First Review by vegangela_food

Good option for Rozelle - Edit

My husband had the big vegan breakfast for $16.50. The avocado was quite hard, the mushrooms cold, and the beans were a little bland. I had the corn and zucchini fritters, which had that typical gluten free texture. Was tasty enough for $16. Was average, but still ok, considering that there aren't as many vegan friendly places in Rozelle as other suburbs nearby. Next time we'll try more of the lunch options :)

A mainly enjoyable experience - Edit

Check pros and cons below

Pros: organic pasta is lovely, plenty of options , dessert selection with raw cakes and treats

Cons: asked for vegan butter but they gave me dairy butt

Excellent food - Edit

I go to Ungaro regularly and the food is fresh, healthy and tasty. They have some amazing specials. In contrast to another reviewer I believe it is way better than Sadhana Kitchen. The service is very friendly at Ungaro, and whilst it's not a place to go to for a quick meal, it's a lovely dining experience. If I had to seek out something for improvement I'd say I'd wish they would use notzarella for the vegan pizza. That would be excellent.

I think some of the other reviews are a bit unfair and it seems people have given lower ratings simply because it was miscategorised as vegan (which may have been done by a happy cow user not the owner). Also, there has been new management for a while and the menu clearly marks vegan dishes so some issues identified by other reviewers have been addressed.
Updated from previous review on Saturday July 11, 2015

Delicious and fresh vegan food - Edit

So much amazing vegan and gluten free food. I loved it. Try the raw tasting plate and the tofu stirfry. The food comes out a bit slow and staff are not too active but the food makes up for it.

Pros: amazing food, affordable, outside seating in the sun

Cons: egg and dairy on the menu

not vegan - Edit

Tasty dishes, but as the other reviewers have said, this place is not vegan. Also, please train staff as to what is in each dish so they can confidently inform customers which is vegan our not.

Not vegan, disappointing smoothies and cake - Edit

This place is NOT vegan, despite happy cow's categorisation and ungaro raw's own branding+marketing. They do have strict-vegetarian foods available, but most is lacto-ovo-vegetarian. You can't call yourself a vegan establishment while you still enslave animals, it doesn't work that way - it just means you have strict-vegetarian options!

We ordered a green smoothy, and a carrot cake. The smoothy tasted awful and the carrot cake was very oiley. Sadhana kitchen is much better.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 04, 2014

Cons: Not vegan, Markets itself as vegan, Meh food

Great veggie range of food - Edit

Despite the name, the cafe is vegetarian, not raw vegan. However, vegan and raw options are clearly marked on the menu.

The breakfast menu is an all day menu and is great for lunch if you are that way inclined! They have coconut yoghurt for smoothies and cereals, as well as plant milks for coffees, smoothies, breakfasts etc.

The lunch and dinner vegan and raw vegan options could form a greater part of the menu and be a little less grain heavy and a bit more protein rich, but every vegan meal that I have tried has satisfied my tastebuds.

Most dessert options are raw vegan and divine - the raw peppermint slice does not disappoint. This is Ungaro Raw's strength.

The staff are very helpful in responding to questions and requests to make items vegan. I am confident when I order at Ungaro Raw that there will be no nasty non vegan surprises.

Pros: Excellent desserts, 100% assured of getting vegan food, Breakfasts and smoothies of win

Cons: Not fully raw vegan, More tofu and lentil dishes please!

Ungaro Raw - Edit

Ungaro Raw has some extremely delicious choices on their menu served in a beautifully relaxed setting!! Everything I have tasted here has been incredible (I have sampled brekkie, lunch, dinner, coffee, smoothies, snacks, and dessert)! They offer great choices for Vegetarians, Vegans and have some Raw Meals (not all the food is raw contrary to the cafe's name). Although the food is fresh, beautiful, and healthy, I would caution new customers to be prepared to wait quite awhile to get their dishes. Service is extremely slow. Also, some the staff can be rude, unfriendly and seen to have no passion for the food or service they offer...with exception to the lovely lady server who is always there for dinner on the weekends. If it wasn't for the staff I would have easily give Ungaro Raw all 5 stars without hesitation. That being said, the dishes are so lovely, that I am able to look past the service and recommend this place to many of my friends...thus far.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy , Fresh

Cons: No passion for their product, Slow service , Expensive

Return to Rozelle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ungaro Raw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2392 times since Aug 2013.