Universo Vegano

Via San Gregorio Barbarigo, 87, Padova, Padua, Italy, 35141

Franchise vegan fast food outlet with locations in Italy. Counter service. Offers burgers, sandwiches, salads, and other vegan food. Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-3:30pm, Mon-Sun 6:30pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Italian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Happy Veg Man

Good vegan food - Edit

A good variety of vegan food from appetizers to desserts that really amazing . Nice place and friendly staff.

Good lunch spot - Edit

Good vegan chain.
Would suggest for a quick lunch.
TONS of vegan options. Nice to have vegan pizza.
Also the option to add spirulina to smoothies (and ALMOND milk instead of soy milk was so nice!)

Pros: tons of vegan options!!, spirulina! almond milk decent prices huge menu

So happy Universo Vegano exists - Edit

This chain is not really fast food. It's just amazing food.
We had a piadina, a dish of lasagna and some extremely good dessert.
I wholly recommend it, you can find any kind of food you feel like and the cuisine is high level.
Just choose what goes more with your taste.
The branch in Padova is very good.

Pros: Tiramisú, Cuor di Crema, VAST selection

Very decent - Edit

The food there is very decent, although the menu has a lot of soya-derived products (which is not necessarily to my taste). I had a nice gaspacho, but it was served in a plastic bowl, which is a total no-no for me as it feels so wrong. Then I had a porcini risotto which was perfect. I certainly intend to go back and tried the gigantic burger which my neighbour had; also saw an amazing salad. Although I totally applaud a vegan chain, I am not keen on soya-derived faked meat. Apart from that, great! Super friendly service; even allow dogs in there!

Pros: Large selection of all vegan, Friendly service, Pet-friendly

Cons: Fake meat, Lots of soya products

Choices! - Edit

Excellent place. The food is delicious and fairly priced. The staff are friendly and helpful. Good location, not too far from the bus and train stations.

Pros: Lots of choice, fairly priced, friendly staff

Perfect place for an all-vegan lunch - Edit

I absolutely love this all-vegan place! We went here for lunch and shared a lasagna and a beach salad. The beach salad was just a refreshing salad with some vegan tuna and cheese. The lasagna was absolutely great as it isn't often that I can have a vegan lasagna bolognese. The staff was very friendly, the interior was nice and clean, there is free wifi, and the food is not expensive at all. The perfect place for lunch, but I wouldn't go here for dinner.

Pros: Vegan lasagna bolognese, Friendly staff, All vegan

Cons: No atmosphere for dinner

Veganism is spreading in Italy! - Edit

Universo Vegano is a vegan fast food chain being developed in Italy, and it's great! I've been in this one in Padova. It was nice. Staff is really friendly and helpful. They doesn't speak English but a little French and the menu was quite easy to understand since there are pictures of each item. The place is quite pleasant and offers room. There are plays for kids if you come with yours.

I was very hungry so I took the vegan hot dog and the focaccia sandwich. They are generous and were not bad but I expected they would have been more tasty. The hot dog was not very smooth (I didn't like so much the sausages) and the sandwich lacked a bit of spice. However, their tiramisu is amazing! I also took the Belle Hélène chocolate-pear pie that was excellent as well as their friends cookies (which are not cookies but biscuits). They have nice drinks as well (an Italian lemonade and the Ubuntu Cola).

To sum up, they offers a good alternative for vegans in Italy so do not hesitate to try the other sandwiches.

Pros: vegan, amazing tiramisu, big portions, great choice of fast food items, very friendly staff, pleasant place

Cons: lack of taste of some items

Vegan fast food...perfect for students :) - Edit

So, I'm a student here in Padova and I love this place. Since it opened I've been there at least weekly (sometimes 2x per week).. The food isn't too expensive, the options are interesting and there's quite a large menu for a fast food place.
I won't lie the potato crochettes are pretty bland, also the seitan tuna sandwich but then there's other more delicious options like the Foccacia Vegan...or the Veghina Marine, it tastes like real tuna! It's perfect for lazy vegans like me e.g. students haha.

Pros: Fair price, Friendly staff

Cons: Sometimes long queues, Not enough seating on busy days

I wanted to like it - Edit

I try to support any vegan restaurant I find, and I was excited when a friend told me about a vegan spot in Padova. I decided to get a take away lunch for my family to enjoy on the Prato Della Valle. Unfortunately, none of us could finish our meal. The vegan burger was mushy, and the sides (soy and or potatoe balls) were tasteless and had terrible texture. On a positive note, all the containers and forks etc are biodegradable. As much as it pains me, I could not recommend this restaurant.

Return to Padua Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Universo Vegano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2060 times.