Upland Brewing Company

Contact 812-336-2337

350 W 11th St, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, 47404

Serves meat, vegan options available. Brew pub. Menu has vegetarian choices including a seitan Philly cheese, black bean burger, meatless loaf sandwich, mushroom pasta, stuffed shells, veggie gyro. Reported using a segregated vegetarian fryer to prevent contamination. Vegans could get the portobello mushroom pizza or seitan tenderloin (bun has milk in it, so ask for multigrain ciabatta bun), coconut tofu or southwest tofu salad, spicy tofu tacos, portobello sandwich, vegetarian chili. Specify vegan to be sure. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-1:00am.

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by RReto

Vegan options vastly improved - Edit

There were several items on the menu that were vegan, or could easily be made vegan. I had the spicy tofu tacos, and just substituted guacamole instead of the chipotle cream. My mom had the seitan sandwich, and the server upon hearing we were vegan, knew enough to tell us she would switch to vegan bread. Other options were sriracha hummus, and I saw a wrap that would be vegan without the feta. There was a black bean burger, but I didn't ask if it contained egg.

So tasty - Edit

The food is delicious but since you have to ask the server for current selections I'm gonna just give it 3 stars. I usually get the seitan tenderloin and ask for a vegan bun. I also usually take my own vegan mayonnaise (Just Mayo by Hampton Creek) since they don't offer any.

Updated from previous review on Thursday April 03, 2014

Pros: Very tasty

Cons: You need to ask the server

vegan unfriendly - Edit

despite having a menu filled with vegetarian items, including seitan, tofu, and a veggie burger the only vegan item they could provide was french fries and a limp salad.

Pros: lacto-ovo items

Cons: no vegan items

Not vegan friendly - Edit

Upland Brewery might be vegetarian-friendly but it's definitely not vegan-friendly. Tofu and seitan are breaded with egg and I think none of the courses on the menu are vegan. They did make me a vegan dish when I asked, but the tofu tasted weird. Good beer though!

Long time favorite - Edit

We eat here once or twice a week; lifetime "Mug Club" members. Besides awesome beers, they really offer a lot for us vegetarians. Nachos, Hummus plate, spinach/artichoke dip, fried green tomatoes (dedicated vegetarian fryer, by the way; does a bang up job on the brewery fries), black bean burgers with various fixin's, seitan philly cheese, tenderloin, schnitzel, country fried seitan, pasta dishes, veggie kabobs, usually one of the dinner specials is veggie....Great place! I would give 5 Happy Cows but can't because it's not veg-only.

Pros: plenty of options, delicious food, BEER!

Cons: sometimes slow, don't be in a hurry, don't go on game night

Return to Bloomington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Upland Brewing Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.