushroom pattie. I’ve never had these foods before so I don’t know how they compare to the real thing, but it felt very special to get to share these traditions in a vegan way. 🥹 Thank you, Urten!

AnneMarit

Points +167

11 Dec 2023

Lots of good food

At Urten you get a full plate for every course. Incredibly tasty food throughout the evening, and I was absolutely stuffed by the end. I absolutely love that they work with the seasons and provide a new tasty menu every month.

One of my favourite restaurants in København and I'll definitely come back!

Note: we ate here in June 2023

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-11

Pros: Incredibly tasty food, Healthy portions, Very friendly staff

Stargazing.Fairy

Points +275

14 Nov 2023

Amazing atmosphere ✨

It is such a cute little place with the loveliest staff 🙏❤️ It is perfect for a romantic night out ❤️🥰🔥 The menu is quite small but I think they change it according to the season 🌱 A little bit to the expensive side but definitely worth it 🤗 Will go again!

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-14

alastaira

Points +29

Vegetarian
21 Oct 2023

Vegan haute cuisine

This is the place if you want vegan haute cuisine in Copenhagen. With apple caviar!

SophieHu

Points +248

26 Sep 2023

Absolutely delightful

This place has a single option each for starter, main course, and dessert. You can order either two or three dishes, and I highly recommend getting all three because every single thing is delicious.

Lizette98

Points +69

08 Jul 2023

Delicious

Delicious and tasteful food

caracola41

Points +86

02 Jul 2023

Wholesome food and lovely atmosphere

I go to urten when I want to treat myself. I feel their strength is to take a "simple" recipe and make it absolutely delicious. They also change the menu each month, making it exciting for returning customers. The non-alcoholic drinks pairing is outstanding 💚

BexDavison

Points +121

04 Jun 2023

Amazing set menu

We loved our meal here on our first night in Copenhagen. It’s a set menu that changes every month. I wouldn’t have picked the dishes we had if they’d been on a menu so was so glad we were given them as they were super delicious! Would 100% be the first place I’d return if we went back to Copenhagen!

sivvyb

Points +837

12 May 2023

Great affordable vegan restaurant!

I tried a lot of vegan food and Copenhagen and Urten was definitely my favourite. The food is delicious and good value. There is a set menu that changes seasonally. You can choose to go with either 2 or 3 courses.

Pros: Delicious food , Good value

rikkesbjerg

Points +58

06 May 2023

Best vegan dining experience

The best vegan restaurant in Copenhagen by far. The menu (which changes everything month) is always tasty, experimenting, fun and full of flavor!
The staff is super sweet (make sure to leave tips) and the place is super cute. A must go to when in Copenhagen😄

Pros: Monthly menu, Flavorful, Cute place

ju_no_hands

Points +327

22 Apr 2023

Casual fine dining

This restaurant combines a casual atmosphere with fine dining. We had the three-course dinner and all the dishes were amazing. The composition of flavours, preparation of fresh ingredients and presentation of the dishes were great. Staff were friendly and attentive, too. Naturally, the portion sizes and the price reflected the effort that was put into each dish as well as the location in central Copenhagen.

Pros: Fully vegan, Monthly changing menu, Very delicious

MariaKristinaIngege

Points +124

19 Mar 2023

Food and atmosphere 5+++++

This place is my kind of place! This restaurant has it all, a relaxed and cozy atmosphere with fun and very flavorful food. We got the three course menue and it was perfect. Not too expensive either.
Couldn’t recommend it any higher!

Pros: Excellent flavors, Great atmosphere in a historic building, Friendly and very helpful staff

Cons: Small space (but a plus that it didn’t it)

SamFinlayson

Points +171

19 Mar 2023

Creative vegan cuisine

We had a fixed menu, so I didn't see a complete example of the variety of dishes. The food was well presented and delicious. Ambiance is intimate and warm, not fancy.

Pros: Creative menu, Nice presentation

AmandineBertrand

Points +27

10 Dec 2022

Excellent

Nice Christmas menu

Pros: 100% vegan, Very nice Christmas menu

Cons: Expensive

E&J

Points +64

10 Dec 2022

Our favourite spot in Copenhagen

This restaurant is me and my boyfriend favourite restaurant in Copenhagen. We visit so often we can, so we can try there shifting menus. The staff is always so sweet and in a good mood, and you are never disappointed in their creative way of making a new, fully vegan, menu 🍃
The price is not that expensive for a three course menu, especially compared to other more fine dining experiences around Copenhagen❤️

Greenbeans123

Points +34

04 Dec 2022

Tasty and Unique

Very rich and tasty food - we opted for 2 courses, a starter and a main (the Christmas Plate) and the 2 glass wine serving selection to go with these.
The restaurant is cozy but it is a bit cramped and could do with a refresh.
As lovely as the food was, it was expensive for very small portion sizes and we had to eat again about an hour after we left.

Pros: Tasty food, Cozy space

Cons: Small portion sizes

G.Aagaard

Points +20

26 Nov 2022

Lækkert og smagsfuldt

Virkelig lækkert og venligt personale

DrinkNature

Points +100

Mostly Veg
25 Nov 2022

Can’t wait to go back to Copenhagen to eat here!

We were here in 2018 and we have been raving ever since. The variety of food is perfect. The attention to detail, combination of ingredients, presentation, amiable staff, and location is one of the best we have been to IN THE WORLD. So pleased they survived the worst of the pandemic. Would return to Copenhagen to eat HERE. Whether you are vegan, or just want a healthy meal and a break from animal protein, you must do yourself a favour and eat here.

Pros: Variety , Ingredients , Friendly

Cons: Not one

Rosmunda

Points +91

07 Nov 2022

Love this place

Cozy and warm restaurant, friendly staff and great food. Great ingredients and good-quality food.

Cammywammy

Points +30

29 Oct 2022

I want to go back!

I would go back to Copenhagen just to eat at this restaurant again. It’s been years, but I still vividly remember the insanely good 4-course meal I had. The owner & chef was so kind & absolutely brilliant!

Pros: Multi course French gourmet!!!, Small & cozy, Next level goodness

Johoney

Points +95

27 Oct 2022

Beautifully arranged and delicious!

Great food & great service! Quick, tasty and beautifully arranged.

Updated from previous review on 2022-10-27

HarrietPage

Points +257

06 Oct 2022

Super rich food, recommend

The flavours were amazing, especially the mushroom mayo 😍 very rich tastes. Generous portions and fair prices, I paid £45 for three courses plus a rhubarb juice. Recommend for sure.

Pros: All vegan, New menu every month , Worth every penny

alohias

Points +106

01 Oct 2022

Awesome Dinner

Great three course menu. Cosy atmosphere