Unity Vegan Kitchen - Food Truck

Contact 512-409-0420

415 Jessie St, Austin, Texas, USA, 78704

Vegan food trailer. Began service in Aug 2013. Previously located at 701 E 53rd St, Aug 2014. Open Wed-Sun 11:00am-2:00pm, Wed-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by Jgr1414

Great specials too - Edit

I knew the sandwich and lands were good but instead opted for the chicken and waffles special and the cheese steak with curly fries special. Both were fabulous. Highly recommended.

Fantastic - Edit

I got the muffuletta sandwich and my sister got the lasagna. Both were amazing. The bread alone was delicious. If you go, get the pineapple cobbler, it's more like a bread pudding than a cobbler but it's fantastic. I just wish I lived closer to it.

Pros: Excellent Food

Sandwiches are great - Edit

They have a pretty limited menu, but (1) that's to be expected from a food truck and (2) who needs an extensive menu when everything you serve is awesome?

I loved the sun-dried tomato and tofu sandwich. The tomato spread was divine - it had really deep flavors and left me craving more.

I also had the muffaleta, which was equally delicious. It was topped with homemade cashew cheese and olive tapenade, making for a really flavorful one-two punch.

I scarfed down both sandwiches in a matter of minutes. Both were rich and had a nice combination of flavors. I would have gone back for seconds (or thirds and fourths, depending on how you count) if we weren't in a hurry to head downtown. I'll have to stop by here again next time I'm in town.

Pros: Sandwiches, Spreads

Fantastic chicken and waffles - Edit

You're gonna want to get the chicken and waffles when she has them. I also had some sort of sausage on a waffle, too. Great sandwich and salad and super fantastic lasagna. This lasagna was seriously a revitalizing experience after a cold day hiking last winter. This is one of my favorite trucks in Austin. You may get live music some nights, too.

Pros: Chicken and Waffles, Live music, Chicken and Waffles

Very good! - Edit

I had the chips and queso, muffelleta (sp?), and a chocolate chip cookie. All were wonderful! The queso was truly amazing! I'm only in Austin for the weekend and I will certainly be visiting again while I'm here.

LOVE this place - Edit

Came here and ordered the cheese steak with fries. It was sooo good. When I went back I wanted to try the lasagna (which I've heard is good) but I couldn't help it and got the cheese steak again. Highly recommend.

Pros: Delicious, All vegan

Cons: Pay for parking

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Unity Vegan Kitchen - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3254 times since Aug 2013.