First Review by AndyTheVWDude

Great little spot to stop for lunch - Edit

Great little spot to stop for lunch. Savoury and sweet vegan options. We had a great meal and then couldn't help but get two different slices to takeaway. Everything we tried was delicious!

Unexpected vegan lunch find.... - Edit

There are not a lot of Vegan dining finds in cafes in Mid-Canterbury. We had struggled for breakfast & lunch finds until we stopped at this nice place for lunch.

Their blackboard menu offered the usual types of cafe fare like fries, sandwhiches, etc but the cabinet options included vegetarian rice balls with cheese centers, quiche, vege stacks, salads.

I ordered a quinoa and vege slice that they warmed & served with a tasty side salad & beetroot hummus. Delicious! I asked why they offered so many non-meat options & they said the owner just likes to make them....Nice.

I had a nice piece of Vegan cardamon & cashew slice with a great coffee for dessert. They also had bliss balls and other vegan sweet treats. I'm always happy to support a cafe that supports vegans....thanks guys!

Pros: Tasty vegan lunch & breakfast options, Clean and bright cafe, Friendly & helpful staff

Cons: Doesn't open until 9 for Breakfast

Has CLOSED: Under the Oaks Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.