Uncommon Ground

773-929-3680

3800 N Clark St, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60613

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan choices include a chilaquiles, chorizo seitan, organic tofu scramble, hummus, and greens & grains salad.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by makemenervous

few options, but good ones! - Edit

Great vegan/veggie options. I had the veggie chili without cheese and sour cream. Great base and flavors! My husband got the vegan scramble and practically licked the plate.
Would give 5 stars for having veggie options!
Also, great beer and the space is so cute!

Gives vegan food a bad name. - Edit

I went for brunch with my lady friends - excited that there were vegan chilaquiles and other clearly labeled vegan food. I only had the chilaquiles, but I feel I can safely say I will never go out of my way for this place again.

For starters, it's a dollar more than the regular chilaquiles which has eggs, cheese, sour cream, AND chorizo. An extra buck for less ingredients and disgusting tofu. I could tell the tofu was frozen because it was spongy, which I don't personally mind. But this person obviously had no idea what to do with it as it wasn't drained, marinated, seasoned, or anything. Honestly, gag-worthy. The chips were good, the salsa was alright. For $15 I was left hungry and a bit grossed out.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 05, 2015

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff

Cons: pricey for what you get, lacking flavor

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Uncommon Ground closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.