Under the Volcano

Contact 519-435-1197

30 Wharncliffe Rd N, London, Ontario, Canada, N6H 2A4

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family atmosphere Mexican food restaurant. Menu marks vegetarian choices; could request vegan or build-your-own burrito. In 2015 relocated from 215 Piccadilly St.

Category: Lacto, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by maulydaft

Great option for vegans - Edit

We've had lunch here twice, getting the same thing, but it was so delicious I didn't mind. We had take-out burritos that we "constructed" ourselves. They were absolutely delicious. Everything from the tortilla, to salsa and beans was spot on.

Delicious Dinner on Cinco de Mayo - Edit

Three of us, all vegetarian, were looking for some Mexican inspired food. The menu very clearly describes which items are vegetarian or can be made vegetarian. All 3 of us had different items; The Big One (Burrito), the Flauta and the Quesadilla. We chose the black bean, spinach & mushroom filling and enjoyed different sides; rice, beans, spicy fries and mexislaw. We all loved our meals (and enjoyed tastes of each others') and were way too full for dessert. We'll look forward to our next visit to try some of the starters and desserts! The warm corn chips and homemade salsa were also very much appreciated and disappeared pretty quickly!

Pros: Delicious Food, Well marked vegetarian items, Excellent wait staff

Cons: Nothing that I can think of

vegan friendly - Edit

Although this kitchen serves meat, the menu marks the options that are or can be made vegetarian and vegan. Even better, the wait staff know that honey is not vegan and will double check with you that you want that taken out. I recommend this vegan friendly place, they are very accommodating and it's defiantly the best Mex in london.

I liked it - Edit

I'm from out of town, I've eated here twice. I really love their homemade tortilla chips. I think about them often! I ate a vegan version of the Chonita and quite liked it, both times.

Pros: yummy chips, chonita

Cons: would like more vegan options, it's a typical "family restaurant" atmos

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Under the Volcano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2669 times since Aug 2007.