CLOSED: Up Country Bakery and Cafe

• Veg-friendly

Contact 808-323-2253

82-6127 Mamalahoa Hhwy (at Big Island), Captain Cook, Hawaii, USA, 96704

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan friendly cafe. The pastry case includes a row of vegan baked goods. The handmade New York style bagels are vegan, and one vegan non-dairy spread is offered. Also has acai bowls, vegan pancake, a black bean burger, Tofutti sour cream and vegan sheese for burrito/tacos/nachos. Soy milk and almond milk available for organic Kona coffee drinks. Has Wi-Fi. Hosts a monthly movie night where vegan pupus is serves, and a vegan "gentle aloha feast" every other month - see website for schedule. DEC 2013 MOVED TO KAILUA-KONA AND RENAMED EVOLUTION.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by RandiLV

Great Find! - Edit

We ventured up to captain cook to the Up Country Bakery this morning and we were so glad we did! I got the Kona Sea Salt bagel with garlic vegan cream cheese and my husband got the vegan pancakes! Both delicious! We also got fresh squeezed orange juice which was amazing. This cute little bakery uses fresh, local ingredients and produce which is a big deal for us. We enjoyed some music from some traveling self described "hippies" from Canada and even got to do Oracle card readings while we relaxed and enjoyed their music. There are lots of vegan options including burritos, bagels, desserts, smoothies, juices, granola, fruit bowls etc. and if you like their FB page you can also learn about their special pumpkin pies and other seasonal specials that they will make vegan and gluten free. We may make this our Sunday ritual! :)

Wonderful Bagels - Edit

I had a wonderful large vegan Everything bagel with Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese and a wedge of fresh orange for breakfast today ($4). I can't wait to go back for another one. I also saw several other menu items I'd like to try. Everyone was very friendly and pleasant.

Return to Captain Cook Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Up Country Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 180 times since Mar 2012.