Universo Vegano - Campo de' Fiori - maybe closed

Contact 3481004757

Piazza del Paradiso, 18, Rome, Italy, 00136

Opened Sept 2013. Small, franchise vegan fast food outlet with locations in Italy. Counter service. Offers burgers, sandwiches, salads, and other vegan foods. NOTE: maybe closed/shut - please verify and let Happy Cow know.

Category: Vegan, American, Italian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Ajolote

Great Vegan Fast Food - Edit

Small sandwich place, similar to the Veggie Grill in the U.S., just smaller. Food is good and service is fast. It's a little hard to find, it's tucked away in a small street.

Pros: Good Food , Reasonable prices, Fast service

Cons: Small place, Limited hours

Would recommend - Edit

This is a great place if you want tasty fast food. The menu is extensive and offers sandwiches, burgers, falafel and desserts. The service is excellent and the owner is always in a happy mood. Every customer is greeted with a smile. The food is delicious and tastes very fresh. My favourite is the spicy sandwich. It is very good value for money too. I think I paid around €8 for a burger and a bottle of water. I would definitely recommend this place and I would visit again the next time I'm in Rome.

Pros: Good value for money, Excellent service

Cons: No toilet

excellent! - Edit

My boyfriend and I took a stop in here on our first day in Rome and we couldn't stop talking about it for the rest of the trip!
We got two of the daily specials, a vegetable paella and a pasta with ingredients from the south of Italy and both loved our dishes. The staff were super friendly too and made it an absolute pleasure. Prices were really great too, they had a lot of options on their completely vegan menu and even had a good few desserts. We both had the tiramisu - I still have dreams about it. A must for any vegan in Rome.

Disappointing - Edit

We were excited to visit Universo Vegano because they are completely vegan and have great reviews. Unfortunately they could not live up to the high expectations. We tried a quinoa&falafel wrap, the lasagne, and an apple pie.

The wrap was okay, for us it went too heavy on the salty cheese sauce which is just not our style, we prefer wraps with more lettuce/tomato/cucumber. It might just be the Italian/Roman style of thin, crispy wraps, grilled very flat with relatively little greenery, so maybe that is a personal thing.

The lasagne was unfortunately really bad. A very strange vague flavour, again too salty. The apple pie was okay, but nothing special.

The restaurant was extremely busy and appeared to be staffed by a single girl. Maybe we would have enjoyed the experience more if we had gotten some recommendations for dishes to try... though looking at the menu there didn't seem to be that much more which sounded interesting. Universo Vegano seems to have a lot of meat-imitations on their menu (typical for vegan fast food joints) which is not our taste.

Pros: Hot vegan fast food

Cons: Disappointing quality, Busy and limited seating, Focussed on meat imitations

Great staff, tasty fa(s)t-food vegan alternatives - Edit

Had the opportunity to check out Universo Vegano both in Rome and in Florence. Hopefully with time in Rome they will enlarge the menu and make it as wide as in Florence. Other than that, had a nice experience of fast-food dining in Rome!

Pros: creative vegan fast-food alternatives, free Wi-fi, in the city centre

Cons: don't serve soups during the summer, don't have a WC

Amazing Lunch - Edit

The cafe/restaurant whatever is pretty small with only a couple tables but it was fine. Very trendy inside, but no toilet.

The menu was MASSIVE and it was ALL vegan!! I was so damn happy. Most burgers/sandwich/wraps were like 5-$7 so pretty affordable! Especially as they are massive sandwiches and SO DELICIOUS. I got a tofu spinach burger with vegan mayo and cheese and it was so good! We also ordered potato croquettes but we think he brought out soy chicken croquettes and weren't that nice.

Then for a dessert mum was full but I wanted to get as much as I could in me haha so I got this chocolate nut pie thing and it was so yummy too! very pleased.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-03

Pros: Delicious Food & variety, Very affordable, Nice atmosphere

Cons: No toilet, Brought wrong croquettes

Awesome vegan junk food and friendly - Edit

We visited three days in a row because the friendly atmosphere and huge choice of inexpensive vegan food made this by far the best place we went to on our trip to Rome

Pros: Vegan junk food - they also do salad and soup , inexpensive , friendly

Cons: none

Amazing, cheap, well placed - Edit

The food is really really good, I don't know why people posted some bad comments, I never ate such good vegans sandwiches.
I tried the spicy sandwich 2 times and the vebab ("vegan kebab"), it was so delicious...
There even are desserts : vegan tiramisus, fruit tartlets, chocolate cakes, the last time I went there was a little plate with pieces of chocolate cake so we can try it.

Everything is absurdly cheap, I mean for a vegan take-away : 5/6 euros for a classic sandwich, so it's tempting to also take a dessert, but if you don't wanna spend more, one sandwich is big enaugh to cut your hunger.

This was my favorite vegan place in Roma.

The indoor isn't that great, it's a bit small, but at least they have air conditionning !

Pros: Really good food, various meals, vegan desserts, a

Cons: It's a little small inside.

Nice and Quick - Edit

The waitress was kind and helpfull as soon as I went in. Food was very nice: wrap with vegan cheese and cheesecake where my choices and I was pretty satisfied.

Pros: inexpensive, ethical, tasty food

Cons: no bathroom

Mediocre Food - Edit

I was excited from the reviews, but I found the food pretty bland.

Pros: Good Value, Good Location, Friendly Staff

Cons: Mediocre taste, Uses all disposables to serve food on, Limited seating

Failure - Edit

The owner (or staff) was rude with no intention of providing good service. "I don't speak Spanish" he said when I told him that I don't speak Italian (but I am Greek!) because I asked what was lupine fillet and he started to talk in Italian.
The quality of the tomato was awful despite the fact that it's its season.
Such a pitty to walk that much under the heat in order to end up here.

Delicious! - Edit

Fantastic selection - fast food items and traditional pasta dishes, risotto, etc. Dessert to die for. Highly recommend & enjoyed by all my non-veg family members as well!

Pros: Great selection , Perfect portion sizes, Awesome desserts

Cons: Kind of a small location , Don't always have every menu item available

One of the best vegan restaurants we've been to! - Edit

Me and my partner in crime went here and had a blast! The food was magnificent and tasty. We highly recommend the big smoky burger if hungry thus it is the biggest burger we guys ever seen. Go here!

Great variety of choices - Edit

Burger, sandwiches, vebab, vegamitsu...
Everything in this place is good and you have the choice ! Service is very fast, speak english not so well but that's ok. The place is small but well located. Good price / quality rasio. 4 stars because it smell oil a bit.

Pros: Good price / quality ratio, Great variety of meal, Fast service

Cons: Don't speak english very well, Smell oil , Not very healthy

good, but not great - Edit

A bit oily and greasy, not very flavorful but is totally vegan fast food, nice to see in Rome!

Pros: all vegan, veggies burgers, hot dogs, falafel patties, friendly service

Cons: oily, boring favors, too small for groups

Nice spot for freshly prepared vegan fast food - Edit

Nice little vegan fast food place. Staff were friendly if a little hectic. Its pretty small - only a few tables and stools inside. We had a vegan frittata and a panini which were both large and freshly prepared. We shared a chocolate pudding for afters which was really nice. Went back the next day for two take away panini.

Pros: extensive fast food menu - all vegan, friendly staff

Cons: its very small , can be tricky to find

Good burgers and fantastic desserts - Edit

Tried two of their burgers and a wrap. Each one was good and very filling. Fresh veggies and very big sized burgers. Overall very good. I would for sure recommend eating a meal here. What really brings this place to the top though is the FANTASTIC vegan tiramisu and cheesecake. I have not eaten better dessert anywhere in my whole life. Excellent. Very friendly staff and English speaking as well. Get's busy at times in the small locale but we got places to sit at every visit. Everything is well worth it's price.

Pros: Great dessert, Good burgers, Very friendly staff

Cons: Small locale, No bathroom

Great vegan fast food - Edit

The food came quickly and was amazing. The "Big Smoky" burger is to die for! It was a much needed meal after a long day of walking round the city. The potato croquettes were very nice too. The selection of beer in the fridge helped too!

Pros: great location, quick service, very filling

4 - Edit

great place with friendly stuff. entire menu is vegan! few main options with subtitles like sandwiches, burger or tortilla. we took one sandwiches and tortilla with tuna and it was awesome. the mayonaisse sauce is amazing! also ate two desserts which was tiramisu cake and something with nuta - both very good. hardly to find but great to eat!

Pros: prices are ok, all vegan

Amazing place! - Edit

I stopped by this place after walking a lot around the city. It passed lunch hour but I had a normal meal anyway. I ate an amazing sandwich and the best cheesecake ever. Usually cheesecake tastes strongly like soy but this one had an amazing flavor, I actually doubt it was vegan! I recommend this place!

Remarkable - Edit

Just amazing food! I had the Vegan chop sandwich, and despite usually hating mayonnaise (vegan obv) I thought I'd try anyway. I'm glad I did! It tasted like an egg sandwich with fresh tomatoes and lettuce and tofu and it was just fantastic. The girl working there was very friendly too :) Must visit if you're in Rome.

Pros: Everything is vegan!, Tasty food, Good prices

Cons: Location is a bit out of the way of the metro, but

Great food-on-the-go - Edit

This place is great if you want to grab something while you're out and about! However might not be ideal if you want to sit down and eat as there is limited seating. We did manage to get a seat but had to share a table with two people we didn't know. This was fine with us as it's always nice to meet other vegans! The food was delicious, not cheap but not particularly expensive either. We also had organic soft drinks which personally I didn't really like but it could have just been the flavour (ginger). The desserts were ...interesting. Not sure you might have to try those for yourself! Overall I'm really glad we went here as the food was yummy and just what we needed. Would definitely recommend dropping in for a bite :)
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 16, 2016

Pros: delicious food , nice area

Cons: limited seating , Not as cheap as it could be

Good fast food - Edit

We went at a time where it was super super crowded! So it took probably 30min just waiting to order. We had a vegan burger for about €8 (i think it was called smokey or something like that?), which was very very tasty! Also had the vegan chop (good as well), the vegamisu (tasty) and a vegan cheesecake (nothing special). The burger was my favourite. Overall good fast food, really friendly staff.

Pros: Tasty burger, Friendly staff, Nice vegan tiramisu

Still there... still Vegan - Edit

Great Vegan burger place!
I've ordered to go, the place is a bit small but not much crowded. Lots of choices and wonderful cakes. And the most inexpensive place I've eaten in Roma.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 14, 2015

Pros: Good selection of Burgers and such, Cakes! Lots of cakes!!, Inexpensive

Cons: Happy Cow reported closed; it was not!, A bit hidden, Small if you want to eat there

Good fast food - Edit

It is a very small place in Rome, a little bit difficult to find. The stuff was not that friendly and it was not nice to sit there, but it was cheap and delicious. I like the Universo Vegano in Florence so much better, but if you want something vegan to eat it is the perfect place to go.

Pros: cheap, variety

Cons: unhealthy, unfriendly , seating

Great vegan fast food chain - Edit

Very tasty meals, all vegan, with reasonable price. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed the food much more than in a few different veggie restaurants in Rome. If you're looking for a good veggieburger or a sandwich, this is a place to go. You can get vegan desserts here as well, such as tiramisu or cheesecake. The portions are big though, half the burger would be enough for me. The only con is that the place is very small, with only a few tables to sit down. However, I'd be delighted to see a similar fast food chain in my home country.

Pros: Tasty, Wide selection of burgers, Quick

Cons: Just a few tables

A good option if you're in the area - Edit

This Universo Vegano branch packs hungry lunch-rush diners into a tiny dining room and serves fast-food Italian staples and some healthier variations on those familiar themes.

I found the food satisfactory except for the dairy-free "cheese" they used, which wasn't to my taste (i prefer homemade nut cheeses over the processed soy cheeses), and might eat there again if hunger strikes while in the area east of the Vatican, but i wouldn't recommend making a special trip across town just to try it.

Vegan heaven - Edit

One of the best vegan 'fast-food' type of places I have been. Delicious sandwiches and what is more important for me - good selection of desserts. Vegan tiramisu was amazing.

Pros: Nice, friendly athmosphere

so thankful - Edit

I was so unlucky when staying in Rome, all the vegan place were shot for holiday, except Universo Vegano, and one more... The fast food this place offers is really nice, the staff is friendly too (which is not very common in Roma)... Everyday I had a nice meal here.... thank you....

Best vegan burgers we've ever aten - Edit

We ate here several times when staying in Rome in august of 2014. Ate almost all items on the menu and all vere great, some exelent! I really miss this place and wish to go back Rome some day so I can eat these burgers again! The staff was very friendly.

Pros: Really tasty burgers, Super friendly staff

Cons: Small place, Not very cozy

quick lunch - Edit

We stopped in for lunch in between sightseeing. It was a nice respite as it was cool and clean inside. The staff were friendly and we ordered the tahina flatbread and vegan bio sandwich, both of which hit the spot. We also got the fruit tart and tiramisu for dessert. The tart was excellent, but the tiramisu crust was quite hard. The service was quick and we noticed locals coming for a quick lunch too. Definitely a good place for a quick meal or takeout as you order at the counter.

Pros: vegan fast food , nice staff

Great Food! - Edit

We stayed a week around the corner from this little jewel and it was a great spot for fresh, delicious and clean food. The restaurant is immaculate, the employees were friendly and the prices were very reasonable. Loved this spot!

Vegan haven - Edit

We went directly here after a visit to the Pantheon for a refreshing cold drink and some toasted sandwiches made with mock meat and vegan mayo and cheese. It was tasty and the menu had plenty of great vegan options. We'll be going back for desserts again another day!

super! - Edit

This place is bloody brilliant! Vegan fast food that's tastes great! I got a ciabatta omelette and my boyfriend got a chia burger. We also got little potatoes as a side and veggie tirimasu (to go, as we were so full)! All was so yummy! Great value and loads of choice on the menu.

Pros: central , tastes great, good value

Cons: none

Excellent vegan fast food - Edit

We visited twice on our recent trip to Rome. The first time I had the vegan kebab which was delicious. The second time I had the veggie burger which was very nice. Had a wonderful fruit tart for afters.
Got to speak to the manager/franchise owner, Marco, who spoke good English and was very friendly. I asked whether the bought in the cakes,which looked so lovely, and was told they were made fresh on the premises every morning.
On both occasions the place seemed quite busy. Seating limited to 4 tables. Not the place to sit and linger.
Was surprised there were no french fries on the menu, but maybe that's an Italian thing having burgers without fries.

Pros: Excellent tasty vegan fast food, Friendly staff, Vegan cakes

Affordable fast food in a convenient location - Edit

Very nice fast food place in the centre of Rome. This means that is very close to many of the tourist attractions, but not to any train or subway station. Perhaps it is reachable by bus, but we weren't able to figure out how the bus system worked.
The burgers were pretty good and gluten free burgers are also available. The potato croquettes could have been better, but this was compensated by their very good desserts: Tiramisu and Sacher torte. Especially the Tiramisu comes highly recommended.
Too bad they use so much plastic if you want to take out.

Pros: affordable fast food, good burgers, gluten free options

Cons: plastic containers for taking out, poor english of staff (not all)

Great vegan fast food - Edit

Universo Vegano is in really handy place in the city centre near Campo da Fiori. We ate a vegan burger, a mushroom burger and a wrap with vegan cold cuts(?). Vegan burger was a recommendation and it was very good. Mushroom burger was a bit more special, but also good stuff, as well as the nice vegan wrap (also a recommendation).

We also tried three different desserts, tiramisu, nutella pie and creamy white ball with chocolate mousse inside. Desserts were pretty big and reeeaaally sweet. It's maybe a good idea to share one dessert with your mate to avoid sugar overload.

The service was good though there was a slight language barrier. The place is probably often crowded and it has something like 4 tables, so it's best suited for take away. It's probably the best vegan junk food I have eaten -recommended! ;)

Pros: Taste, Many options, Location

Cons: Lack of seats, Crowded and busy

Great food, small price - Edit

small little fast food restaurant with great vegan options. we loved it there! you can choose between sandwiches, wraps, focaccia - they toast the bread and use homemade mayonnaise. so delicious! but they also serve warm foods like lasagne and soups.
they also offer sins like vegan tiramisu or pie - absolutely delicious!
in the surroundings you have the pantheon, an old forum were a lot of cats live :3 and small churches to visit.
highly recommendable!

Pros: many choices, vegan tiramisu ♡, central

Delicious food, nice staff, convenient location! - Edit

With a last minute trip to Rome planned, I was worried about the lack of vegan meals (Italians love cheese!). Thankfully I found Universo Vegano and I was really impressed with the food!
I met the owner, who was very friendly and very passionate about veganism.
Great staff, great food, great atmosphere.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Dog-friendly

Cons: More seating to encourage more customers

fast, easy, and great. - Edit

The first impression is kind of strange, you walk into this little store with a counter that is barely a meter wide, and has very limited space for eating... however, once you see the menu, and taste the food they have to offer which is made right in front of you with so much love, all of that ceases to matter. This is definitely the best vegan food in all of rome, and they also offer self-made takeaway; And if you aren't stuffed from the amazing main courses, the deserts will definitely blow you away! A great place to go for a quick meal, or when just walking through when you're close by. The proximity to the Campo di Fiori and yet its somewhat remote location makes it perfect for a short retreat before continuing your tour through the eternal city.

Pros: Great food., Inexpensive., Allaround friendly atmosphere.

Cons: No sanitary instalations.

best vegan burger - Edit

On the description it says it opens at 7pm on a Sunday, this is wrong it opens at 7:30pm!
I read quite a few reviews that said the tuna was really good, i didn't really like it that much, the flavour was pretty bland compared to my aunties burger that she got. It was one of the yummiest vegan burgers I've ever tried. Will definetly go for that next time! For dessert we shared the tiramisu which was very pleasant. The prices were good, mine was 4,90€ and the vegan burger was 5,50€. We didn't wait long for our food at all and the staff were friendly. It was quite busy as well so it must be popular.

Pros: 100% vegan, heaps to choose from

Cons: needs more seating

vegan fast food - Edit

This little fast food is the ideal solution if you are walking in the zone of Campo dei Fiori.
I ate once Seitan tuna (absolutely delicious) and another time Seitan with vegetables, very good and tasty as well.
There is not much space on the inside (no more than 6 seats I think) but is with trying, even because is very cheap!

Great little vegan fast food outlet. - Edit

Such a welcome break from pizza marinara. I had the vegan chop and it was enormous and delicious. Unfortunately I didnt have room for the vegan tiramisu. Very small shop but well worth a visit. Its not too far from the Piazza Navona and very reasonably priced.

Pros: Excellent food choice, Everything is vegan, Delicious food

Cons: A little small

Good price, good food - Edit

Pleasant people, good food and a very pleasant price!

The food was done quite fast, and all four of us got the food almost at the same time. I had the regular burger. The biggest burger I have gotten at a restaurant or fast food-place!

Yes, I'm going to eat here more!

Pros: Friendly atmosphere. , Good prices. , Good food.

Cons: The place could have been bigger. , A bit hard to find.

A quickbite - Edit

Universo Vegano is a place worth visiting for a quick lunch or dinner. The place is most of all a burger joint, offering different kinds of bread with different kinds of filling; traditional burger, "tuna", "ham" and that sort of thing - plus a relatively boring piece of lettuce and tomato - and mayo of course. For between 3 and 4 euro extra you can get some potato crocettes and a bottled water, making the most expensive meal cost somewhere around 9 euro. For a dinner in Rome, that's cheap. There's also some salad choises and desert options (fruit or tiramisu).
I tried the foccacia, the "tuna" sandwich, the burger, the crocettes and the tiramisu dessert. A common feature was that the amount was ok (i'm a tall guy with huge food cravings), the filling was tasty - but the bread a little dry. I could have wished for the buns to be roasted or at least heated more. Some more interesting lettuce could be nice too, but overall it's a decent meal.
The tiramisu is fantastic beyond any description.

The place is very nicely located, but has a lack of good seating. Next time i come i will probably ask for take away and bring the food to a more cosy place.

There was also a single gluten free option.

Pros: At least 10 different choises, Solid meal, Very friendly staff

Cons: Dry bread. , Not so cosy

Decent inexpensive option! - Edit

I thought the food was decent enough here, nothing amazing but good enough for the buck. The place specializes with sandwiches and the price for the food is inexpensive.

If you are uncertain of what to try first on the menu, I recommend anyone to try the tuna sandwich which is excellent. Unfortunately the "vebab" and burger was very disappointing.

Overall the sandwiches are a hit and miss, but dont let that discourage you as I tend to be a very picky person.
The pies they offer for the desert were not too shabby either but could be a lot better.

Overall the atmosphere of the place was nothing great since I felt like the people working there were not so pleasant. However this is not very uncommon to feel in general when eating in Rome (especially at a small cafe) since they dont try to accommodate you or be of service.

The restaurant was easy to find; being close to a busy street (Vittorio Emanuelle 2 Street) so you wont have any problems getting there.

If you are looking for somewhere to get a fast meal thats vegan and inexpensive, look no further. However if you are picky and expect quality food you should look elsewhere since you wont be missing anything here.

Pros: Decent selection, Price, Location

Cons: Not so pleasant place, Food quality a hit or miss

Quick Vegan Food - Edit

Went for a late lunch - great to find an all vegan, affordable, quick place in Rome - the restaurant (with bar type seats for about 10 people) is cute - and nice to see that there were other people eating there - and their packaging is eco.
But there are some ho-hum aspects:
* flavors of the sandwiches was flat - not bad, just not very flavorful - maybe they are trying to use a minimal amount of salt, and since that does not seem normal for fake meat sandwiches (usually with a salty fake meat patty, and with salty full flavor sauces), so the food is not very exciting.
* They were out of the potato "nuggets" and soya "nuggets" - so could get those with our "combo meal" order - they did have salad which is a nice complement to the sandwiches
* Note: we did notice one of the kitchen staff pack down the composting/trash bin, and then go the kitchen and not wash their hands - and continue to do work, and prepare food - so the cleanliness of that particular staff member is a little questionable (and certainly not up to standards of kitchen cleanliness)

Pros: good value

Cons: only ho-hum flavor, cleanliness, some items not available

Veg Italian Delice - Edit

We visited this nice place during our xmas holidays just walking around in the city center! WOW what's surprise for us ! Nice place nice people and super veg food! Our children were so excited and ate 1 veghine and 1 hot vegan ... and also veghina choco...uhm really delicious! I miss you so much Universo Vegano Rome ...

Pros: Friendly staff, excellent food, good value

Good fast food - Edit

We ate here twice on a recent visit to Rome. The prices were extremely good and there were so many options! I found the vegan burger to be a bit mushy, but the "cheese" was delicious. We also tried the vegan chop, vebab, and veghana rustic. I thought all of them were just a bit heavy on the mayo, but still very tasty. The potato croquettes that come with the combo are quite good. Overall, this was a great fast food experience and it certainly made our visit to Rome a more pleasant one.

Pros: inexpensive, quick, great "cheese"

Cons: too much mayo, limited seating

Just plain awesome - Edit

This place is great. The staff is very friendly, the menu is simple, ingredients are fresh and the prices are good.

You can get a sandwich from 5-7€ and add 2€ to turn it into a combo with salad and either potatoes or meatballs.

I went twice and tried several different items. All of them were fresh, delicious and filling. I definitely recommend the farm soup.

Pros: All vegan, Friendly

Brilliant Fast Food - Edit

A great choice of sandwiches, wraps, hot dogs, etc all veganised. We were really pleasantly surprised to find they also had gluten free options which meant my girlfriend could eat a massive sandwich too! We had a hot dog and a GF cheese and ham sandwich for 12 euros (the GF option is slightly more expensive). The food tasted great, portions were big, prices were reasonable and the staff were really friendly - all in the very heart of Rome! Definitely recommend. Only wish we had some of these in England.

Pros: Quick, friendly Service, Great Choice, Gluten Free Sandwiches!

Cons: There's not one near my house!

vegan house - Edit

Perfect place for vegan and vegetarian.
Everything we tried was very good, they have a menu with many options (20 different sandwiches , a big salad, soybean patties and potato croquettes). There are vegan beers, biological cola, orange and gassosa. Also water is zero km product.
There is a bowl for dogs with water and vegan croquettes.
I have seen led tecnology for lights and collection of waste, so they are really involved for low environmental impact.

The service is fast and very friendly.

Last thing, the store is very close to Piazza Navona and Campo de 'Fiori (both to see)

If you are vegan/vegetarian this place is perfect for you!!!

Pros: food, friendly staff, cheap

Cons: no restroom

Nuovo - Edit

Finalmente un punto vegano in centro storico! Panini tutti (o quasi) buonissimi, scelta varia e convincente, prezzi in linea con la concorrente alimentazione tipo fast food non rispettosa di animali e di criteri alimentari sani. Personale simpatico, grande scelta anche di bevande.

Pros: Prezzo , Varietà

Yummy food - Edit

It's a little deli-like restaurant near campo di Fiore Market and near Corso Vittorio Emanuele II. It was a little difficult to find but I finally found it. I enjoyed to finally find made when you order sandwiches. They use seitan, tofu, and other plant based mock meats. The staff is super friendly and they speak some English. I had no problem placing my order. The sandwiches were tasty and fresh. There's not enough sitting on the bar setting tables on the side but you can order "take away" and just take it and have a a picnic near all the wonderful sites around there. I would recommend Torre Argentina, which besides being the murder site of Julius Cesar, it's also a Cat Sanctuary with about 250 cats living there.

Pros: Tasty food, Fast service, Friendly and helpful staff

Cons: difficult to find

Wonderful and Fast! - Edit

This is a great way to eat vegan in Rome! It is Rome's equivalent to LA's Veggie Grill, except smaller (aka no real seating just some stools if you are in a real hurry to eat). But it is ROME! Grab your 100% vegan sandwich and head over to the neatest Piazza and enjoy! My husband and I plan on grabbing lunch here every day for three reasons:

1 it's vegan and delicious

2 it's cheap, a hearty vegan sandwich is only 5€ and a combo is 7€

3 it's fast and easy and perfect to grab on the go to a piazza or park and eat while you people watch.

Marco, who worked at the counter was so friendly and after we got our food sat at the counter he talked about Italy and America and traveling. He thinks his English is poor but he was being modest and in reality it was quite good as long as you speak moderately. Go to this place for lunch every day and enjoy guilt free hearty vegan food for a cheap price. And them you won't feel so bad splurging on dinner!

Pros: Super friendly staff, Delicious hearty vegan sandwiches, Fast and easy

Cons: Small, but it's supposed to be!

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Universo Vegano - Campo de' Fiori - maybe closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 16102 times since Sep 2013.