Under the High Wheel

Contact 780-439-4442

8135 102 St, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, t6e4a4

Serves meat, vegan options available. Makes comfort food including several labeled veggie and a few vegan dishes. Has vegan crepes, a portabello burger. Prices are moderate to slightly expensive. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Western, Canadian, Non-veg

First Review by Madimassacre

Unimpressed - Edit

I went here for a business meeting, but not sure what all the fuss is about. I had the veggie burger and found it to be soggy, the bun was falling apart it was so damp. Side salad was a bit boring too. Overpriced and overly busy.

Pros: Popular location

Cons: Food just OK, Not very many vegan options

Classy and delicious - Edit

The particular evening I dined at Under The High Wheel I was lucky enough to be able to have the soup of the day. It was a very delicious creamy zucchini and dill soup, which was great but it was served with a cheese scone which confused me because I informed the server that I was vegan. I finished the soup and left the scone on the side. For the main dish I had a red pepper crepe that was generously filled with vegetables. It was so big that I could only finish about half of it and got the rest to go. Beautiful decor, delicious wine and friendly servers will be bringing me back to this hidden gem for vegans.

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Under the High Wheel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.