Urban House

+45-33232929

Colbjørnsensgade 11, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1652

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hostel restaurant and bar behind the central station. Offers vegan burgers and sandwiches, cocktails and local beer. Has a vegan sausage for dogs. Open Mon-Sun 2:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: American, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Miio Seppaenen

does the job - Edit

We arrived late to a hotel nearby and wanted a quick something to eat before bed.

This place has burgers and sandwiches or a chicken ceaser salad.

I went for the vegan burger which you could have with chips and asked for a side salad. There are (as far as I could tell) 2 vegan alternatives for the burger which was a fried (I think) potatoey vegetabley combo with sweet corn). You could have this either with avocado, hummus and tomatoe or with relish, lettuce, mustard and ketchup.

I asked for a side salad ... I should've been clearer and asked for an additional salad on the side; instead I got the burger laid out not piled together incase I was allergic to something.

The staff were functional, just doing their jobs and having fun together.

They served my husbands burger in a plastic tray piled with chips also which made it very difficult to eat; he asked for a plate and was told they don't usually give out plates. He pushed and explained he wasn't able to eat it without one so they gave him a plate.

The cutlery is all plastic.

The food tasted fine but I wasn't enamoured with the place, it did the job for us in that it fed us but I won't go back in a hurry.

nice burger, good value - Edit

This is a nice hostel bar, was very busy when we arrived but we found a table easily. The burger is a 'garden' style and there are a choice of toppings, with the avocado and hummus one being the obvious choice with a veggie burger. It's a simple meal but huge portion sizes and reasonably priced for central Copenhagen.

Best Hostel Ever!! - Edit

I found out there were vegan food options once I arrived to the hostel and was pleasantly surprised. They have a vegan sandwich they sell throughout the day that only costs 35kr, has hummus, beetroot, lettuce and sun-dried tomatoes and is really big and tasty! They also had a vegan burger for dinner at 80kr with avocado but I didn't get to try that. Soy milk is also available.
The staff is really friendly and the hostel itself is incredible! The atmosphere is great and the facilities are all new and clean.

Pros: 2 vegan food options, Soy milk available, Great staff and atmosphere

Cons: Burger only sold after 5

Good food - Edit

They used to have hot dogs (which were really good) with fries and a choice of toppings. Now they have changed the hot dog to a burger instead, that I guess is home made from vegetables, because it wasn't that firm and a bit sloppy, but still okay/good with the toppings on and nice fries on the side. They also have a huge sandwich with hummus for like only 30 DKK, with is pretty cheap.

Pros: That they have vegan options on the meny, Good fries, Nice choice of toppings

Cons: The sloppy and not firm burger

stay at urban house hotel - Edit

I was staying in Urban House for few nights and the place has really nice atmosphere, one of the coziest places Ive been in with quality rooms and decorations in the common places.

So all in all nice place to stay anyway and as vegan you can get some food from the lobby/bar in the morning and the evening. They have plant based milk for coffee. If you stay in the hotel there is well equipped kitchen as well.

Updated from previous review on Sunday April 10, 2016

Pros: kind staff, vegan options in hotel bar, nice atmosphere in the common rooms

Cons: breakfast sandwich, not else

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Urban House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.