CLOSED: URBN Culture

• ( 19 reviews )

252, Sec. 2, Keelung Rd, Da'an District, Taipei, Taiwan, 106

Restaurant and bar serving American style vegetarian food plus craft beer on tap, since 2016. Has English menu. Offers brunch items til 5pm in addition to other choices like veggie burgers and grilled sandwiches with fries on the side, salads, and bowls. Vegan items/options are marked with green icon. Prices are moderate to slightly high. Street culture inspired urban decor. Near Liuzhangli MRT station. Reported closed, Nov 2020. Kitchen stops 1 hour before closing.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Beer/Wine

First Review by Citizen Wren

ZoraStewart

Points +107

12 Mar 2020

One of my go to restaurants

I love their sweet and sour tempeh bowl, pulled “pork” (mushroom) sandwich, pumpkin soup, and kimchi veg burger! All vegetarian and vegan food. I love going in person but also often order delivery from them through FoodPanda. If you’re in the mood for good vegetarian or vegan western food, this is a great choice although it’s a bit pricey by Taiwan standards.

RickardNilsson

Points +22

11 Feb 2020

Amazing

Had dinner here and a few drinks and the vegan food was absolutely amazing, sadly my last night in Taiwan but if i would come back i would really go back here.
The 9% beer was the best Taiwanese beer ive had here aswell

sarahzee

Points +898

05 Dec 2019

Delicious!

Love everything here! The food is delicious, beautiful space, lovely staff. All of the food is really great, but some of my favourites are the pulled mushroom sandwich, tempeh "chicken wings", and the wontons. Lots of vegan dishes or dishes that can be easily made vegan. I always enjoy my meals here and will definitely keep going back!

itravelforveganfood

Points +1824

20 Sep 2019

Delicious food and Modern, Hip Decor

Read more in this vegan Taipei guide: https://itravelforveganfood.com/vegan-taipei-guide/

Although not the most vegan-friendly restaurant on this list, URBN Culture impresses with high quality food and modern, hip decor.

A few minute walk from Liuzhangli Station, this restaurant has a large graffiti on a wall at the front of the shop that is unmissable. Inside is an eclectic mix of colorful reclaimed wood, painted brick wall and more graffiti, creating a modern and cool atmosphere. You will also find an array of craft beer tab behind the bar.

URBN Culture is a vegetarian restaurant. The vegan items are marked with a green leaf symbol on the menu.

The most memorable dish is the Korean inspired kimchi burger. It features kimchi, bean and grain patty, mayo, alfalfa, and other veggies in the whole wheat burger bun. It’s unique and delicious. The chips are great too. Perfectly crispy and adequately seasoned.

You will also find other classic western dishes like pasta and sandwiches here. I wish the vegan option can be more extensive, especially for their brunch and dessert sections.

Pros: Delicious food especially kimchi burger with fries, Great decor and good service

Cons: Could have more vegan options

greenet09

Points +132

03 Sep 2019

One of the best veggie burgers in Taipei

The “Mexican” burger is one of the best I’ve ever had in Taiwan. Cool decor and ambience. A little pricey for the portions, however go ahead and Treat yo’self. the mushroom “pulled pork” sandwich is also quite good. My non-vegan friend really enjoyed his meal here.

Pros: Beer on tap

MichaelRobinson

Points +1952

08 Aug 2019

Heavenly Wings

I was here at christmas & now I'm back just for these tempeh buffalo wings, oh my dog these are so [censored] good. You get 4 large vegan tempeh wings (enough for two to share) in a delicious sauce with a ranch dip, they are amazing, so good I will be popping back tomorrow before heading to the airport which is conveniently on the same metro line. The burgers here are also great & the fries are super tasty & crispy.

Pros: Vegan tempeh buffalo wings, Cool interior

Chia

Points +3635

13 Jul 2019

Good Flavors

Was here July 2019. Saw this place listed on happycow and gave it a try. Here's my URBN Culture review. The menu is very American with burgers, fries, brunch foods, and grilled sandwiches. The vibe is urban street like with lots of colors and art. We shared a grilled vegetables sandwich (w/pesto), a tempeh balsalmic salad, and the house veggie burger with carmelized onion. Everything was very flavorful and tasty, though I would suggest to get have your salad dressing on the side. Fries that came with the entrees were hot and yummy. Prices are similar to US prices.

Shanticlare

Points +270

12 Jul 2019

Flavorful

At this place I ate a delicious grilled veggie sandwich and I drank the cucumber mint lime juice. Although the food was really salty I still thought the food was good.

Pros: Lots of things can be made vegan.

denn

Points +553

09 Mar 2019

Expensive but one of the best

Really liked the burger I got there and it was filling enough to satisfy me

Cons: Expensive

escapement

Points +128

05 Oct 2018

Very cool!

Relaxed atmosphere, cool music and minimalist ambiance.

Pros: Vegan options clear, Craft beers, Western options

Cons: A bit expensive

jessika311

Points +1045

13 Aug 2018

One of my favorite restaurants

I’ve never been disappointed eating at Urbn Culture. Everything is tasty and the atmosphere is lovely. It’s loved by vegans and omnis alike. I’ve done take away/delivery (food panda) a few times and would highly recommend eating in instead. Some dishes can easily be made vegan and they’ll swap cheese with avocado for free. Huge points there in my book!

Pros: Willing to swap vegetarian dishes to vegan if pos, Loyalty card to earn points

VickyHsu

Points +15

27 May 2018

Nice Food and Beer, great atmosphere here!

Love the BBQ pulled pork sandwich and Vegan Bolognese pasta!
Have craft beer and cocktails.
Music is good!

RevitalGolan

Points +16

23 Jan 2018

Cool place

Cool place with nice decor.
Over priced for what it gives.

Pros: Cool interior , Friendly staff, Nice display of dishes

Cons: Price, Food, Load music

Han-ChiYang

Points +136

22 Jan 2018

Good food

Nice food, Nice ambulance makes everything!! you can stay here for the whole afternoon!! It's not the best place in Taipei but not bad!

Dragonfruit.Princess

Points +55

23 Jul 2017

Good Western Food

I've been here several times, and they really do serve up some wicked good burgers, pasta dishes, and a yummy tofu scramble for breakfast. It's a bit sad however, that my vegan options are still rather limited, and I hope that's something they're looking to change.

The vibe is cool - it's an open place, perfect for a large group. Sometimes I've stumbled in on a live music set, or DJ playing, and there's always a lot of people.

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-23

Pros: Great delivery service, Good Western food, Chill vibe

Cons: Animal products with vegan options, a bit pricey

rkfong

Points +113

22 May 2017

omg

Sooooooo good omg. Pricy but worth

LilacHippy

Points +9212

06 Apr 2017

Most Fantastic Place in Taipei City

I have visited a few places in Taipei City now but this place has definitely been my favourite. It is a shame they are not fully vegan but that would be my only fault. The vegan food is amazing and reasonably priced and they also have craft beers and Sangria. They have a variety of main meals and vegan desserts too. A super funky vibe makes it a great place to chill for a whole evening. Staff are nice, great service, all round win.

Pros: Great food, Great vibe, Reasonable prices

Cons: Not fully vegan

karvian

Points +40

02 Jan 2017

Great restaurant!

Got eggplant-chickpeas salad, it was wonderful and the size was just right

Pros: Tasty food

Citizen Wren

Points +283

Mostly Veg
25 Nov 2016

great find

I'm really glad this is in the neighborhood. Good food, nice beers, hip atmosphere. We ran up a big tab trying too many beers but the food is reasonably priced, most entrees were around $300 I believe. I'll be going back.

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has URBN Culture closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.