Universe.Cafe

Contact 0960213088

Taipei City Hall MRT station, Taipei, Taiwan,

宇宙客, at 米類工作室 110台北市信義區, opened Feb 2016 inside City Hall MRT station by exit 4. It's a quick service counter that offers vegan raw food dishes, raw cakes, and juices. A few seats for eating-in. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by vegan27

Loved the cakes - Edit

I really loved the cakes when I went there - I had the raspberry cashew cheese cake and the lemon cheese cake. The store uses a lot of plastic for packaging and tasting though, and I tried to make it clear that I didn't want to try the drink because it was in a little plastic cup and not because I didn't want to try the drink itself!

Pros: delicious cakes , convenient location

Cons: uses too much plastic

The cakes are awesome! - Edit

Was looking for a vegan cafe near Taipei City Hall station to have some cakes. This place is a gem! The counter staffs spoke English and gave me some samples to try. I ended up buying 2 slices; chocolate-banana and cookie crumbs. Delicious. Highly recommended!

Cons: A little on the high side in terms of price. Bough

I liked this place a lot. The staff are friendly and helpful. They'll sometimes offer you samples, which is nice. The drinks and desserts are really good. It's worth stopping by to check them out.

universe cafe (city hall) - Edit

chanced upon this raw juice/food stall within taipei city hall mrt station as we'd rented an airbnb nearby.

the two ladies manning the stall were friendly and extremely generous with samples, even though we obviously could not buy or eat so much. the juices were fresh and delicious (plus point: glass bottles, but not all were cold-pressed) and the raw zucchini pasta was a great snack for a bus ride down to taichung. some of the desserts/cakes were nice too - best to try before you buy to see what you prefer.

for cold pressed juices and raw food, it's cheap by singapore and hong kong standards. opening hours: 7 am to 11.30 pm!!! i hope they work on shifts.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-18

Pros: great vegan juices/desserts, generous with samples, cheap by sg/hk standards

Cons: too much plastic

Food is delicious, packaging and pod coffee is not! - Edit

In the beginning there were some issues regarding the use of honey in some of their products or at least the description for ingredients. This since to have been seemed rectified so it's a safe place for vegan eaters.

The raw blueberry cake is flavorful, smoothies great, the quiche delicious. It's great that raw food can be accessible to people.

The biggest issue I have is the sheer amount of plastic utilized which is not necessary. To have items on display and then to put slices of cakes in a friendlier recyclable packaging surely cannot be that difficult - YES it takes a bit more time and dedication from staff but in the long run better for the planet and our health which should be the ultimate goal if one has already grasped the purpose of raw foods.

We sat in one of the two seats they had and was not offered the items or even the smoothie that was freshly mixed in a re-usable cup but a single use plastic one. Plastic forks. When using items in store and you only have 4-5 seats surely at least this aspect can be altered.

I love the food but in the overall scheme of why some people choose veganism or a raw diet a) health b) less suffering for non-human animals c) environmental; the sheer volume of plastic defeats all three purposes (plastic is detrimental to our health, the unwilling consumption of plastic by animals, environmental disaster which then affects both a& b) so other than my first trip and despite this being the best raw blueberry I've had in Taiwan, I have not gone back.

Lately I heard they started using pod coffee which is also not that great for the environment.

Pros: Taste, Convenience in location

Cons: Plastic, Plastic, Pod Coffee

Interesting Place Well Worth Visiting - Edit

This vegan, raw food bar combines an eclectic mix of healthy vegan raw food, science (both alternative and conventional) and spirituality, but if the second two don't appeal it's well worth going for the first. It uses 'micro-water' in combination with nutrient-rich food to make what is apparently (according to European research) perfect food for to nourish our bodies, in the right combinations. I don't know enough to know if / how much the micro-water works, but my cake and drink were certainly fresh (drinks made in real time) and very healthy. It's a little expensive (drinks upwards of NT100) but seems excellent value for food this fresh and good.

Pros: healthy, fast, convenient

Cons: a little expensive, but worth it!

Raw food, smoothies and juices - Edit

I love this place! They have savory raw food as well as raw cakes. I especially love their cold pressed juices and healthy smoothies!!! They're open from 8 am to late at night! Sooo convenient!

Pros: Long opening hours

Cons: selection's not very big and doesn't change often

Happy Cells - Edit

It doesn’t matter if you’re vegan or not, this place has amazing food. They sell all raw vegan, and their raw cakes are out of this world delicious. The savory selections were very satisfying, like their raw quiches and spiralized zucchini pastas.

I frequently find myself running over there to grab a couple of things, especially their juices. I had forgotten the power of juicing until now. They're cold-pressed with no sugar or water added, in glass bottles (yay). They’re like the little energy shots you’d find at a juicery, except in a 10 oz bottle and really yummy.
I think their pricing is very fair for the quality of food they are serving.
Less money spent on junk, more money spent on wholesome cell regenerating food :)

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Universe.Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.