First Review by TheHolyV

No no no! - Edit

The idea of a vegan fast food is good. The basic ingredients are good. BUT... The final result is a disaster. The staff are totally unprepared, the service is slow and they make a mess. We ordered two sandwiches with potatoes croquettes and mine arrived cold, while my husband's ones arrived AFTER the dessert... The owner's dog was allowed to stay INSIDE the kitchen and I saw the staff eating food from the clients' dishes in the kitchen. Too bad. The food is good, it's just a shame the people working there don't know how to keep the place clean and tidy. Very disappointing.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 01, 2015

Cons: basic hygienic rules not respected , unprepared staff

Vegan fast food: indulgent and sinful! - Edit

I visited Universo Vegano in October 2013, after visiting their other store in Milan. The food was the same: there is a menu of vegan fast food offers like kebab, grilled tuna sandwich, vegan cheeseburger, etc.. with some spins on American fast food which are typically Italian.

The food is somewhat greasy and unhealthy but I found that to be the point: I take it as an indulgent, sinful and delicious occasional diversion from the usual healthy salads I eat so I was happy to find this place! I had never tried a kebab before so I was really excited.

The venue was not marked too well when I visited: just a cardboard sign on a window and they still did not have furniture despite having been open for a few months. Hopefully the situation has improved since it would be ideal to stop for a greasy bite rather than having to take your bundle of vegan mayonnaise away with you.

Service was not particularly fast at all: when I was I had to wait quite a bit, but they are totally excused and I really hope they will survive and thrive in this location.

Pros: Vegan fast food, Small company and good values

Cons: Lack of seating area

Return to Varese Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Universo Vegano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 912 times since Sep 2013.